Studying for the ITE/BASIC + M5 & TrueLearn discounts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amandaeleven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've gotten a lot of questions from the new CA1s in our program [I'm a current CA2] about studying for the ITE & the BASIC as well as general resources out there. We recently secured discounts from M5 & TrueLearn that I'm sure others could benefit from. So, I've written an extensive blog entry on the subject [How to study for the ITE, BASIC, and anesthesia - Amanda Xi].

For discount codes, M5 gave us 15% off with "M5MGH" or "M5MASSGENERAL."

TrueLearn does a limited time offer: https://truelearn.com/massachusettsgeneralhospitalsetnsnesthesiologysummer17

Let me know if you have any questions! No promises on super quick responses, though. Hope this helps. :)

Members don't see this ad.

People still use M5? TrueLearn is really the gold standard, in my opinion, and usually cheaper with group discounts.

Reactions: 1 user
For CA3s who haven't purchased a qbank for the ADVANCED yet or incoming CA1s that want a head-start on studying for the ITE, I got an updated TrueLearn discount code of 10% on any 3-month or longer smartbank! Per usual for TrueLearn, they have limited the time the offer is active, but you can purchase the qbank now and activate it when you're ready [I did that personally since when they offer package discounts, the percentage saved is higher so it made sense to me to buy my qbanks in advance; I already have my ADVANCED qbank on my account for this time next year].

Discount Code is: DoctorXi10Percent0418. Expires May 1, 2018!

P.S.
I get no affiliate benefit or kickback from TrueLearn by sharing these codes. One of my CA3 friends didn't buy her ADVANCED qbank yet so I thought I'd try to save her a couple $$$.

Also I updated my blog entry listed on the original post with a couple little things now that I have two ITEs under my belt. Hope this helps! As always, feel free to reach out to me with questions/concerns/etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just thought I'd bump this thread since the CA1s in my program are starting to ask about the ITE and BASIC exam. I've continued to update my blog entry based on feedback from colleagues as well as personal experience. Feel free to ask any questions or provide your experience with some of the resources I've suggested!

Here's that blog entry again: How to study for the ITE, BASIC, and anesthesia - Amanda Xi

TrueLearn went away with their 10% off [unless you follow them on social media - I saw a 10% discount on their Instagram for Halloween, so there are options there! also -- if you're a member of an organization that as an agreement/affiliation with TrueLearn, 10% discounts are also available].

Reactions: 1 user
People still use M5? TrueLearn is really the gold standard, in my opinion, and usually cheaper with group discounts.
Agreed that truelearn is superior, for the advanced and ite I found that m5 was a nice adjunct because it covered topics that weren’t seen in truelearn and the ABA likes to be so esoteric it’s good to mix it up imo