Sullivan University, Class of 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone that applies round July this year got an answer back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received my acceptance letter today for class of 2016!! =D Good luck to everyone else that is also in the application progress!!

Has anyone that applies round July this year got an answer back yet?

I sent in all my stuff the end of April and I just recieved an email yesterday saying "The Office of Student Affairs has evaluated your application and sent it to the Admissions and Students Affairs Committee. The committee will review your application and will notify you of the next step in the admission process."

I received my acceptance letter today. I have never screamed so loud and hugged a mailman:soexcited:. I wish you all good luck Thanks for the support and see you there.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you send in your application?

Congrats! I sent in my app on July 27 not sure if they received it yet, hopefully they did. So I am just waiting to hear back from them!

I received my acceptance letter today. I have never screamed so loud and hugged a mailman:soexcited:. I wish you all good luck Thanks for the support and see you there.

Hey just wondering if you have any advice for the first time applicants. From what it seems like (from reading all the posts) SUCOP accepts more re-applicants than first time applicants. I already sent my stuff in over a week ago and am playing the waiting game. I'm not sure if I am competitive at all (or maybe I am just pscyhing myself out). My undergraduate GPA isn't too stellar (graduated with a BS in Biology ~ GPA: 2.96, and pharmcas calculated my science GPA to only be a 2.79). I did a year post bacc at a CC and got a 3.71 (only took science classes - part time). I then decided to get my Master of Science in Biology and am one class or two weeks away from graduating (if I get an A in this class, which will be most likely, then I will graduate with a 3.47). Have about 5 years of tech experience, volunteered in the cardiology unit at a big hospital for about 6 months, have a lot of leadership experience (was an RA for three years, president of many clubs). Had some bad grades (one F - human physiology) but repeated it in graduate school and got a B+, got one D but never repeated it because it was Vertebrae Morphology (nothing to do with pharmacy more like evolution and ecology). I don't know where I stand, just worried and confused. If you have any advice that would be awesome, or if you have a similar experience please share. Thanks!!

Phtran87: I don't think I am considered a reapplicant, because they have the rolling admission. When I applied in 2011 and was not considered for the 2015 class for what ever reason (ie. class filled up to quickly). I was still in the running to be a canidate for the next year for 2016. You seem to have a great deal more academic experience than I do and overall sounds like you have a very impressive history for any Pharm college. The best advice I can give is wait. I was a first time applicant with a long medical history, a good GPA >3.6, no science degree yet, and no PCAT (which is not required for Sullivan). I had classmates that applied from community college and was accepted as a first applicant for the same year they applied. So you have good chance, just have to wait. Good Luck hopefully you will get in the 2016 class.

Phtran87: I don't think I am considered a reapplicant, because they have the rolling admission. When I applied in 2011 and was not considered for the 2015 class for what ever reason (ie. class filled up to quickly). I was still in the running to be a canidate for the next year for 2016. You seem to have a great deal more academic experience than I do and overall sounds like you have a very impressive history for any Pharm college. The best advice I can give is wait. I was a first time applicant with a long medical history, a good GPA >3.6, no science degree yet, and no PCAT (which is not required for Sullivan). I had classmates that applied from community college and was accepted as a first applicant for the same year they applied. So you have good chance, just have to wait. Good Luck hopefully you will get in the 2016 class.

Thank you for your advice and opinion. It definitely helped me calm my nerves. Hopefully we will end up in class together! Fingers crossed!

Congratulations on your acceptance :thumbup:! Just wondering, do you have a tech license? I am worried because I only have volunteer experiences at pharmacies. Did your friends have tech licenses? Thanks for your help.

No tech licenses, but a nurse. My classmates were pharm techs that entered last year.

Dont get confused or worried too much with your acedmic standing. SUCOP is a great college and being on rotations right now I can say they have taught me a lot. I was not a straight A staudent in undergrad and did NOT have any degree (associates or bachelors) I just took the needed prerequisites to get in to pharmacy school. I got accepted back in 2010 and have enjoyed the road thus far. This school is very determined to pick not just a good standing academic student, but also a very well rounded professional. One who can take the seriousness of a 3yr program and can also take on the workload. If you can show them and convince them that, then you shouldnt worry at all :)

Dont get confused or worried too much with your acedmic standing. SUCOP is a great college and being on rotations right now I can say they have taught me a lot. I was not a straight A staudent in undergrad and did NOT have any degree (associates or bachelors) I just took the needed prerequisites to get in to pharmacy school. I got accepted back in 2010 and have enjoyed the road thus far. This school is very determined to pick not just a good standing academic student, but also a very well rounded professional. One who can take the seriousness of a 3yr program and can also take on the workload. If you can show them and convince them that, then you shouldnt worry at all :)

I agree totally. I know they look at more than acedemics and I am looking forward to attending SUCOP. SUCOP staff and students was supportive and made interview process pleasant. Good luck and much hope to all :).

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for the reassurance nadams0021, I like that SUCOP looks for more well rounded individuals rather than just numbers. I just hope my credentials, personal statement, and LOR's will express my determination and drive to the the admissions committee. I am glad you like the school and are enjoying rotation right now. I hope to be in your shoes really soon! Best of luck on rotations and finishing up!

I applied in April for the first time and found out a few days ago I have an interview on the 24th. Has anyone else that applied this year heard anything? Good luck to everyone!

I applied in early July this year. They said I won't hear anything back from them until October. I'm still waiting :(

congratulation on your interview though. do you mind sharing your stat? =)

I applied in May and i'm still waiting! I'm so nervous! I 'm really hoping for an interview, I check my email like 5 times a day lol.

I applied in April for the first time and found out a few days ago I have an interview on the 24th. Has anyone else that applied this year heard anything? Good luck to everyone!

I also receive the interview invitation for the 24th. I feel very nervous because this would be my very first interview and I thought it was very early, but apparently, the school has already started the interview and accepting students. For those who have receive their interview and acceptance letters, would you give us feedback on how to prepare and what to expect? It would be very helpful :love:

do you know how long it takes from this email to hear something back from them again? I'm getting nervous.
"The Office of Student Affairs has evaluated your application and sent it to the Admissions and Students Affairs Committee. The committee will review your application and will notify you of the next step in the admission process."

do you know how long it takes from this email to hear something back from them again? I'm getting nervous.
"The Office of Student Affairs has evaluated your application and sent it to the Admissions and Students Affairs Committee. The committee will review your application and will notify you of the next step in the admission process."

to be honest, i received that email last year when i applied. they send me an email to tell me that the class is full. they didn't tell me that it was also because one of the school didn't send in my transcript in time. i just followed up and asked them to reactivate my application in may. i should've send in my spring semester transcript, but i waited because i took a summer class and figured since the school deadline is on july 19th, i would be done with the class short after. i requested my transcript end of july and i received the invitation email mid of august (so about 2 weeks since i requested the transcript). they didn't follow up with me that they have received my transcript or not. they just send me the invitation. i wish i could tell you more.

to be honest, i received that email last year when i applied. they send me an email to tell me that the class is full. they didn't tell me that it was also because one of the school didn't send in my transcript in time. i just followed up and asked them to reactivate my application in may. i should've send in my spring semester transcript, but i waited because i took a summer class and figured since the school deadline is on july 19th, i would be done with the class short after. i requested my transcript end of july and i received the invitation email mid of august (so about 2 weeks since i requested the transcript). they didn't follow up with me that they have received my transcript or not. they just send me the invitation. i wish i could tell you more.

When did you apply last year?

Thanks, I guess I'll just wait until October to find out.

Sorry been busy with school and work. But I send my application in sometime in November 2011. I didn't know the school existed until I came across it from a website in October.

When did you apply last year?

@science crazed
I was one of those students that helped with the interviews lol

My check just got cashed out today! Anyone else's? How longer from here will I hear something back... OMG! I'm getting so nervous. This waiting process sucks :(

I really like this school especially since it is a 3 year program. This goal goes by 4 quarters that are each 11 weeks long. I like that alot.

I got an e-mail thursday that said this:

Good Afternoon,

The Office of Student Affairs has evaluated your completed application and sent it to the Admissions and Students Affairs Committee. The committee will review your application and will notify you of the next step in the admission process.

Once you have completed Organic Chemistry II with Lab, Calculus and Economics, you will need to submit an updated transcript so that the Office of Student Affairs may add it to your file and verify you have completed all pre-requisites in a timely manner.

Thank you,

My check was cashed this morning! I hope this is good news. Has anyone else received this email that has pre-requisites left to take?? Or has anyone received a different e-mail?

Good luck to all & I hope you hear great news soon!

i received the same email before they cashed out my check. i didn't have the request of finishing the prerequisite classes though :( i know i do have a few left. uh oh

so...have anyone heard anything else from sullivan? so quiet in here.

so...have anyone heard anything else from sullivan? so quiet in here.

I got an email two days ago saying that they received all my stuff and that they will process it within the next few weeks then notify me the next step in the process. They didn't necessarily say that it was being sent to the committee for reviewing so idk. I'm just glad I got an email from them.

I interviewed on August 24th and I received my acceptance letter today! :) Best of Luck to my fellow applicants/interviewees!!

I applied in April this year. Alyse emailed me and said that their putting a hold on my application until after this fall semester and send in my new transcripts. I will have just 3 classes left to take after this fall. Do you think I still have a chance at getting acceptance for class of 2016? Also for the ones who were accepted, do you mind sharing if you had and tech experience and what kind of gpas you had. Just curious. I have 3 years of tech experience. Also one more thing. I have been attending Indiana university southeast and I need to take physics. Will physics P120 work. It's title energy and technology (3credits). Goodluck to everyone btw!!! :)

I applied in April this year. Alyse emailed me and said that their putting a hold on my application until after this fall semester and send in my new transcripts. I will have just 3 classes left to take after this fall. Do you think I still have a chance at getting acceptance for class of 2016? Also for the ones who were accepted, do you mind sharing if you had and tech experience and what kind of gpas you had. Just curious. I have 3 years of tech experience. Also one more thing. I have been attending Indiana university southeast and I need to take physics. Will physics P120 work. It's title energy and technology (3credits). Goodluck to everyone btw!!! :)

While my GPA wasnt the greatest, it was certainly competitive, and I have worked my tail off the earn the grades that I have. I think that my academic improvement most definitely helped me get accepted. Also, I do have over a decade of tech experience. My advice to you would be to keep working hard. Good Luck! :)

My GPA is definitely not my strongest point. However, I encountered situation and I explained that in my personal statement and I had overcome it. It showed in my transcript in the past 6 years. But to be honest, I'm not sure how they calculate the GPA so I can't really tell you what my GPA is according to them. Other school average out your coursework to get your final GPA but I think this school have a different method of doing so. I also have other aspect to compliment for my GPA though. I've been a technician for over 4 years, a lead tech too. I had really strong recommendations and my extra curricular are overwhelming. I'm not sure if that would help, but community service is very important for the school. I recall talking to students from there and they said that the school really look for a very well rounded student who are involve and are able to handle their program.

I don't know how many spots are still available, but from my understanding after talking to the ambassadors from the Aug. 24th interview, they had at least 2 sets of interview already for students who were on the waiting list but did not get in the previous year so that in itself should be at least more than 10 spots taken and I heard most of them, if not all, got in. For Aug. 24th interview, there were 21 of us and so far, I know 7 got in for sure from this forums and those that I've kept in contact. The ambassador said that Aug. 24th was the first official interview group for the Class of 2016 and the biggest groups that they ever had. But then again, these are just things that I heard from the ambassadors, so you can take it or leave it. I hope you find this information helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I am from IL...a small town about an hour and a half outside of Chicago

Thanks, I was just trying to map out where you guys are so I can estimate when I should start having hypertension and heart trouble anticipating for that snail mail lolz. I received the big white envelope just about the same time as those who are in the same state as me.

I lost about 3 weeks of sleep between getting notified that I had been selected to interview and getting that big white envelope. In the grand scheme of things, I didnt have to wait long at all to get my acceptance, but my hypertension was still exacerbated :) Congrats on becoming a member of the class of 2016. See ya next summer!

I received an email yesterday for an interview!!!!! It is next friday, September 14 at 8:30... I'm SO EXCITED!!! & a little nervous!! I just know this takes me one step closer to making my dream come true!!! I hope everyone who is waiting will hear some good news soon!

As did I! So excited to finally hear something from them after sending in my application at the end of July.

When did you guys submit your application? I submitted in late July and all I received was a confirmation email that they received my app and it was being processed. Congrats!

I received an email yesterday for an interview!!!!! It is next friday, September 14 at 8:30... I'm SO EXCITED!!! & a little nervous!! I just know this takes me one step closer to making my dream come true!!! I hope everyone who is waiting will hear some good news soon!

Congrats on the interview! Hopefully we will be classmates!! :)