Program-Specific Info / Q's Stony Brook interview 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That gives me so much hope!!!!!! Does that mean they're going to accept people without an interview?
No they will not admit without an interview :/
Hey guys. Does anyone know if people have heard waitlist/rejections? I interviewed in January and still have not heard anything yet. I even tried emailing twice and got no response. Is anyone else having this problem?
They don't have the staff right now to answer a lot of emails. I interviewed in January as well. They are still reviewing people they had for interviews, see my post.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Anyone hear anything from Stony? Any emails or letters of acceptances yet? Still waiting on my letter haha
Are they waiting for responses from everyone before they start sending out the letters? I know they're a bit understaffed, but I was told that the letters were sent out the week after I got the call

Hey guys! Anyone hear anything from Stony? Any emails or letters of acceptances yet? Still waiting on my letter haha
Are they waiting for responses from everyone before they start sending out the letters? I know they're a bit understaffed, but I was told that the letters were sent out the week after I got the call
I called Dean Mendelson yesterday and she said emails would be coming out soon, but didn't give any specifics on when

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called Dean Mendelson yesterday and she said emails would be coming out soon, but didn't give any specifics on when
Awesome! I didn't want to call and ask again since I've already done it twice, but I don't want to take the risk that I missed the email and lost my spot because of it! lol

Awesome! I didn't want to call and ask again since I've already done it twice, but I don't want to take the risk that I missed the email and lost my spot because of it! lol
Completely understand! I'll post when I get mine so you know if you should worry lol

I received the official email today:

Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the Occupational Therapy program for the Summer 2016 term. The attached file is your official letter of offer from the Dean which contains important information.

Reactions: 2 users
I got mine just now too! Very exciting :)

Reactions: 1 users
Completely understand! I'll post when I get mine so you know if you should worry lol
Haha, right when you asked it came 2 days later :happy: Just got mine yesterday afternoon! Congrats everyone!

Is anyone who's going to the Stony Brook campus planning on living on campus or renting something close by?

Anyone else receive an email about being placed on the alternate list? I wonder what my chances are. Stony Brook is my first choice, so I'm thankful to still have the opportunity to attend.

I just got pulled off the waitlist today for Southampton! There is hope everybody :) Hang in there!!

I just got pulled off the waitlist today for Southampton! There is hope everybody :) Hang in there!!

Congrats! When were you were informed of being placed on the wait list? And did you reply back(either by phone or email)? I replied to the email and didn't get anything back, so I'm concerned that maybe I should've called

Last edited:
Congrats! When were you were informed of being placed on the wait list? And did you reply back(either by phone or email)? I replied to the email and didn't get anything back, so I'm concerned that maybe I should've called
Dr. Rodriguez called me and she said I could call her back with my decision. :)

Just got a call from Dr. Rodriguez and I have been accepted to the Southampton campus!!! I can't wait to meet all my future classmates!

Reactions: 2 users