Taking a vacation in the middle of DAT prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bamdental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hellooo everyone :)
I was originally not going to take the DAT this summer and planned a 5 day vacation (roadtripish) in the middle of june. However, circumstances change and I decided to take the DAT! I will start studying June 1st and plan to take it on the 4th of August. ( Cant take it from the 5th-20 and wont be able to study at all during this period)

My main concerns is thatThis vacation will set me back in studying . I cant really cancel because I have already invested a lot. So what can I do to make this up? Or will this vacation severely inhibt my progress??

Members don't see this ad.

Hellooo everyone :)
I was originally not going to take the DAT this summer and planned a 5 day vacation (roadtripish) in the middle of june. However, circumstances change and I decided to take the DAT! I will start studying June 1st and plan to take it on the 4th of August. ( Cant take it from the 5th-20 and wont be able to study at all during this period)

My main concerns is thatThis vacation will set me back in studying . I cant really cancel because I have already invested a lot. So what can I do to make this up? Or will this vacation severely inhibt my progress??
I understand you have a vacation, but I would suggest you set aside some study time too. Perhaps you can at least put in a few hours a day at night when others are sleeping. You can study Bio notes from your phone and perhaps other things too. For reading, you can just get an enjoyable book and do some reading on your downtime.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I would suggest at least reading some biology on your trip. Also I would bring the Organic Chemistry Reaction sheet available on DAT Bootcamp and review that daily. One app I used for studying and reviewing on the go is called DAT Mastery, its great for reviewing concepts and the explanations aren't half bad, its perfect for your situation. Just make sure you kick things into over drive when you get back! All the best.

I took two vacations during my studying. A week long cruise and a week trip to London. I didn’t really study much except for on flights and I still was fine. It all depends on how well you have been retaining the info and how prepared you feel. You should be fine to take a week vacation granted you try and make up for it/study hard once you’re back. But I think you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk