Taking the DAT soon... am I in good shape???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

16jpatel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am taking the DAT soon, and I just took my last Topscore exam (Topscore test number 3). These is what I scored:
AA- 20
Bio- 21
GC- 21
OC- 18 :confused:
PAT- 19
QR- 20
RC- 21
TS- 20
I really need to get at least and AA of 19 (preferably higher) (at least an 18 in RC and PAT). And preferably a TS of 19. So do you guys think I am good shape for the scores that I desire? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think so. Don't most people say topscore is representative of the real test or even slightly harder? I've also read in some threads your scores go up two points so you'll be fine just keep at it.

iIscored 17 on ochem TS and got 21 on the real, you'll be fine.
TS is a lil harder. Real DAT focuses a lot on broad, basic concept and not detailed mechanism.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I did use Qvault, but only their one free practice test! It was kid of like Bootcamp, which supposed to be harder than the real DAT. But I did not purchase Qvault so I'm not really sure about it....

Idunno how representative is QVAULT, but i think their chemistries are a joke.. As for destroyer, that's a different story.

I like qvault actually i have their bio and GC. I like Bio especially. Touches on many different topics and some questions require you to think even though when you get to the bottom of it they ask very simple concepts. I think thats what people have been saying the real deal is like...

Why do you think the chemistry sections are a joke?

Well, I believe that some of the questions are way too easy to even be consider a DAT question. Such as what molecule is this ? Obviously it is anhydride or aldehyde. Other questions would be like what is the hybridization of the molecule, or what intermolecular forces exist.

For the biology portion, I really have a tough time in QVAULT for some exams. I literally guess on some just to get an 18.

Well, I believe that some of the questions are way too easy to even be consider a DAT question. Such as what molecule is this ? Obviously it is anhydride or aldehyde. Other questions would be like what is the hybridization of the molecule, or what intermolecular forces exist.

For the biology portion, I really have a tough time in QVAULT for some exams. I literally guess on some just to get an 18.

Bootcamp has easy questions like "what molecule is this?" And an aldehyde was the answer. Maybe they just have a few easy ones on there for us, fine by me if it's comparable lol

Other questions would be like what is the hybridization of the molecule, or what intermolecular forces exist

I wouldn't rule these questions out as a possibility for the real exam. Easy or not, ignore NOTHING! :D

You'll be surprised the kinds of easy questions that might get thrown your way on D-Day.