Studying for Boards part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moola

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who made it through part 2 offer some tips on how to study? much appreciated. THanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just messing with you Moola. What helped me was just studying with manuals that I had printed in smaller versions at Office Max. When I was out on externships I would just pull them out and study when I had a minute. I also studyed class notes, Podiatry Institute manual, Pocket Pod, AJM, California school classification manual. Your interviews will really help you prepare for part2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Radiology textbook that's focused on podiatry. I found Crim easier to read than Christman. I found it to be an easy to read resource on more than just x rays. It does a good job on anatomy, classifications, MRI's, etc.

:thumbup:
I would definitely study podiatry.

However, there were medicine questions like reading an EKG and knowing causes for certain metabolic imbalance.

Speaking from other students after the exam, we all mutually felt the questions were random. You may not feel like you passed it leaving the exam room no matter how much you studied.

Don't fret, do your best. Study the basics using the above recommendations. I found that the good rotations and interviews prepared me the best for the exam.