Stewart University Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Even if you don't get into Stewart, you keep applying to ANY medical school, ok?"

Members don't see this ad :)
will a 4.0 in a philosophy major hold the same weight as a 3.0 in engineering? well, according to the screening computers 4>3

Stewart - the #1 Medical School
As the #1 leader in US medical education, Stewart University

Stewart Med is my fave Friday night SDN topic.:thumbup:

No MCAT - NOT required for MD licensure No Bachelor's Degree - NOT required for MD licensure No Minimum Undergrad Credit Hrs -NOT required for MD licensure No AMCAS Application, Apply Directly via School Website No Age Limit
:lol:

from the 1st video:
"what you guys have to realize is that you're not pursuing a 'graduate' degree - you're pursuing a doctorate."

Their assistant professor:
Dr. Pepel's preferred method of treatment is classical homeopathy, but other modalities including hydrotherapy, botanical medicine, or the use of essential oils, gemstones and Feng Shui advice are successfully used in her practice.

BTW, none of their "MD" faculty come up in the state of California medical license search.​

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we allowed to make fun of one of the student essays for saying he grew up in a "slump?"

And how much do you think this Saul guy is getting paid? He's putting out these videos and president of every Stewart organization. My big question is that he says he needs to learn for when he starts rotations. Isn't this pending?

i've done a couple of searches for the AMA or AAMC's response to Stewart Universities blasphemous claims. No dice. How can a school like Stewart advertise medical degrees without any accredidation whatsoever? All false promises. No MCAT? No degree? Not even pre-requisites? Doubt, that is all I feel.

i've done a couple of searches for the AMA or AAMC's response to Stewart Universities blasphemous claims. No dice. How can a school like Stewart advertise medical degrees without any accredidation whatsoever? All false promises. No MCAT? No degree? Not even pre-requisites? Doubt, that is all I feel.
I think the deal is that they are an "international school" and as such they are not subject to the same laws as REAL schools.

Are we allowed to make fun of one of the student essays for saying he grew up in a "slump?"
Besides that I also operate an online electronic business, with great returning net profit.
I wonder if Stewartmed.org is that "online electronic business.":smuggrin:

I just flew back from the interview at Stewart's.....and I'm in!!

The interview was easy. Weird, all they wanted was permission to run my credit history. After it came back good, they were all smiles. They did require a $10,000 deposit on the spot, which of course I wrote ASAP!!!

You guys are all wrong about the place, it rocks! I know, I know we're still using mobile homes and old Army tents for a classroom but we scored a warehouse for classrooms.

We're still waiting for one of the bums to die off so we can get the cadaver lab up and running.

Its coming together....

Dear Lord,
Well, at least the feds will be after them soon to shut it down: they're now trying to defraud "investors" (maybe the podiatrists will fall for it).
This position may sound dull and boring, but it is very exciting. You will call and make appointments and make brief presentations to members of the healthcare field to purchase stock in a new medical school. For this purpose, people who are physicians, nurses, podiatrists, dentists, attorneys, CPA's, and chiropractors are considered sophisticated investors and can be sold this stock without you possessing a securities license for sale of this "exempt" stock. The stock is exempt by SEC rules because the corporation is privately owned and closely held (not publicly traded and owned by less than 51 individuals or groups).
Investors are welcome to purchase more than the minimum amount, and the stock can be purchased for a group of persons/more than one individual. However, only one person's/company's name can be on the stock as the legal holder of the stock.

stalemate...such je ne sais quois

slicha, sof shavu'ah tov!

No, actually, I thought YOU'd catch the sarcasm in MY post....*sigh* SDN.:rolleyes:

:corny:

:lol::lol::lol:

Your conversation about sarcasm is so funny. Only the literal thinking of premeds can make this topic funnier. It's the best.

i just finished watching those videos...scary stuff, I can't believe this dude got sucked in so hard...but he seems like he's a smart kid, probably will match into derm or plastics....:laugh:

they've been posting their crap all over my school. ill upload a pic soon

they've been posting their crap all over my school. ill upload a pic soon

dont-let-dr-mario-touch-you_425-760029.jpg

What the HECK!?

Apparently, stewart university is listed in MCAT Thx in 'other canadian and US schools', and AAMC will send your MCAT scores to Stewart University.

What...the...****.

These guys need to be stopped.

Dear Lord,
Well, at least the feds will be after them soon to shut it down: they're now trying to defraud "investors" (maybe the podiatrists will fall for it).
This position may sound dull and boring, but it is very exciting. You will call and make appointments and make brief presentations to members of the healthcare field to purchase stock in a new medical school. For this purpose, people who are physicians, nurses, podiatrists, dentists, attorneys, CPA's, and chiropractors are considered sophisticated investors and can be sold this stock without you possessing a securities license for sale of this "exempt" stock. The stock is exempt by SEC rules because the corporation is privately owned and closely held (not publicly traded and owned by less than 51 individuals or groups).
Investors are welcome to purchase more than the minimum amount, and the stock can be purchased for a group of persons/more than one individual. However, only one person's/company's name can be on the stock as the legal holder of the stock.

I'm not clear how you know they are trying to defraud investors. The above is basically an imperfect paraphrase of the laws regarding private sales of stock -- as long as the school sticks to certain professionals and folks of significant net worth, and doesn't represent anything about the company that isn't inaccurate, they are probably fine. The last sentence above is questionable, and not something you would really want to put on paper, but as long as the listed stockholders meet the requirements, and the school is not a party to any of the side dealing, I don't think we are talking fraud per se.
Seems to me like the school is not making much in the way of claims, so they aren't really defrauding. Bad investment yes, but fraud, probably not. They don't claim any accredition, any rotations, any existing infrastructure, any success stories. They do claim some adjunct faculty, some students. Hard to say that's fraud.

I'm not clear how you know they are trying to defraud investors. The above is basically an imperfect paraphrase of the laws regarding private sales of stock -- as long as the school sticks to certain professionals and folks of significant net worth, and doesn't represent anything about the company that isn't inaccurate, they are probably fine. The last sentence above is questionable, and not something you would really want to put on paper, but as long as the listed stockholders meet the requirements, and the school is not a party to any of the side dealing, I don't think we are talking fraud per se.
Seems to me like the school is not making much in the way of claims, so they aren't really defrauding. Bad investment yes, but fraud, probably not. They don't claim any accredition, any rotations, any existing infrastructure, any success stories. They do claim some adjunct faculty, some students. Hard to say that's fraud.

In their own press releases they claim that they have over 200 incoming students (I pray that there aren't 200 students stupid enough to pay these guys). I just can't stand to see people being taken advantage of by these guys, and it also begins to cut into the integrity of physicians as a whole. Is there any governing body out there that would shut these guys down besides the better business bureau? Also, do you really believe they'd be able to demonstrate they are a non-profit? If so, why are they selling private stocks?

In their own press releases they claim that they have over 200 incoming students (I pray that there aren't 200 students stupid enough to pay these guys). I just can't stand to see people being taken advantage of by these guys, and it also begins to cut into the integrity of physicians as a whole. Is there any governing body out there that would shut these guys down besides the better business bureau? Also, do you really believe they'd be able to demonstrate they are a non-profit? If so, why are they selling private stocks?

They really cannot be both a non-profit and sell shares to investors. Until they actually sell shares, they perhaps might be. As for having 200 incoming students, I don't doubt that there are that many folks looking to attend an offshore school without leaving the states, and without having to meet any entrance requirements. Heck, if they aren't requiring an MCAT or college degree their target market is huge.

A governing body will only shut them down if they violate any laws or don't do what they say they are going to do. Nobody is going to protect people from making very bad educational choices or deals, if all the facts are on the table. There are, for instance, a ton of internet and correspondence schools where the degree is not worth what you are paying, but as long as the company provides the service you bargain for, it's totally on the up and up. Here you have a med school which indicates no accredition, no access to rotations, etc. So if they line up people and actually give them lectures on basic science for a couple of years and then say "good luck with that", who is really to blame? You know they don't have any rotations lined up at the onset.

They really cannot be both a non-profit and sell shares to investors. Until they actually sell shares, they perhaps might be. As for having 200 incoming students, I don't doubt that there are that many folks looking to attend an offshore school without leaving the states, and without having to meet any entrance requirements. Heck, if they aren't requiring an MCAT or college degree their target market is huge.

A governing body will only shut them down if they violate any laws or don't do what they say they are going to do. Nobody is going to protect people from making very bad educational choices or deals, if all the facts are on the table. There are, for instance, a ton of internet and correspondence schools where the degree is not worth what you are paying, but as long as the company provides the service you bargain for, it's totally on the up and up. Here you have a med school which indicates no accredition, no access to rotations, etc. So if they line up people and actually give them lectures on basic science for a couple of years and then say "good luck with that", who is really to blame? You know they don't have any rotations lined up at the onset.

Caveat emptor If you don't know enough to check into the accreditation of the school you are looking at attending then you deserve what you get. If getting into and graduating from med school was easy than everyone would be doing it and physicians would have to drive taxis to make the mortgage payment.

TM

I do not believe he's a student. That's an advertisement.

I do not believe he's a student. That's an advertisement.

No, he's a student. He's actually the student body president according to Stewart University's home page

this school is sweet!

No, he's a student. He's actually the student body president according to Stewart University's home page

I have a feeling he was elected by a unanimous vote of one yea and zero nays... which probably represents 100% of the student body.

Ahahah, I googled the phone # and the results are priceless:

http://news.aol.com/the-cooler-blog/2007/05/09/where-is-jayden-james-federline/

Chancellor William Stewart (11:44 PM 5/19/2007): Some of the comments here are pretty prudish. Brittany looks fine. If you see my buddy, George Clooney, please thank him for getting me into the Screen Actor's Guild, Hollywood chapter. Since working with Clooney in ER, I started a new medical school. Reach me at the school admissions line, 408-436-8595. Apply to the newest MD degree granting medical school, http://www.stewartmed.org, in California. Stewart University is accepting students to the class starting next week on provisional acceptances. The url is http://www.stewartmed.org, and the first 75 people to apply will get acceptances. The application is downloadable from the admissions page, on the 5th link down the page. This accelerated MD program is only 2 yrs and 10 months long!!

http://news.aol.com/the-cooler-blog/2007/04/30/ywtc-pamela-anderson/

Chancellor William Stewart (11:14 PM 5/19/2007): Pam is totally hot, as always. She can reach me at the school admissions line, 408-436-8595. If you want to have a partner like Pamela, then apply to the newest MD degree granting medical school, http://www.stewartmed.org, in California. Stewart University is accepting students to the class starting next week on provisional acceptances. The url is http://www.stewartmed.org, and the first 75 people to apply will get acceptances. The application is downloadable from the admissions page, on the 5th link down the page. This accelerated MD program is only 2 yrs and 10 months long!!

:lol:

General Innovations West Inc

1600 Saratoga Ave Pmb 403
San Jose, CA , 95129-5101
Phone: 408-436-8595

Products Description:

Wholesale Auto Equipment and Parts

I called their office a while back and messed with the lady on the other line. It was almost surreal, it was like she was brainwashed.