Suggestions for recruiting residents for research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lahprd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a doctoral student doing a study that involves querying residents about their experience with interprofessional education with a short survey. So far, I'm not getting the responses I had hoped for...wondering if anyone has suggestions for where I might have success with recruiting participants for my research. There is a $150 incentive for taking the survey.

thanks,
Lori

Members don't see this ad.

why not right here? lol i'll take your survey for $150

A "short survey" never ends up being short...
200_s.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
if you do this online, you will get more people.

For $150 any resident anywhere would take that survey if it's legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You can email residency program offices asking them to forward your recruiting email to their residents. You should have no trouble at all attracting enough residents if you are legitimately offering $150. I would definitely do it for that amount even if it takes an hour to get through.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You can email residency program offices asking them to forward your recruiting email to their residents. You should have no trouble at all attracting enough residents if you are legitimately offering $150. I would definitely do it for that amount even if it takes an hour to get through.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You bet...heck shoot me a PM and I'll forward it to everyone my IM residency program (~120+ people).

why not right here? lol i'll take your survey for $150

Thanks, the survey is in the IRB Approved Research Surveys section of this site and is called:
Collaboration Competency and IPE Study for Residents -- Win a $150 Amazon Gift Card.

For $150 any resident anywhere would take that survey if it's legit.
Thanks, the survey is in the IRB Approved Research Surveys section of this site and is called:
Collaboration Competency and IPE Study for Residents -- Win a $150 Amazon Gift Card.

You bet...heck shoot me a PM and I'll forward it to everyone my IM residency program (~120+ people).

A "short survey" never ends up being short...
200_s.gif
No, really - its about 15 minutes. The survey is in the IRB Approved Research Surveys section of this site and is called:

No, really - its about 15 minutes. The survey is in the IRB Approved Research Surveys section of this site and is called:
Wait, *win* a gift card? I won't do a survey for a chance to win a gift card. I'll do a survey for a guaranteed $150. Or even $50. Otherwise, I might do it out of the goodness of my heart, if it is <5 questions long.

Reactions: 1 users

Knew it was too good to be true. I'm out.

Reactions: 1 user