Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What would be considered "stupid"? You mean "tribal" stuff?
YUP. That's exactly what I was thinking haha.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What would be considered "stupid"? You mean "tribal" stuff?
Why hasn't anyone figured out how to make tattoos with like a 6 month commitment? Derm people? What are you busy doing with yourselves?
Mine would raise an eyebrow at most now. I just find them tacky. Like bad furniture - except you can't throw it away. I should actually be quiet about this topic as I'm seeing someone with one and he now likes to look around SDN.
Did you see the Drexel girl with the little EKG beat on her foot? That one is adorable.
YUP. That's exactly what I was thinking haha.
Speaking of which- lol at the people covered in tattoos being scared of cute little me coming at them with a needle.
Oh, I don't intend to do anything tribal. I was thinking stuff with animals and ish, cause I'm a huge animal lover. 🙂
I've noticed that a lot of people hate on tribal tattoos. What's wrong with them?
Oh, you're very reasonable then. I don't like them at all. My nose did a bunny twitch when I saw it in passing.ONE in a semi-non visible place, I don't have much issue with
Covered? Lots of piercings? Yeah, no.
Uh, there are semi-permanent (temporary) tattoos.Why hasn't anyone figured out how to make tattoos with like a 6 month commitment? Derm people? What are you busy doing with yourselves?
Oh, I don't intend to do anything tribal. I was thinking stuff with animals and ish, cause I'm a huge animal lover. 🙂
I've noticed that a lot of people hate on tribal tattoos. What's wrong with them?
I think people find it annoying to see someone with a tribal tattoo who doesn't belong to the "tribe" so to speak. I think people look at them as though they got the tattoo as a fashion accessory or something (i.e.: the lower back butterfly tattoos lol)
at the same time scrubs are pretty revealingNot a lot of times you're going to be shirtless while practising medicine, so as long as its not offensive and could get you in trouble if someone saw it at the beach and recognize you, it probably won't be much of an issue if it can't be seen wearing scrubs or shirt and tie etc.
your parents really do know youI think it would be badass to get a tattoo. I would get some on my pectoralis major or my deltoids, area where they could be easily covered by scrubs.
Unfortunately, I approached the topic obliquely with my parents (I pointed out a tattooed guy on the street and asked what they thought of his tattoos). They reacted surprisingly violently, and started raging about how they think that "only weirdos and insecure people get tattoos."
Well, there goes that idea. I was surprised with how angry they got, but I guess some patients will react that angrily too. Better not to make it an issue I guess.
I think people find it annoying to see someone with a tribal tattoo who doesn't belong to the "tribe" so to speak. I think people look at them as though they got the tattoo as a fashion accessory or something (i.e.: the lower back butterfly tattoos lol)
QFTThey belong to the Tribe of Corny Mothafukas.
at the same time scrubs are pretty revealing
Not gonna lie, there was a girl in my class who apparently would show off her "sideboob" (not sure what that means, but it's a term that some other students used) while wearing scrubs during Gross Anatomy. Last I hear she got in trouble with the Dean.
So I'm trying to picture this because I am a warm-blooded heterosexual male ... was she showing her side-boob through rather large sleeves?
Not gonna lie, there was a girl in my class who apparently would show off her "sideboob" (not sure what that means, but it's a term that some other students used) while wearing scrubs during Gross Anatomy. Last I hear she got in trouble with the Dean.
Sideboob= the side of ur boob.
Unless she cut the sleeves off her scrubs I'm not really seeing how this is possible.
The woman in question was a little blonde girl with very short, poorly fitting scrub sleeves.
Now that I know what a "sideboob" is, that does seem unlikely. Do you think the two women who complained to me about her were jealous of her beauty?
Sometimes I don't even think you can be a real person... Like no one in this day and age can be this naive, can they?
Also scrubs with a very low V neck sounds way more likely than large sleeves.
Hmmm I wonder how well this would work on vitiligo
Sometimes I don't even think you can be a real person... Like no one in this day and age can be this naive, can they?
why don't you throw up an audio recording of you saying that.I'm as real as it gets, mang.
why don't you throw up an audio recording of you saying that.
🙄I do my hair and makeup so no one would ever know I was wearing glorified pajamas.
Why would your Dad surf SDN?Lol, my dad surfs SDN on occasion. I'd rather not have him find out who I am.
Why would your Dad surf SDN?
Lol, my dad surfs SDN on occasion. I'd rather not have him find out who I am.
If you're just as weird in person, he probably already knows who you are honestly.
You're a dentist. Pretty darn close.I wish I had derm monies
Wow, koebnerize... Who the hell makes up these words?!?Vitiligo tends to koebnerize. There's a chance you'd make it worse, actually.
Vitiligo tends to koebnerize. There's a chance you'd make it worse, actually.
We're not talking about the implants. My comment was about the medical tattoo artist for the re-creation of the nipple areolar complex. The implants are covered under the Women's Health Act of 1998; the tattooing is not always a covered benefit, depends on the policy. Sometimes the issue is that the artist don't take insurance so even if you have coverage you end up paying out of pocket and trying to recoup monies from your carrier.
why does it feel icky to agree with you about anything?i don't want a tat because there is nothing that i would want to put on my body for my entire life
here are some reasons to get a tat:
if you are a boring person, getting a cute and ironic tat is one way to start or keep a conversation.
if you lack the strength to rebel against your parents, a tat is a passive-aggressive way to do that.
if you want to fit in with some subcultures, a sleeve would help you with that.
or you could do the alternative and become an interesting person instead of watching 16 and pregnant or grow a pair of balls and tell your parents the truth or have the mental strength to resist peer pressure
i don't want a tat because there is nothing that i would want to put on my body for my entire life
here are some reasons to get a tat:
if you are a boring person, getting a cute and ironic tat is one way to start or keep a conversation.
if you lack the strength to rebel against your parents, a tat is a passive-aggressive way to do that.
if you want to fit in with some subcultures, a sleeve would help you with that.
or you could do the alternative and become an interesting person instead of watching 16 and pregnant or grow a pair of balls and tell your parents the truth or have the mental strength to resist peer pressure
Your dad isn't weird. I wish my parents would do that. I tried to get my mother to listen to how blood clots one day and she was half asleep by the time I said "vitamin K in the liver...".He's obsessed with med school and everything medicine related. I don't know why.
i don't want a tat because there is nothing that i would want to put on my body for my entire life
here are some reasons to get a tat:
if you are a boring person, getting a cute and ironic tat is one way to start or keep a conversation.
if you lack the strength to rebel against your parents, a tat is a passive-aggressive way to do that.
if you want to fit in with some subcultures, a sleeve would help you with that.
or you could do the alternative and become an interesting person instead of watching 16 and pregnant or grow a pair of balls and tell your parents the truth or have the mental strength to resist peer pressure
Wait...what's Zyzz? I saw someone type that before too. I thought that pic was this guy's real photo.You're complaining about tattoos when your avatar is a picture of Zyzz?
Wait...what's Zyzz? I saw someone type that before too. I thought that pic was this guy's real photo.
You're complaining about tattoos when your avatar is a picture of Zyzz?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.