Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

taking chem 1 at community college?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by heartring, Aug 16, 2015.

1. heartring

Pre-Medical
    I'm currently studying at a community college and am planning on transferring to the state university at the end of this year. If I don't take Chem 1 during this next semester I'll be behind the rest of the cohort after my transfer, but if I do, it will be on my transcript that I took Chem 1 at a CC. I know it probably isn't that big a deal since Chem 1 isn't an advanced class or anything but thought it was worth asking.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

2. Strudel19

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would take your classes however you need to take them to avoid having to push back your MCAT and then push back your application, especially if this is just one class.

3. GodComplex

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you're already studying at a cc then taking science classes there isn't going to be an issue. It only becomes an issue when you already go to a 4 year uni and it looks like you took a cc class to avoid a weeder course at your 4 year.