Stewart University Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love how they put their staff's nationality on their webpages. Is this even legal? LOL.

Q: Where are the clinical rotations being done? A: Clinical rotations are the least concern of a new applicant to medical school. A new medical student, just beginning their medical school basic science instruction, has 16 months in the accelerated Stewart University M.D. program, before they are eligible to take the USMLE step 1 exam. At present passing this exam is a requirement for entry into the clinical phase of the curriculum. The clinical rotations can take place in a variety of locations throughout the United States or elsewhere in the world - where the medical student desires.

Stewart University plans to associate our clinical rotations with the VA hospital system, US Military tertiary care medical facilities, foreign hospitals, and various JCAH approved hospital training programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, how do I put it nicely....Gunilla Leavitt seems to have dealt with serious difficulties in the past...yeah....:idea:

Let's face it: She's unfortunate looking.

OK, so I call and start quizzing her about random stuff and she answers directly from the website. For example:

Me: By what standard are you the best medical school?
Lady: By our standard, of course.
Me: well thats fine, maybe you should put that as a disclaimer because its misleading.
Lady: Goes off on rant about how they give people opportunities and a shot at medicine
Me: Do you have a library?
Lady: Yes, our students use the state of the art library provided by the state.
Me: So no, you don't have a library. You're referring to a public library.

She then tries to get me to send them my cash for a deposit. I "politely" decline. I try to get off the phone and she kept talking about how they are fully accredited.

Anyways the conversation was pretty long but thats all I remember.

" If you want a girl like Pamela, become an M.D. at Stewart University."

I am going to use this line at my next interview.

Dean Wolfi: So why UCSF?
Me: I want a girl like Pamela.

:laugh::laugh:

38.jpg

Oh Snap!!!

She's the COO of the school. They could at least attemp to post professional pictures for their staff.

Officers
AubreeGuancione.jpg

Chief Operations Officer

I like how they have 4 staff members - the registrar, the chancellor's son, the webmistress, and the ... janitor.

She's quite the character.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I try to get off the phone and she kept talking about how they are fully accredited.
I thought they weren't accredited anywhere and talked about how it's totally redundant.

I love the "youth picture" of the Chancellor's son.

Wait...wait....wait *trying to catch breath**

You didn't mention that her wedding cake also had a cow and the word "MOO" on it!!!!!

26.jpg

I wanna hear the story behind this. I bet its good.

You didn't mention that her wedding cake also had a cow and the word "MOO" on it!!!!!

26.jpg

Well, then I'd have to mention the dried peaches, candied pineapple on a lovely tinfoil doily. In France they call it 'a la Reynolds'.

So let me get this straight W.B. Stewart III is the chancellor (and founder), W.B. Stewart II is the provost, and W.B. Stewart I is the provost emeritus.

Shouldn't the chancellor's grandfather be dead by now?

So let me get this straight W.B. Stewart III is the chancellor (and founder), W.B. Stewart II is the provost, and W.B. Stewart I is the provost emeritus.

Shouldn't the chancellor's grandfather be dead by now?
I guess that's why he's emeritus!

I think "professor emeritus" means a prof who no longer teaches (retired), doesn't it?

Ok, for the rest of the day change your avatar to one of the Stewart Faculty.

It's the Annual Stewart Med Day.

I guess that's why he's emeritus!

I think "professor emeritus" means a prof who no longer teaches (retired), doesn't it?

Yes, that is what it means - but this "school" was JUST founded...

26.jpg

The groom a 'character' as well:

http://www.thomasleavitt.org/personal/blog/

An Activist's Life, by Thomas Leavitt
The personal weblog of an activist polymath.

The blog of a Santa Cruz, CA area progressive Green bi/queer activist tech geek.

---

Anyone who takes pains to refer to themself as a 'polymath', isn't.

EDIT: and Mason ...

thomas-mason.jpg

At least they have pee splash guards.

OK, so I call and start quizzing her about random stuff and she answers directly from the website. For example:

Me: By what standard are you the best medical school?
Lady: By our standard, of course.
Me: well thats fine, maybe you should put that as a disclaimer because its misleading.
Lady: Goes off on rant about how they give people opportunities and a shot at medicine
Me: Do you have a library?
Lady: Yes, our students use the state of the art library provided by the state.
Me: So no, you don't have a library. You're referring to a public library.

She then tries to get me to send them my cash for a deposit. I "politely" decline. I try to get off the phone and she kept talking about how they are fully accredited.

Anyways the conversation was pretty long but thats all I remember.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not right here. Does their number really work? :eek:

Hey guys! That's me in my avatar!:hardy:

I think we should make SDN create a new subforum for Stewart University, so that all of us staff members at Stewart could discuss our future together in a safe place.:thumbup:

I think we should make SDN create a new subforum for Stewart University, so that all of us staff members at Stewart could discuss our future together in a safe place.:thumbup:

I'm with you. But first, let's get Pamela Anderson in on this.

I'm with you. But first, let's get Pamela Anderson in on this.
Actually, my avatar IS Pamela Anderson - after completing the rigorous accelerated curriculum at Stewart University.

I'm changing my signature to reflect my acceptance to Stewart U!

SU C/O 2010!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'm changing my signature to reflect my acceptance to Stewart U!

SU C/O 2010!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

There's an unfortunate side effect to all this. I think I'm starting to associate Gunilla's picture with Jochi. :(

Oh man - I can't stop laughing/crying long enough to type.

Calm down, Pickles (or should I say Aubree??)

The really hysterical thing for me is, that my family calls my mother "moo" as well. (Seriously, I call her "moo-my" and she has asked that all her grandkids call her "Grammy moo") But I swear I'm not related to Jochi!

But, if we're going to have a staff meeting I'm going to need to slip into something more comfortable~! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

oh, come on, guys, I think this is all a big prank, probably started by a bunch of really bored pre-meds with website building skills. I mean their staff look like characters from a TV show, and all their "faculty" and "administration" look like random pics stoled from different places on the internet

There's an unfortunate side effect to all this. I think I'm starting to associate Gunilla's picture with Jochi. :(
I can't wait till some newbie comments on my stunning good looks after I say smth s/he dislikes.:smuggrin:

oh, come on, guys, I think this is all a big prank, probably started by a bunch of really bored pre-meds with website building skills. I mean their staff look like characters from a TV show, and all their "faculty" and "administration" look like random pics stoled from different places on the internet

Yea, but they had a secretary and a functioning phone number. No one is bored enough to man the lines for this long.

Man someone needs to call them up and record the conversation. Anyone have a skype phone number?

Yea, but they had a secretary and a functioning phone number. No one is bored enough to man the lines for this long.

well, ok, let me qualify my assertion, it's a prank started by a bunch of bored, computer savvy, pre-meds with LOTS OF DISPOSABLE INCOME:D:D:D

I can't wait till some newbie comments on my stunning good looks after I say smth s/he dislikes.:smuggrin:

You should troll the boards for awhile and pick a fight wherever you can. Report back when you have some really good insults :)

You should troll the boards for awhile and pick a fight wherever you can. Report back when you have some really good insults :)

We should all patrol the boards recruiting folks to Stewie U. If they object, we'll insist that we're accredited until we double our post count.