Studying for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamlonely

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, i just finished my spring semester(sophomore) and now i have the 3 months to study for the mcat.
I feel that i completely dont remember genchem,genphysics(but i shouldnt have problems with those because i'm good at that type of stuff), in biology, i need to read some chapters, but mostly i just need to review; in orgchem, i think i need to read up the stuff on cooh and amines,etc. i am trying to be ambitious and use the textbook for all of these except general physics, where i could get my father to tutor me.

so i need to start by reading gen chem
-read 2 chapters on bonding in the gen chem textbook-oxtoby (75pages)
-read 5 chapters on modern physics in the gen physics textbook-serway (215 pages).
-read 11 chapters in oxtoby (500pages)
obviously i would then use the mcat prep book to do the exercises(which should really take me about 30minutes per chapter...)

now there is no way i'll do any of this at home, because im addicted to internet,tv,etc. But i'm thinking of going to the beach. I figure that i should be able to do 75pages of reading+exercises/day, though i havent tried studying at the beach since high school...

but i probably will be going to jonesbeach,l.i. this thursday, if it's sunny. and once the beaches become more crowded, i'll be going to fireisland. if anybody wants to join me, feel free to contact me. if not, feel free to advice me with general tips on just how to study(especially at the beach)!

p.s. i think when reading the text i read about 10pages/hr:( i hope that at the beach i'll be more alert than at home, and will increase it to about 15pages/hr, then about 8-10hours of studying per day should accomplish my goal?

Members don't see this ad.