Still waiting. Have you heard from..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kitkat06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting for responses from pharmacy schools? I feel like I am the only one on this site sometime?

Anyway, any word from UIC? University of Washington? VCU? Any replies from WVU and University at Buffalo for out-of-state applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting too! It's frustrating! I still have to hear from VCU, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Wilkes, Mercer, Shenandoah, Howard, LECOM (PA), LIU, Pittsburgh, Soutch Carolina, and Midwestern CCP. I'm out-of-state for all of those. :eek:

Is anyone still waiting for responses from pharmacy schools? I feel like I am the only one on this site sometime?

Anyway, any word from UIC? University of Washington? VCU? Any replies from WVU and University at Buffalo for out-of-state applicants?

Why dont you call them or email them to check on your status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Me and My empty mail box everyday dance together :D

i am waiting to hear back from shenandoah and howard. My friend had an interview at shenandoah last week but i wasn't invited. makes me sad:(

Hi KitKat06. I am still waiting from Buffalo too! I was at first round interviews to every other school I applied to, and I got in to all of them, so I don't know what Buffalo's deal is. I have been calling them many times (almost harassing :rolleyes: ...especially since I submitted my app in August). The only bit of information I got was my application was put on hold (this was calling after numerous times and pulling teeth). I was told they could not tell me when I would hear. Good luck!

can u imagine having to wait after all the money spent. Anyways still waiting for Pittsburgh, Rutgers, buffalo, VCU, ETSU, UIC (the last four schools mayb due to the fact they were to wait for the Jan PCAT since i didnt do well in OCT

I'm still waiting too! It's frustrating! I still have to hear from VCU, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Wilkes, Mercer, Shenandoah, Howard, LECOM (PA), LIU, Pittsburgh, Soutch Carolina, and Midwestern CCP. I'm out-of-state for all of those. :eek:

Fathom,
don't ever lose hope, okay.

Fathom,
don't ever lose hope, okay.

Thanks! :) It's hard, but I'm not going to lose hope. I've had 3 interviews so far and 1 this friday, but I just want to hear from the rest haha.

I heard from University of Washington today and my interview is next Friday!! I am soooo nervous.

whats stinks is that I need to make a deposit on either VCU or shenandoah, while I am waiting to hear from other schools which I would much rather go to (primarily UB--and maybe Rutgers) ...

hey tigger7222, how did UW contact you? Via email? phone? snail-mail? Also when did you submit your applications? Did you get any notification from UW prior to your interview invite?

whats stinks is that I need to make a deposit on either VCU or shenandoah, while I am waiting to hear from other schools which I would much rather go to (primarily UB--and maybe Rutgers) ...

Please choose Shenendoah.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey tigger7222, how did UW contact you? Via email? phone? snail-mail? Also when did you submit your applications? Did you get any notification from UW prior to your interview invite?

UW contacted me by leaving a message on my phone today. I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental the week of January 1st. I got 2 notifications via email--On 2/8 I got an email saying that they received all my application materials and on 2/9 I got an email saying that my application was in the process of review. When did you submit your apps and have you received the email notifications? I'm sure they will be contacting you soon. I know that when I emailed them a couple of weeks ago they said they had a lot of applications to review and to be patient. I go to UW so maybe that is why I was contacted before you. Good luck with everything!

no, I haven't received any email notifications :( *feeling really down now...* :( :( :(

UW contacted me by leaving a message on my phone today. I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental the week of January 1st. I got 2 notifications via email--On 2/8 I got an email saying that they received all my application materials and on 2/9 I got an email saying that my application was in the process of review. When did you submit your apps and have you received the email notifications? I'm sure they will be contacting you soon. I know that when I emailed them a couple of weeks ago they said they had a lot of applications to review and to be patient. I go to UW so maybe that is why I was contacted before you. Good luck with everything!
Since you attend UW, would you know where the admission committee is at in its interview rounds? 1st, 2nd, etc, or getting the last recruits?

^^When did you submit your application?

I have no idea where they are in interview rounds.

Please choose Shenendoah.

well right now thats the direction i'm leaning in -- VCU does have a great program and wonderful school, but shenandoah will give me a little bit more time to make a decision ...

Hi KitKat06. I am still waiting from Buffalo too! I was at first round interviews to every other school I applied to, and I got in to all of them, so I don't know what Buffalo's deal is. I have been calling them many times (almost harassing :rolleyes: ...especially since I submitted my app in August). The only bit of information I got was my application was put on hold (this was calling after numerous times and pulling teeth). I was told they could not tell me when I would hear. Good luck!

Im currently a student at Buffalo. I know that they accept their pre-pharmacy students first. if they still have some spots left, then they consider transfer applicants. They dont care that much about PCAT score as long as you get at least 60% on EVERY section. Your over GPA is more important and if u have a BS?BA, then its a plus.
Good luck:)

Hey penguins429, congrats on getting accepted to VCU. When did you interview at VCU? How long from when you interviewed did you hear from them?

I got your email and understand your situation. Buffalo does not have a fixed quota of how many pre-pharm students they accept each year. They accept their own pre-pharm students who maintain a GPA of ONLY 3.5 into the program first (of course, those students have to undergo interviews too, but its not very tough for them since the school gives priority to their own students first, stupid huh?). As far as I know, its not very hard to maintain a GPA of 3.5 for prepharmcy courses at Buffalo. Pharmacy at buffalo is well known, but the whether here in buffalo is suck! so if you dont get in, dont feel frustrated! with your GPA and BS, I think you have many other better choices. Hope this helps;)
P/S: almost 80% of students who got accepted to Buffalo last year were pre-pharm students at buffalo

I got your email and understand your situation. Buffalo does not have a fixed quota of how many pre-pharm students they accept each year. They accept their own pre-pharm students who maintain a GPA of ONLY 3.5 into the program first (of course, those students have to undergo interviews too, but its not very tough for them since the school gives priority to their own students first, stupid huh?). As far as I know, its not very hard to maintain a GPA of 3.5 for prepharmcy courses at Buffalo. Pharmacy at buffalo is well known, but the whether here in buffalo is suck! so if you dont get in, dont feel frustrated! with your GPA and BS, I think you have many other better choices. Hope this helps;)
P/S: almost 80% of students who got accepted to Buffalo last year were pre-pharm students at buffalo
:
Thanks pharmdonboard :)