Switch from STRAP to FAp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A quick question... I am in STRAP and recently began to inquire about switching to FAP, but was told by my recruiter that such a switch is not possible, at least not until the final year of my residency. Any truth to this? Also, NADD is who I contact currently for all matters, but who is the contact point for FAP?

Much thanks in advance for your comments/help!

Members don't see this ad.

who do you have strap through? which branch?
and I take it this is your first year in strap?
A

I have STRAP through Army and this is my first year. Main issue was that I wanted to do more research on the FAP prior to applying for it and was told initially by the recruiter that you can make the switch, but I guess I hit a glitch in the road.

Thanks for any advice/comments you may have

well, the recruiter is full of it. you can switch.. In fact you can switch between strap, FAP , and NADDS anytime. The only issue I have is that I don't know the guys invovled in the army. You see your talking to the the wrong person.. the recruiter not only has no idea about these things, he acually doesn't have the power to do anything at this point, since you are already in the system.
The person to talk to in the Navy is CApt Miller.. he does these kind of switchs... of course this is useless info for you since your in the army. But what I suggest you do is to call graduate medical education and ask about we is incharge of maintianing your annual contracts... meaning who is your boss/ CO Now... and go from there..
FAP is a great program.. and don't blame you for trying to switch.. i don't know if you read what I wrote int he other thread (FAP information) but I put a ton of info about FAP there..

Hope this helps.
let me know
a