Submitting primary to one school then more later? (Will this affect verification speed?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KendallJennerSniperLady69

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to submit my primary application soon. Would it be alright to just submit it to one school, then add more maybe a week later? I'm waiting for a new credit card to come in that I would like to use to pay for my application stuff.

Will this affect verification speed? I've heard of this strategy being used for people who do not have an MCAT score (submit to a "throwaway school" just to get app verified, then add more schools later).

Also, for clarification, I do NOT need to have any letters uploaded/assigned in AMCAS at this point right?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, yes, and yes. The reason people submit to a throwaway school is so they can be verified and have their app ready to go once they have all their materials together. If you are waiting for a credit card so you can submit all your apps and want to get your app verified before then, that is a valid reason to submit to a throwaway to get your app verified.

Yes, yes, and yes. The reason people submit to a throwaway school is so they can be verified and have their app ready to go once they have all their materials together. If you are waiting for a credit card so you can submit all your apps and want to get your app verified before then, that is a valid reason to submit to a throwaway to get your app verified.

Just to clarify, I don't intend for this first school to be a "throwaway school", it will be a school that I actually hope to attend. This is alright right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify, I don't intend for this first school to be a "throwaway school", it will be a school that I actually hope to attend. This is alright right?
It’s called a throwaway cause you don’t want the best chances to attend the school. If you don’t have LORs ready to submit, but want to be verified, I would submit to a true “throwaway” school in the sense that you really don’t care about that school.

Reactions: 1 user
AMCAS does not use Letters during the verification process. LORs are needed for tge secondary process at most schools. Adding schools or letters later will not slow the verification process.
Ah I see. So technically OP doesn’t really need a “throwaway” school since he would still have to fill out the secondaries for the school to check to make sure he has his LORs in.