Study Abroad WES eval

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CechYourself

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK,

This is incredibly frustrating. I went to an undergraduate school in the states where I took one semester and studied abroad. These three classes counted on my transcript simply as "TR" credits. When I applied to AMCAS, they never need a transcript from my study abroad. Now that I'm applying to AACOMAS, they're requiring a WES eval.

I ask AACOMAS what exactly I would put for "degree" since it was non-degree seeking, but there's no option on WES for that, and they say "bachelor's degree." I select that and now it's requiring proof of my bachelor's degree...from where? Australia?

I'm searching online for this and nothing is answering my question. AACOMAS hasn't been any help because I won't get verified until I have a WES eval.

What do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

For my study abroad (in Australia) I:
-Entered the university and program as 'no degree earned' (I'm not sure exactly what the options were in the pulldown list)
-Got the AACOMAS transcript form and the WES request (via AACOMAS), uploaded these documents to the Australian University, who then directed the transcripts to WES, and WES sent the evaluation to AACOMAS (per the their form).

Definitely do this ASAP, since it does take several weeks to process at WES once they get a transcript from abroad (which takes a week or so itself). It's sort of ridiculous since they require the evaluation but will not allow you to list the coursework for my particular type of study abroad, so I spent more money with no benefit. It's required though, and they seemed very firm about it when I called/emailed earlier this year.

For my study abroad (in Australia) I:
-Entered the university and program as 'no degree earned' (I'm not sure exactly what the options were in the pulldown list)
-Got the AACOMAS transcript form and the WES request (via AACOMAS), uploaded these documents to the Australian University, who then directed the transcripts to WES, and WES sent the evaluation to AACOMAS (per the their form).
"No degree earned" under degree type in the WES eval? If so, I didnt see that option. Only option was "Didnt graduate" which was under the year you graduated.

I appreciate the reply. This is so useless in the big picture and I want to get it done ASAP but I cant even find an answer.

"No degree earned" under degree type in the WES eval? If so, I didnt see that option. Only option was "Didnt graduate" which was under the year you graduated.

I appreciate the reply. This is so useless in the big picture and I want to get it done ASAP but I cant even find an answer.

I suppose select "Didn't graduate", and that could reasonably result in the "No Degree Earned" status on your final app. I only have my final copy, so I can't see what options you have to select, but for my high-school/college dual enrolled course, study abroad and post-bac work the final report shows "No degree earned" for the respective colleges.