[Sweet Sixteen] Most Deserving Student to be admitted... MEN'S BRACKET-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Members don't see this ad.

Capt. Jack Sparrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Woa, this one is tough. I'm equally supporting of both characters. So I vote for both.

All_Star_Batman_and_Robin_the_Boy_Wonder_5_a_1024x768.jpg

And as an addendum to that last post, All-Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder is one of the worst Batman books ever written. That being said, it is also the funniest.

An example of just how awful:

batman.jpg

Hmmm this is a hard one. I think I have to go to Sparrow because I'd rather him give me a physical exam than a leather clad man that thinks he's a bat... yea

Sparrow FTW

Batman is my least favorite superhero...

Jack Sparrow FTW!

:rofl:

That was awesome, Myuu.

Members don't see this ad :)
:rofl:

That was awesome, Myuu.

Second that.

I'm voting for Batman. Both are crafty and find a way to work out the seemingly most impossible situations. Batman has the cool and steadfast demeanor of a surgeon.

BATMAN.

chemnerd... i love the avatar.. the best one i have seen yet:thumbup:

Woa, this one is tough. I'm equally supporting of both characters. So I vote for both.
Lol I didn't know we could do that. But I concur, I vote for both here. Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the comics, so my opinion of Batman is formed from some of the movies.

Lol I didn't know we could do that. But I concur, I vote for both here. Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the comics, so my opinion of Batman is formed from some of the movies.

Well if you vote for both, the net is the same as abstaining, so it doesn't really do anything, lol.

colbert's better VR section shows he has what it takes to communicate and to read journal articles.
his higher gpa proves he can perform under stress.
that's all we have to work with.
Colbert in 2009.

I'm too depressed after Stephen Colbert's loss to vote.
Batman sucks because he has no "super powers" but only cool gadgets (yeah, I know Iron Man is the same way, but Iron Man is one BAMF)
I don't even know who Mace Windu is, having never paid close attention to Star Wars, you know, because it sucked

I'm writing in Stephen Colbert

Where were you two when we needed you? :(
Anyway, I abstain...what a sham

Well if you vote for both, the net is the same as abstaining, so it doesn't really do anything, lol.

Indeed. But it lets people know I like them equally, for whatever it's worth. In any case, I wouldn't care if either won.

I'm surprised so many people are voting for Sparrow though, because Dark Knight fit the whole complex-hero/villian, darker-film trend that's going on, whereas the last two PotC weren't that great compared to the first according to the consensus of most everyone I know.

Dawn Treader DID vote in the Sparrow/Colbert vote...

Indeed. But it lets people know I like them equally, for whatever it's worth. In any case, I wouldn't care if either won.

I'm surprised so many people are voting for Sparrow though, because Dark Knight fit the whole complex-hero/villian, darker-film trend that's going on, whereas the last two PotC weren't that great compared to the first according to the consensus of most everyone I know.

Just to point out, you can love Jack Sparrow the character without thinking the last two movies were that good.

Just to point out, you can love Jack Sparrow the character without thinking the last two movies were that good.

Quite true, but, at least for me, how much I like a character has something to do with 'recent events' regarding the character. For example, had I seen Dark Knight yesterday, I probably would have voted for Batman.

Quite true, but, at least for me, how much I like a character has something to do with 'recent events' regarding the character. For example, had I seen Dark Knight yesterday, I probably would have voted for Batman.

$14.99 on iTunes. Time to get watching!

and exploits them for the benefit of mankind!

yellow_batman.jpg

Never you mind about the hospital bit... that was part of the job.

Batman is my least favorite superhero

Jack Sparrow FTW!

And again... Batman!

Since I won't be here tomorrow, I'd like to vote ahead of time for Batman.

I'd also like to vote for batman for the final match. Alternatively, if Bruce doesn't make it, count my vote for Captain Jack

Just reminding myself about Raryn's vote again...

the hats people the hats!

Sparrow FTW!

[Banzai!]Voting Over![/Banzai]

Luckily, I think Jack was really only interested in the free lunch food at the interviews. Batman wins the men's bracket 18-10 and will face the winner of the ladies' bracket in the Grand Championship! Go vote in the ladies' bracket, and look out for a new thread either Monday or Tuesday for the Grand Championship voting!

The Winnah!

batman_bale.jpg

Batman

... I caught this...:thumbdown:

It actually went through the first time?:oops:

My internet was really slow and the next page would not load, so I shut it down, and went to lab yesterday... Sorry Spurs...

Forgiveness, Please!

Did you not see the passionate posts I made on Stephen's behalf? I will continue to write in Stephen Colbert as my vote, even though Spurs doesn't like it.

Did you not see the passionate posts I made on Stephen's behalf? I will continue to write in Stephen Colbert as my vote, even though Spurs doesn't like it.
Sorry about that. I must have missed it while glancing over the last page