Taking MCAT May immediately after taking Biochem and Physics 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vivax

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering if lots of people do this/if it's recommended:

I plan on taking Physics 2 and Biochem the spring of my junior year, and I was wondering if it is a good idea to take the MCAT in May, right after finishing those two courses, or even in April when I have yet to completely finish them?

I want to attend med school straight out of undergrad.

I think that I will probably start studying for the MCAT the winter break before my junior spring and continue throughout the semester (although I won't have a light course workload).

Do you think this is a good idea? Thoughts/suggestions/past experiences?

Thanks so much!