taken 2 different Physics 1 courses --- can I choose which one counts for AMCAS GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOAPsucks222

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last summer, I took Physics 1 algebra-based at UTD and got an A. Unfortunately, I had to retake Physics 1 because I need the Calc-based credit. I am taking it now at Uni (calc based) and stand no chance of getting an A.

Since either one can count for med school, can I choose the higher grade credit to count and not have the low grade count for my pre-med GPA? I'm really not sure how this works. any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No. Both courses will count towards your sGPA and cGPA on all three applications: AMCAS, TMDSAS, and AACOMAS.

The only way to prevent your second physics class from counting is to withdraw from the class. I don’t recommend that, either, especially if it’s a prerequisite for you.

Also, UTD whoosh? Kinda? You left me ;-;

Reactions: 1 user
Bro. I had the same predicament. A in algebra physics., and struggled mightily to barely get a B in university physics...