Strange Advertising

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have this pen. Someone gave it to me as a going away present. The flashing LED mulit-colored light is cool, but I don't get the pants thing that floats at the top (it also flashes colors too, because the LED light is below the pants). Seriously... what do pants on a clothes line have to do with incontinence?

6cb7_1.JPG

Have you ever noticed any kind of strange drug advertising?

Members don't see this ad.

They probably have something to do with the way it was advertised. The company was trying to build an association between their product and clothes on the line. Not sure why though.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I was a guy, I'd be scared to death to use this product. It looks like you're getting drilled and not the other way around. :oops: (Caverject)

1f3e_1.JPG

And what does this have to do with diabetes? Is that a pancreas or something? (Actos)

1dc1_1.JPG

I have this pen. Someone gave it to me as a going away present. The flashing LED mulit-colored light is cool, but I don't get the pants thing that floats at the top (it also flashes colors too, because the LED light is below the pants). Seriously... what do pants on a clothes line have to do with incontinence?

Simple. People with certain types of incontinence wet their pants on occasion, then have to wash them and string them up on a clothesline.

Simple. People with certain types of incontinence wet their pants on occasion, then have to wash them and string them up on a clothesline.
True, but shouldn't Vesicare prevent people from having to wash more urine-soiled pants?

Someone will know the answer. Maybe Youtube has a video.

True, but shouldn't Vesicare prevent people from having to wash more urine-soiled pants?

Someone will know the answer. Maybe Youtube has a video.

It symbolizes clean pants. That Vesicare will keep them clean. That's my take on it...

I just found out the other day that the 'butterfly' from the Lunesta commercials is actually a LUNAR moth, (for all you entomology buffs out there.)

The Actos toy is skeletal muscle, I think. This could be b/c pioglitazone works to decrease peripheral insulin resistance in places like skeletal muscle (it binds to the PPAR-gamma receptor to enhance insulin sensitivity).

I've gotten a TON of pharmacy schwag. The most recent weird one was a squishy stress ball from Ocean Saline drops that was a foot. I picked it up to match my Ocean nose. I still can't quite figure out why they were giving away feet for something you spray in your nostrils, but maybe it was b/c of the old joke "You're built upside down: Your feet smell and your nose runs."

I have a Prilosec OTC fan. When you turn it on, the fan has an led which more or less says buy Prilosec to beat GERD. In plain view, I can see my Zelnorm pen next to my Walgreens pen. Connected to my computer is my Equetro USB hub. I also have my Purdue Pharma calender.

I have a Prilosec OTC fan. When you turn it on, the fan has an led which more or less says buy Prilosec to beat GERD. In plain view, I can see my Zelnorm pen next to my Walgreens pen. Connected to my computer is my Equetro USB hub. I also have my Purdue Pharma calender.

..next to the Lipitor plasma screen which is next to the limited edition Ambien CR Xbox 360. Didn't you know they have CE on Xbox 360 games now?? :D

..next to the Lipitor plasma screen which is next to the limited edition Ambien CR Xbox 360. Didn't you know they have CE on Xbox 360 games now?? :D
Sigh, no. It's next to my Bystolic bag which has my Pegasys antibacterial hand gel in it.

I got a Lantus cookie jar the other day...well, it looks like one of those things a barber keeps his combs in with that bactericidal juice, but I keep candy in it. Kind of ironic, huh?

Oh, I forgot about my current favorite freebie - the Novolog cheetah (maybe b/c it acts fast?). The toy is thick plastic and is filled with water and little miniature novolog pens (the close-up I took is blurry). The rep told me that it's a wrist rest for your mouse, but I just keep it on my desk and squish it occasionally.

novologcat.jpg

novologcloseup.jpg

I usually just pick up toys for the kids and the nice pens. Got my Keppra Golden Retriever and the Anda panda. The mucinex mucus man is funny cuz my daughter loves it, but doesn't know what it is.:smuggrin: I got a couple MP3 players from ASHP, and a couple wireless mice from AMCP, but really, most of the other stuff is just clutter. How many bags with drug names on them does one really need?

haha funny, i was digging in the back looking for some band aids and i found our mucinex mucous man. hahahah