Still haven't submitted Pharmcas/transcripts/LOR's

OSURxgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2004
    Most schools use a "rolling admissions" policy, meaning they interview and accept candidates that they want as their applications come in. For this reason, it is always an advantage to apply early.

I don't know what is holding you back, but I would definitely get all of your stuff in ASAP if this is important to you. Even after you get your stuff in, it always takes awhile to process, etc. With such competition out there for spots, I would not want to play with fire like this.

Good luck to you.

beccala33

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 28, 2005
    1. Pre-Pharmacy
      ethyl said:
      Who else is in the same boat as me? :oops:

My main focus is UF so February 1st is my deadline... but seeing all these other threads with people getting already accepted is making me nervous. :scared:
      I am in the same boat. I haven't even completed my application yet, is that bad??? I had no idea that people were already getting accepted, I just took my pcat for the first time last weekend! Does anyone know if this is going to affect my chances to get in?

About the Ads

aya01

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      May 23, 2005
        beccala33 said:
        I am in the same boat. I haven't even completed my application yet, is that bad??? I had no idea that people were already getting accepted, I just took my pcat for the first time last weekend! Does anyone know if this is going to affect my chances to get in?

The main advantage to applying early typically only applies to those schools which have rolling admissions as OSURxgirl mentioned. Otherwise, you shouldn't be at a significant disadvantage compared to those who applied early. If you can, however, try to submit your application and required components as soon as you are able to do so. Definitely don't wait until the last minute! :thumbup:

TMVegas

SDN Angel
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 4, 2005
          I'm there with you. My goal is to submit PharmCAS this weekend. I already turned in my transcripts and LOR's. I knew I would be late taking the PCAT, so I picked schools that interview in the spring.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
          Moderator Emeritus
          10+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Mar 18, 2004
          Squint your eyes and look closer.
          1. Pharmacist
            Not sure why you're waiting to submit...

If you search the forum (well, once the function becomes available, but that's beside the point...) you'll find my advice and the advice of others telling pre-pharms to apply in the summer, especially to schools with rolling admissions. By this time last year, I had been to one interview and had two more on the way. I, too, received word of my acceptance before the fall semester ended.

UF may be totally different, but I'd rather have the relief of having everything already submitted. It's just one less hassle, and it shows them that you are on top of things and you don't wait until the last minute.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            May 17, 2004
            Illinois
            1. Pharmacy Student
              FutureRxGal said:
              By this time last year, I had been to one interview and had two more on the way. I, too, received word of my acceptance before the fall semester ended.

That's crazy! My first choice school does not even contact serious candidates until February. That's so scary to wait that long. What if they don't want me? It'll be too late to apply anywhere else.

Smilescali

Almost there...
              10+ Year Member
              7+ Year Member
              May 21, 2004
              Beach Land
              1. Pharmacist
                freshbeatschris said:
                That's crazy! My first choice school does not even contact serious candidates until February. That's so scary to wait that long. What if they don't want me? It'll be too late to apply anywhere else.

Can you apply anywhere else as a backup? What is your first choice school? I thought my first choice school was bad because they don't start interviewing until late January. I know how frustrated you must be. :scared:

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
                10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                May 17, 2004
                Illinois
                1. Pharmacy Student
                  Smilescali said:
                  Can you apply anywhere else as a backup? What is your first choice school? I thought my first choice school was bad because they don't start interviewing until late January. I know how frustrated you must be. :scared:

UIC is my first choice. Midwestern is my 2nd, but I really just want UIC.

megrxgirl

megrxgirl
                  10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Aug 29, 2005
                  alabama
                  1. Pre-Pharmacy
                    GATOR Girl said:
                    I havn't submitted my applications yet either. I've been so busy, and I just took the PCAT on the 22nd. I'm going to submit tomorrow. Does anyone think this will hurt my chances?

Dont worry about that right now just HURRY up and get it submitted. :)

Is the school that you are applying to on rolling admissions?

megrxgirl

megrxgirl
                    10+ Year Member
                    5+ Year Member
                    Aug 29, 2005
                    alabama
                    1. Pre-Pharmacy
                      GATOR Girl said:
                      NOVA is on rolling admissions, but UF is not! I want to go UF since I'm already a UF student.

I am also applying to Nova. You should really hurry though, It takes up to a month for Pharmcas to calculate your gpa and send it to your schools then Nova has to send you a supplemental app. then you have to send it back so the whole process can take a couple of months.

GATOR Girl

Jenny
                      10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      Oct 30, 2005
                      Gainesville, FL
                      1. Pre-Pharmacy
                        megrxgirl said:
                        I am also applying to Nova. You should really hurry though, It takes up to a month for Pharmcas to calculate your gpa and send it to your schools then Nova has to send you a supplemental app. then you have to send it back so the whole process can take a couple of months.

Have you gotten received and invitation to NOVA for an interview yet? That's cool that you're applying to NOVA. It's such a beautiful school, and the people are very nice! I was put on the alternate list last year. I was gone for the summer, and when I returned I found an email of invitation from NOVA if I was still interested. By then it was too late :( Are you applying to UF as well? Hope to see you at NOVA :thumbup:

megrxgirl

megrxgirl
                        10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Aug 29, 2005
                        alabama
                        1. Pre-Pharmacy
                          GATOR Girl said:
                          Have you gotten received and invitation to NOVA for an interview yet? That's cool that you're applying to NOVA. It's such a beautiful school, and the people are very nice! I was put on the alternate list last year. I was gone for the summer, and when I returned I found an email of invitation from NOVA if I was still interested. By then it was too late :( Are you applying to UF as well? Hope to see you at NOVA :thumbup:

No I havent received an interview invite yet. I am still waiting on 1 letter of reference. But other than that my application is complete.

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.