USMLE STEP 3 Trick Works!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chamorro12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The "trick" still works. Here's how it played out for me:

-NBME (apps.nbme.org) permit link disappeared early Sunday AM
-FSMB (usmle.fsmb.org) changed from "active" to "expired" early Monday AM with no link to reapply

Score report was available Wednesday 12:00 am Eastern Time on NBME (https://apps.nbme.org).

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Step 1: <210
CK: >250
UWSA 1: 207
Real deal: 240!!!!!!!

After I was having constant thoughts that I failed for three weeks. Guessed on most of the basic science on day 1. Day 2 MC were better but I thought I bombed CCS.l (one case I had no idea what was going on and lasted forever 2 I gave the wrong treatment, another I did an invasive test). I would definitely recommend watching the ********** free video on YouTube because that schema of placing orders must have saved me even when I had no idea what was going on.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With the help of God and Jesus PASSEDDDDDD trick worked, in my first The yellow link was there, God bless everyone taking this hard test.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I took my test on 12/16 and 12/18? Should I expect my result on 1/8? How does the trick work? I still have my permit link available at nbme website..

Last month, my permit disappeared on Sunday and, on Monday changed to expired but I got my result on Tuesday 24th Dec, so I think for you guys will be expired on Tuesday. Trick worked for me and no link to reapply.

Hopefully you will pass
Good luck

Mine was in December 18th and 23rd, Should I expect my results this week? The status is still approved and the permit link still appears

Last month, my permit disappeared on Sunday and, on Monday changed to expired but I got my result on Tuesday 24th Dec, so I think for you guys will be expired on Tuesday. Trick worked for me and no link to reapply.

Hopefully you will pass
Good luck
What day did your permit disappear? Mine is still up, my test dates were 12/16 and 12/18. What u think when will I get my result?

What day did your permit disappear? Mine is still up, my test dates were 12/16 and 12/18. What u think when will I get my result?
I took exam with day 2 dec 17. this week is Wednesday 4. however my FSMB still says "approved" does this mean I am not getting score back this week?

I'm assuming this is a good sign based on everything I've read.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 3.53.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 3.53.10 AM.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 145
And I'm borrowing this from another previous post but want to share because it is helping bring me some relief:

Expired + no yellow box = pass

However, this MAY not be true if you are still in the 3-mont Eligibility Period. Seems people who got surprised (i.e., the "trick" didn't work) saw "Expired" plus no yellow box but the yellow box appeared once their score report posted at midnight. They were still within the 3-month eligibility period, however.

My status is now expired with no yellow box. My eligibility is expired as well.

I hope I will hear something great tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
The FCVS trick doesn’t work for Step 3. The result status is still empty

Attachments

• D7B10378-08B5-4316-A9A1-78D595C47BC6.jpeg
    D7B10378-08B5-4316-A9A1-78D595C47BC6.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 166
the wait is killing me. status is expired with no link. But read online that this year the gray box changed to yellow for some right after midnight tuesday. I have never been this anxious ever in my life.

the wait is killing me. status is expired with no link. But read online that this year the gray box changed to yellow for some right after midnight tuesday. I have never been this anxious ever in my life.
From everything I've read (and I read quite a bit while I couldn't sleep a wink last night) that is only true for folks who are still within the eligibility period. If you are outside that window you should be fine. :X3:

And, for what it's worth, I cannot register for the test again. Hoping that bodes well.

I still have my permit link on nbme and it says approved on fsmb.. took on 12/16 and 12/18.. I think I will not be getting my result this week.. what you think?
Same here, my last day was the 16th and it says approved still.

From everything I've read (and I read quite a bit while I couldn't sleep a wink last night) that is only true for folks who are still within the eligibility period. If you are outside that window you should be fine. :X3:

And, for what it's worth, I cannot register for the test again. Hoping that bodes well.

I agree

After midnight where can we find our score? OR do we have to wait for an email in the AM? My status just changed to expired