Study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patrick Bateman's Brother

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just looking for advice on how to approach boards studying. Plan on taking Step and Comlex. I'm currently a 2nd yr in a curriculum which does physio and some path the 1st year. While the 2nd year is more focused on pathology and treatments. I'm doing well in class but don't know what to expect in the spring because it's a new curriculum.

My plan for the year involved going through Zanki during the year but felt like this would be a massive feat considering I haven't made a slight dent into it. So I've resigned to just going through Pathoma, micro, and pharm decks.

Currently, I do relevant FA, pathoma, sketchy, and osmosis to whatever is presented with class.

My goal is to have 1 pass through sketchy (micro, pharm, path), FA, Savarese, and Pathoma before December.

For spring, I plan on doing one of those 99-day schedules in Lecturio or building a 4-month schedule before dedicated with osmosis while doing the 2nd pass of FA, Pathoma, sketchy, Savarese, and the 1st and 2nd pass of UWorld (+COMBANK?)

I'm wondering if there's anything critical that I'm missing or if there's anyway to make my approach more efficient. Thanks for taking the time to read this and offering any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

Sketchy path + Pathoma is redundant. Spend time knowing the latter and you'll be better off.
Doing a "pass" of sketchy micro/pharm is good - but going thru the respective anki decks is also a must.

I did sketchy in the summer and am maturing the pepper micro and pharm decks at the moment.

Next block I will start Rx questions and start reviewing old systems, as I go thru the questions. I will also be continuing my micro and pharm decks + add new ones bc sketchy is only about 70%.

I wish I had the time to do first pass BnB Sketchy Rx Pathoma Zanki AND class slides (I dont wanna fail class) but I just dont until december. I hate how they give us so much crap/slides at my school much of which is for Step2 and 3rd yr and doesnt overlap wirh Step 1 stuff at all. So far all I am able to do for sake of time is Pathoma Robbins/Cotran and sketchy pharm/micro with each block. No time for BnB unfortunately and I hate it. How good are Robbins/Cotran questions btw? Ive been doing them and they seem like they line up with Pathoma decently. Also if i were to do say 2-5 questions per day starting now do yall recommend Rx or UW? Ive heard not to use up UW in the fall

I wish I had the time to do first pass BnB Sketchy Rx Pathoma Zanki AND class slides (I dont wanna fail class) but I just dont until december. I hate how they give us so much crap/slides at my school much of which is for Step2 and 3rd yr and doesnt overlap wirh Step 1 stuff at all. So far all I am able to do for sake of time is Pathoma Robbins/Cotran and sketchy pharm/micro with each block. No time for BnB unfortunately and I hate it. How good are Robbins/Cotran questions btw? Ive been doing them and they seem like they line up with Pathoma decently. Also if i were to do say 2-5 questions per day starting now do yall recommend Rx or UW? Ive heard not to use up UW in the fall
Plan on doing Rx as much as possible all thru block 6... to facilitate my review of systems. Go over answers with BnB/FA. Pathoma, Sketchy.

Continue this half wau thru block 7, then start UW around Xmas. Hopefully by that point I will have done a decent review of FA thru the 3 mo of Rx questions each day leading up to that.

Dedicated - straight UW and a 2nd pass of reviewing material.