taking chem 1 at community college?

Started by heartring
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

heartring

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently studying at a community college and am planning on transferring to the state university at the end of this year. If I don't take Chem 1 during this next semester I'll be behind the rest of the cohort after my transfer, but if I do, it will be on my transcript that I took Chem 1 at a CC. I know it probably isn't that big a deal since Chem 1 isn't an advanced class or anything but thought it was worth asking.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
 
I would take your classes however you need to take them to avoid having to push back your MCAT and then push back your application, especially if this is just one class.
 
If you're already studying at a cc then taking science classes there isn't going to be an issue. It only becomes an issue when you already go to a 4 year uni and it looks like you took a cc class to avoid a weeder course at your 4 year.