Submitting application late July?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JP2740

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will this hurt my chances for getting into a school like U of M? I have 4.0 gpa and expecting a pretty good mcat score.

Members don't see this ad.

Earlier is alwways better, statistically speaking, but an outstanding application is less likely to lack proper attention. When are you planning to take the MCAT?

You could always submit some weeks before the score is due back to be sure the entire application is ready to be viewed by schools as soon as the score returns.

If you are not confident of the score, you can submit to only one school just so verification proceeds. When the score is back, add other schools based on your competitiveness. Newly added schools get the entire application within a business day.

Last edited:
I see in your other post you'll take the MCAT June 17. If you submit your Primary application about then also, it takes maybe 2-3 weeks to get verified at that time of the cycle, and should be done by the mid-July score release date.

I would not wait until mid-July to submit, as it takes 4-5 weeks by then for verification, thus significantly further delaying consideration of your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
So you think if I send in my app anytime before July I'll be good? I'm going to take care of my transcripts and letters of recs and stuff like that, just don't have time to spend on personal statement until after the MCAT.

Aim for the third week of June to be on the safe side. Start considering your PS when the stress of MCAT study is keeping you awake at night and jot down ideas in the morning. It often takes a month to write the perfect PS and do multiple rewrites based on multiple readers' input. You don't want to be rushed at the end.

Alright I'll try my best. I don't know if I'll be able to do it but I'll try. I already requested transcripts, and I'm going to take care of my letters of recs soon so I'll just have the personal statement to take care of. Can you link me helpful threads on writing a ps?