Summer b4 vet school - Zoo interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrevetGA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm starting vet school in the Fall and am trying to figure out what to do this summer. It's a short summer and I will likely only have about 1.5 months free after my college graduation.

I'm interested in zoo medicine and although it's a very challenging path, I am determined to give it my best shot. Any advice for things I could do to prepare me for that this summer?

Ideally I'd be making some money before all my student debt piles up but I am also concerned about getting started with experiences and networking for zoo medicine right away.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all. I'm starting vet school in the Fall and am trying to figure out what to do this summer. It's a short summer and I will likely only have about 1.5 months free after my college graduation.

I'm interested in zoo medicine and although it's a very challenging path, I am determined to give it my best shot. Any advice for things I could do to prepare me for that this summer?

Ideally I'd be making some money before all my student debt piles up but I am also concerned about getting started with experiences and networking for zoo medicine right away.
You will do far more to network while in school (and find out where you can get good experience and network) than the summer before school even starts.

Enjoy your time off before vet school and if you want to work, work and don't worry about this yet.

Gaaaa does ANYONE know how to use a friggin search function these days!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users