Taking UC Berkeley Extension Genetics - Any way to study for the final well?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocSherman

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello.

I'm currently taking the UC Berkeley Extension Genetics course under Professor Placyk. I'll be getting ready to take my final soon...and I'm frankly a bit lost.

As you guys know, genetics is a very large subject and I'm frankly feeling a bit overwhelmed, especially since you have to get above 70% on the final to get a salvageable grade.

To those who have taken the class, I have a few questions:

-How is the final in terms of difficulty?

-What are some helpful study materials (official and unofficial) that can help with getting a good grade on the final?

-Is there a way to abridge the textbook in order to pinpoint what is needed to do well on the final? It's very wordy as a textbook and the online notes are very minimal (as he mentioned).

Thanks!