taken 2 different Physics 1 courses --- can I choose which one counts for AMCAS GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SOAPsucks222

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last summer, I took Physics 1 algebra-based at UTD and got an A. Unfortunately, I had to retake Physics 1 because I need the Calc-based credit. I am taking it now at Uni (calc based) and stand no chance of getting an A.

Since either one can count for med school, can I choose the higher grade credit to count and not have the low grade count for my pre-med GPA? I'm really not sure how this works. any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
No. Both courses will count towards your sGPA and cGPA on all three applications: AMCAS, TMDSAS, and AACOMAS.

The only way to prevent your second physics class from counting is to withdraw from the class. I don’t recommend that, either, especially if it’s a prerequisite for you.

Also, UTD whoosh? Kinda? You left me ;-;
 
Bro. I had the same predicament. A in algebra physics., and struggled mightily to barely get a B in university physics...