Success stories: 3.0 or lower GPA & MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got in with a 3.0 or lower gpa

  • YES

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • NO

    Votes: 16 72.7%

  • Total voters
    22

doctortobe26

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I've done a post like this before but not with much response. I need some success stories to see where I stand and what I need to do to improve my application. I know adcoms look at the whole package but need an idea. If you can answer the following questions that would be awesome. Im sorry, I know these are a lot of questions.


1) gpa
2) MCAT
3) How many cycles did you apply?
4) Volunteer experience?
5) Research experience?
6) Shadow experience?
7) Anything extra on your app that might have helped you (post bacc, masters, etc?
8) State?
9) What schools did you get accepted at?


Thank you and good luck to everyone applying this cycle.
 
Hey everyone!

I've done a post like this before but not with much response. I need some success stories to see where I stand and what I need to do to improve my application. I know adcoms look at the whole package but need an idea. If you can answer the following questions that would be awesome. Im sorry, I know these are a lot of questions.


1) gpa
2) MCAT
3) How many cycles did you apply?
4) Volunteer experience?
5) Research experience?
6) Shadow experience?
7) Anything extra on your app that might have helped you (post bacc, masters, etc?
8) State?
9) What schools did you get accepted at?


Thank you and good luck to everyone applying this cycle.

2.4/32. SMP.