Study Schedule Critique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychedup09

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I will be taking the MCAT this coming spring! I have made a study schedule that spans over 3 months, however I have a question about study materials. At this moment I am planning on using the Khan Academy videos as my first pass over content review. Once I go through these videos and complete various practice passages, I will then use Kaplan to supplement the knowledge that I am missing, or am not sure about. Does this plan sound reasonable?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would actually say no.
There is simply sooo much content on Khan academy that there's no way to get through them in 3 months, not to mention also have time to further review with Kaplan. I'd say go the other way (similar to what I did). Go through the Kap books then review the difficult topics with Khan academy. Just be sure to draw up your timeline in a way that you complete most of the material with at least a month to go so you have that last month to take practice tests and drill the harder content.

I would actually say no.
There is simply sooo much content on Khan academy that there's no way to get through them in 3 months, not to mention also have time to further review with Kaplan. I'd say go the other way (similar to what I did). Go through the Kap books then review the difficult topics with Khan academy. Just be sure to draw up your timeline in a way that you complete most of the material with at least a month to go so you have that last month to take practice tests and drill the harder content.

I agree with this. Kaplan books will take less time to go through, and will help you understand what you know and don't know. Once you feel solid with your Kaplan books, I think it would be in your benefit to skim through the Khan Academy MCAT notes compilations to find any gaps with content. I would use the Khan Academy videos as a supplement to your other content review; if you don't understand one topic or feel the book explain them poorly, then you should watch a KA video.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.