1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking a year off after I graduate. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Phantasmagoria, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am interest in doing EMT work, teaching abroad, lab research. Advice? Stories? Anything is welcome.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MaiPenRai

MaiPenRai Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I work for Princeton in Asia, a really cool program that allows you to teach or do some sort of NGO work in Asia. It's not just for Princeton applicants, either, though there are a lot of Princeton students doing it. I love it! Look at the site (www.princeton.edu/~pia) for more info. and PM me if you have any questions. I also did Teach for America (it is 2 years, though) and I HIGHLY recommend it.

4. ClosetNerd

ClosetNerd Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student

I think that you should work like crazy and squirl away money for the next 5 months then go do some travling.

MaiPenRai... It looks like a phenomenal experiance is that what your doing now?