"Supplies" For Vet School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They must do it different in the States then. Here I'll usually wear a short sleeve (or long, rollable sleeve) shirt, shoulder guard, and apron. Also boiler suits with horses? They're not that dirty. :confused:

The boiler suits aren't because the horses are dirty, it is to keep clothing all contained since horses spook easily. So they require the boiler suit so that nothing is loose fitting or going to potentially spook a horse. :shrug:

Just how they do it here.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't get that one. You're more likely to get bitten or stepped on. :S I guess maybe if you have some young fresher show up in a poofy, shiny winter jacket or something the horse might not like it.

You would be amazed what I have seen some of the younger kids wearing around the horses even with the boiler suit requirement...

Yeah, I tend to agree, I don't get the whole spooking thing, but I guess with heavy winter clothing, maybe? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
They must do it different in the States then. Here I'll usually wear a short sleeve (or long, rollable sleeve) shirt, shoulder guard, and apron. Also boiler suits with horses? They're not that dirty. :confused:

Yup this is what we do where I'm at. Use for swine also.

Since we're required to have short-sleeves, I went with these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

The sizing was a bit tricky but they seem like they should hold up really well.

Yup, that's what I just ordered yesterday. Screamin' deal on the price right now, and I'm sure they'll be fine. Plus, I'm tall, so men's sizes are not foreign to me :/

I also bought my dissection kit, textbook, and boots for TAU. Seemed like a good price.

Today is the day I clean up this disaster office and buy some binders to organize my class notes and such. Classes start tomorrow, and I want to hit the ground running!

Coveralls aren't necessarily about keeping dirt and hair off of students (although they do that too) - it's about having a dedicated set of clothing for the barn that all students wear that is slightly more professional than jeans and a polo but more utilitarian than a lab coat. Plus, clients can identify who's on the "doctor" side of the table and who's not more easily. We have a school laundry service that launders our coveralls, which adds to the biosecurity aspect, especially for those students who have livestock at home.

Those of you who use OneNote for typing notes and Dropbox to back them up, how do you make that work? I've got my notes uploaded to Dropbox but if I try to access them from another computer they're Read-Only and can't be edited, and I can't seem to find a way to fix that. I suppose it's still useful if my computer ever crashes, but it would be more helpful if I could actually edit my notes from other computers and then re-upload them to Dropbox to access them from home. Any advice?

Those of you who use OneNote for typing notes and Dropbox to back them up, how do you make that work? I've got my notes uploaded to Dropbox but if I try to access them from another computer they're Read-Only and can't be edited, and I can't seem to find a way to fix that. I suppose it's still useful if my computer ever crashes, but it would be more helpful if I could actually edit my notes from other computers and then re-upload them to Dropbox to access them from home. Any advice?

In my experience (and I could just be totally overlooking some feature), but when I use Dropbox I have to download the document from Dropbox onto the computer I'm using to be able to edit it. Afterward, I re-upload the edited document to Dropbox.

If you are looking for a program that lets you edit within the browser (as opposed to actually having to download it), I would recommend Google Docs.

And you can save OneNote to Google Docs as well: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/save-onenote-google-docs-53952.html

In my experience (and I could just be totally overlooking some feature), but when I use Dropbox I have to download the document from Dropbox onto the computer I'm using to be able to edit it. Afterward, I re-upload the edited document to Dropbox.

If you are looking for a program that lets you edit within the browser (as opposed to actually having to download it), I would recommend Google Docs.

And you can save OneNote to Google Docs as well: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/save-onenote-google-docs-53952.html

I've tried downloading it and it's still Read-Only there too. Maybe there's some sort of setting I need to change when I'm saving it from my home computer. Guess I'll just have to play around with it some more.

Google Docs might work. Thanks for the tip!