Summer class while applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benrose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just finished a summer class that obviously was not on the transcript that I sent to AMCAS. How should I update these schools of my grade for this class?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone
I just finished a summer class that obviously was not on the transcript that I sent to AMCAS. How should I update these schools of my grade for this class?

You could just send an updated transcript to the individual schools. SDN wisdom says that you should wait to update schools with something substantial alongside the transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could just send an updated transcript to the individual schools. SDN wisdom says that you should wait to update schools with something substantial alongside the transcript.

Most schools told me I could include it in an update letter. In that letter I included "grades can be officially verified upon request". There's no point in spending hundreds of dollars (depending on how many schools and the cost per transcript your school charges) sending an official transcript just to update 1 or 2 grades, especially if the school is fine with you typing/writing it into a letter.