Taking the DAT as a US citizen (but international dentist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've started studying dentistry in Europe and have completed one year of my undergrad degree. Would it be advisable to take the DAT and apply knowing that I've had two years experience in dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Let me see if I understand what you are asking. You have been in dental school in Europe for 2 years and have now decided to take the American DAT and apply to US dental schools? Is that correct?

Yeah I completed one year of undergrad in the US before going to europe, too.
Ok, well I will be honest not sure if I have ever had to answer this type of question before. So your goal is to return to dental school in the US and take the DAT and reapply? Let me do some research on this and get back to you. Did you leave on good terms from both dental schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I left on good terms with my previous undergrad university..but i am still enrolled in a dental program abroad

however, some dental schools don't require a bachelors degree...so I was wondering if it would be better to apply to a US dental school and if there is any chance of getting in.

however, some dental schools don't require a bachelors degree...so I was wondering if it would be better to apply to a US dental school and if there is any chance of getting in.
Ok, got it. I will reply with some more information after I do some research.

Last edited: