take a chance or a year off?

Started by WahooWa16
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WahooWa16

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a 3rd year and plan to apply for PT school this summer, however, I have not taken anatomy and physiology and plan to take it in the fall. I have been advised by some to wait until the next application cycle when I'll have all my classes, but I'm a bit weary of taking a year off. Any Advice?
 
Give it a try if you are confident with your stats and your ability to get a good GRE score , and everything else for the application process. I think that's fantastic. Good luck to you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
definitely apply. if anything, it'll keep you razor focused and force you to get everything done. also, you'll be very prepared for the next cycle. and if you get in this cycle, even better. i had to take my gre, anatomy and physio over the summer/fall and i got it done and got into a program.
 
I vote take 1 this summer and apply after summer semester. Should greatly improve your chances this cycle.
 
Don't take a year off. I would definitely say take the chance and submit a PT application. You don't have anything to lose! If anything, tell yourself you are applying this summer and do really well in anatomy and physiology when you take it in the fall. You could totally get accepted. Even if the results are not what you want when you apply the first time, you still give yourself ample amount of time to beef up your application before the next cycle or the next application is due again. DO IT.