Submitting my AADSAS before taking DAT and submitting LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental808

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I will be applying this cycle and will be submitting my application as early as possible (within the first week of June) However, I won't be taking my DAT until mid June. I know it takes a few weeks for my DAT score to be verified and most school won't really look at my application until it's verified. For this reason I was wondering if it's ok if my letter of recommendation from my dentist is submitted around mid-late June. I want to give my dentist more time to write the letter because I know she's really busy during this time and I rather her write a strong letter than a rushed letter especially if it won't really make a difference in terms of when my application is viewed. Knowing that I won't be taking my DAT until mid June, will a later LOR submission be okay? Granted that everything else in my application (grades, transcripts, personal statement, 2 professor letters) will be submitted within the first week of June. Or would it still be best to submit the LOR as soon as possible?

Thanks it advance!

Members don't see this ad.