Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well... I go here... my friend just got accepted last week, and we're going to the revisit on Friday. So I doubt there are anymore acceptances going out since there's no time for a revisit invite anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

No more acceptances because the revisit is soon?

I doubt it -- if the revisit is end of April, and it's taking 6-forever weeks to hear back, they ought to have stopped interviewing mid-February. Which they didn't. It just means that people accepted after the revisit...don't get to go. They're offering one so that you can revisit before May 15th (the more competitive students that heard back months ago are the ones they're trying to reach), but that shouldn't mean they're done accepting. By that logic, they ought to have the revisit after they're done working through the WL as well.

well ive heard the same thing from a couple of people, and their interview sessions stopped a couple of weeks back, im pretty sure their last adcom already met.. i think their prob just gunna wait list now... ive heard their waitlist moves quick though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope it isnt true.

I interviewed over 3.5 months ago, and have heard absolutely nothing. If they did not want the people who havent been reviewed then why not just reject or waitlist them. In my opinion there still giving out a few more and the reason some of us havent heard is that theres more of us un-reviewed folk then there are seats. Either way, 3.5 months of waiting and I have nothing to show for it, not even a waitlist.

I hope it isnt true.

I interviewed over 3.5 months ago, and have heard absolutely nothing. If they did not want the people who havent been reviewed then why not just reject or waitlist them. In my opinion there still giving out a few more and the reason some of us havent heard is that theres more of us un-reviewed folk then there are seats. Either way, 3.5 months of waiting and I have nothing to show for it, not even a waitlist.

Your story (and I'm sorry to hear they still haven't let you know) proves that they're still reviewing. They don't just sit on a file without making any post-interview decision. Even if they take months to get it out. And, hey, I still think it's a good thing: if it was rejection, they would have done it already. You're closer to an acceptance than those of us on the WL.

Your story (and I'm sorry to hear they still haven't let you know) proves that they're still reviewing. They don't just sit on a file without making any post-interview decision. Even if they take months to get it out. And, hey, I still think it's a good thing: if it was rejection, they would have done it already. You're closer to an acceptance than those of us on the WL.
I hope your right :), meanwhile I wait. I figure if I havent heard its better then hearing bad news. Maybe patience will pay off.

I hope your right :), meanwhile I wait. I figure if I havent heard its better then hearing bad news. Maybe patience will pay off.
I sent an email asking them my status because it was 7 weeks post interviewand they said we should hear in 6. I received the wait list email 2 hours later. Coincidence or did my email remind them to actually contact me??

Seems like coincidence, I have contacted them alot of times and I interviewed 15 weeks (that number seems so daunting) ago and have gotten no such email right after talking to them. I still, for some insane reason, remain optimistic that for whatever reason Ill get in and not be put on the waitlist.

Maybe since waitlists apparently went out yesterday the last handful of acceptances will show up today.

Still nothing here...no rejection e-mail, no waitlist e-mail, no DHL package...these SDN rumors are driving me nuts lol.

And in the buffalo thread some people claimed you could check your status and know in a day or so but mine doesn't even show that I was invited for an interview, lol. I just want to be acceeeptteedddd arrghhH!!!

I've called a few times myself as I was interviewed in early december and have yet to hear anything!! They keep telling me my application is still in review?!? At first I thought that was good because they weren't rejecting me or putting me on the wait list, but now I just have no idea and they really aren't giving me much information as to what it means..tryin to stay optimistic tho!

Ive called a couple of times as well, I interviewed back in Jan. I dont know what to think. It maybe a good thing, or not. Either way Stony right now is not only my top choice but might be my only choice. :(

Yea i honestly am not sure what to think. But I hope it works out for you and I will post an update if anything changes good or bad!! I don't think they can hold us in this limbo for much longer tho. Good Luck!!

Yea i honestly am not sure what to think. But I hope it works out for you and I will post an update if anything changes good or bad!! I don't think they can hold us in this limbo for much longer tho. Good Luck!!

Ill keep you updated as well. Anyone else not heard back from Stony for awhile?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill keep you updated as well. Anyone else not heard back from Stony for awhile?

I still haven't heard (or I would have posted something), and I know how you feel about it being one of your only hopes. If it weren't for the fact that I got that last minute Buffalo interview and waitlist I'd probably be panicking right now (I got the Buffalo interview the day of my Stony Brook interview, like right after I had finished interviewing they sent an e-mail inviting me up).

Funny how Buffalo managed to decide so much quicker...I really hate how slow Stony Brook is.

Any news Cirrus? Has anyone called in lately?

called yesterday and was told my application is still under review. I asked if there was anyone I could speak with that would be able to tell me what that means and she said there's a whole group of people that are in the same category and that they sometimes give up acceptances right until classes start. But they are seriously hard to figure out there..i feel like i never get a straight answer!!

Are they allowed to hold apps un-reviewed past the 15th? I didnt think that was allowed. I got that same answer when I called, but it didnt really answer my question. I think next time I call I will ask if it is possible to get an acceptance between now and the 15th ( assuming the 15th is when they have to let us know)

All you guys seriously haven't heard back post-interview yet??? That is a crime to keep you waiting all this time. I was getting anxious about hearing back after 7 weeks post-interview to find I am on the wait list. Something sounds fishy. How could it take them this long to decide on your apps? I'm sure you all have been throwing ideas around about what this late response means about your status. I'm thinkin you are borderline getting accepted and maybe they are waiting to see if some people turn down their acceptances. So instead of putting you on the wait list, they are just waiting to straight up accept you. Just a thought. I would be going crazy if I was in your shoes. Well good luck...

All you guys seriously haven't heard back post-interview yet??? That is a crime to keep you waiting all this time. I was getting anxious about hearing back after 7 weeks post-interview to find I am on the wait list. Something sounds fishy. How could it take them this long to decide on your apps? I'm sure you all have been throwing ideas around about what this late response means about your status. I'm thinkin you are borderline getting accepted and maybe they are waiting to see if some people turn down their acceptances. So instead of putting you on the wait list, they are just waiting to straight up accept you. Just a thought. I would be going crazy if I was in your shoes. Well good luck...

My theory was the same, but that just maybe me trying to be optimistic. I just feel after holding my app for 4 months and not coming to a conclusions means that I probably am borderline, if I werent they would have gotten rid of me by now right? If that is the case all of us decision-less folks maybe in a better position then we may think. On top of that Stony Brook was one of my top choices, and now has crept up to be my top choice for the most part.
Im just sick of this waiting, its driving me crazy. As long as this 4 month wait ends up in an acceptance soon Ill be happy. I dont know what I would do if they waitlist me after this exhaustively long wait.

Yea i've been on the waitlist since mid January...the wait is annoying but im hoping to see some movement once ppl decide which schools theyre going to go to...right now it looks like buffalo for me unless stony can get a decision made

My theory was the same, but that just maybe me trying to be optimistic. I just feel after holding my app for 4 months and not coming to a conclusions means that I probably am borderline, if I werent they would have gotten rid of me by now right? If that is the case all of us decision-less folks maybe in a better position then we may think. On top of that Stony Brook was one of my top choices, and now has crept up to be my top choice for the most part.
Im just sick of this waiting, its driving me crazy. As long as this 4 month wait ends up in an acceptance soon Ill be happy. I dont know what I would do if they waitlist me after this exhaustively long wait.

I have been waiting for 6 months. :eek: :eek:
I hate to say, but started to think they already rejected me but don't tell me so until the last minute....(yes, it's almost crime!) :thumbdown:

I dont understand this wait either :(

If I were you guys, (and still wanted to go to SB), I'd write them a letter telling them that I was still v. interested in the school, and then call to see if they got it, and ask about my status. :luck:

I had an interview that went pretty terribly on January 26, and have heard nothing. Called today and was told that my application was still under review.

Well, I cant believe that me and some others still havent heard post interview. I would def attend if accepted, but I cant understand why no decision has been made post interview for some of us. I dont even no what this means, or if I even have a chance, but this is starting to get quite annoying. We payed the secondary fee, shouldn't we hear something?

yeah I interviewed jan 4th (!!!) and didn't hear a word. I know this has happened to people last year and the year before, though. Does anyone know what happened to them?

yeah I interviewed jan 4th (!!!) and didn't hear a word. I know this has happened to people last year and the year before, though. Does anyone know what happened to them?

Yea, what did happen to them?

I read on the Stonybrook website that if you are out of state you can change your residency to NY before starting MS1 so that you pay instate tuition. Does anyone know if this is true and if they actually carry this out? Seems abit suspicious because you'd think they'd want more money from students...

I called today and they said that they sent me something today, what that something is time will tell.

I read on the Stonybrook website that if you are out of state you can change your residency to NY before starting MS1 so that you pay instate tuition. Does anyone know if this is true and if they actually carry this out? Seems abit suspicious because you'd think they'd want more money from students...

I called them today and they said there is no way out of paying the first year OOS if you are OOS. You can switch residencies after your first year, where you collect documents that are necessary for a New York Residency.

FYI.

I called today and they said that they sent me something today, what that something is time will tell.

ooo that sounds like good news, cuz I just got waitlisted today... email. so if u didn't get an email it has to be... well, not a waitlist.
Good luck!!!!:luck:

If they phrased it in such a way than it sounds like it's bigger than a plain letter, more like a package. :) Let us know what you get!
Any news on the waitlist movement ( I am one of those on the waitlist)?

Got an email today after being in review since January (interviewed in December) that said I was placed on the wait list. I'm going to call this week to see if I can get any more info which I doubt, but most likely I will be withdrawing my place on the wait list, because I'm about to sign a lease for my apartment in Syracuse.

Got an email today after being in review since January (interviewed in December) that said I was placed on the wait list. I'm going to call this week to see if I can get any more info which I doubt, but most likely I will be withdrawing my place on the wait list, because I'm about to sign a lease for my apartment in Syracuse.

Let us know what they tell you.
I wonder if there is a way to find out where on the waitlist we are.

did the email say something like, "we know you are holding an acceptance at another medical school, so if you're still interested in SB email us back?" I'm just wondering if the dean actually looked up where we already got accepted.

Well I didn't get any e-mails or anything...this is insane that so many of us still haven't heard from SB...they really ought not to give us that whole "4 weeks" timeline if they're going to drag it out this long. I mean I'd understand if they said 4 and it was 5 or 6, but this isn't even close.

Well I didn't get any e-mails or anything...this is insane that so many of us still haven't heard from SB...they really ought not to give us that whole "4 weeks" timeline if they're going to drag it out this long. I mean I'd understand if they said 4 and it was 5 or 6, but this isn't even close.

yeah, i'm so sorry, this totally sucks. How many of you guys still haven't heard?

I've been on the waitlist since winter time. Got an email asking me to call this morning at around 10AM. Called and they told me that I was accepted. Will be attending =) G'luck to all those that are waiting!

I just called the admissions office, and they said that the committee will reach a decision on my app sometime in the next two weeks.

i haven't heard anything from them since my interview in january, by the way

Any News for those who havent heard post interview?

we should prob hear in the next 2-3 weeks

Any News for those who havent heard post interview?

Today I got a delightful thin envelope with a rejection in it, so I guess they finally got around to sending those out...

Wish they had just sent the e-mail like they had said they would.

Today I got a delightful thin envelope with a rejection in it, so I guess they finally got around to sending those out...

Wish they had just sent the e-mail like they had said they would.

so sorry cirrus, I know how much you wanted to go.:( Have you been accepted other places?

so sorry cirrus, I know how much you wanted to go.:( Have you been accepted other places?

=( Not yet.

To add insult to injury, I got another piece of mail from Stony Brook today...apparently they put all our social security #'s and personal info on a publically accessible webpage, and google had cached it...

Good times.

=( Not yet.

To add insult to injury, I got another piece of mail from Stony Brook today...apparently they put all our social security #'s and personal info on a publically accessible webpage, and google had cached it...

Good times.

Hmmm I wonder if this was just with some of the applicants or everyone or what. I haven't recieved any such e-mail but i'm a little nervous about such information being available (obviously)

i got a phone call today and was accepted off the waitlist!! so excited!! good luck guys!!

oh...and it was on my birthday..while on vacation in miami!! nicee~!

Hmmm I wonder if this was just with some of the applicants or everyone or what. I haven't recieved any such e-mail but i'm a little nervous about such information being available (obviously)

I got a real letter in the mail but they also put up a website...I think it's www.stonybrook.edu/disclosure