Study schedule with the following resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwaranch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm planning on really starting to board prep around January. I am an ms2. I am planning on using FA 2014, RR 4th edition, goljan audio, Pathoma, picmonic, USMLE Rx, Uworld, and possibly combank, and also DIT. Does anyone have any type of schedule or best way to go about using these resources to study in that amount of time? I just don't know how I will know if i am doing enough each day to where I am doing everything I should be doing. I am thinking about doing the usmleRx q bank first and then going to uworld after i've studied for awhile. Is 3 months long enough to cover uworld? Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

You want to do all of that in 3 months?? If you have only 3 months, dont spread yourself too thin. Its better to use less resources, but master them inside out, instead of a lil bit from here and there.

I haven't started uworld yet, but I've been doing rx qbank. A good estimate would be about 46 questions for 3 hours. That gives you 1 hour to take the block, and 2 hours for reviewing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I'm planning on really starting to board prep around January. I am an ms2. I am planning on using FA 2014, RR 4th edition, goljan audio, Pathoma, picmonic, USMLE Rx, Uworld, and possibly combank, and also DIT. Does anyone have any type of schedule or best way to go about using these resources to study in that amount of time? I just don't know how I will know if i am doing enough each day to where I am doing everything I should be doing. I am thinking about doing the usmleRx q bank first and then going to uworld after i've studied for awhile. Is 3 months long enough to cover uworld? Thanks everyone!

That's my plan, minus DIT and USMLE Rx, and subbing Firecracker for picmonic. If I were you I'd start picmonic and Goljan audio now (Goljan audio for sure). I've found it super helpful to use concurrently with classes -- on the commute to school and while doing cleaning/chores/errands. It'll get you in the mood for RR and FA in the next couple months.

I agree with the other poster trying to master another resource instead of spreading too thin. Sounds a bit hard to accomplish.

That looks like a pretty good list of resources. The FA website has some study schedules posted, but they are mainly 1 or 2 month plans. It would be nice to know how much to cover during school/Christmas break/spring break and how much to leave until after school. I am guessing the bare minimum to Pass since P=MD. Personally, I have been using UW questions as review for my block exams, and Picmonic for use during the year to help with confusing topics. I've also been using Goljan audio on the commute to school and during workouts. My school actually made Pathoma a required part of our curriculum this year, so that has correlated nicely with my pathology and even the micro a little bit. DIT sounds like it's something to leave until after classes, though. I really want to see what everyone else is doing.