TBR electroplating passage (ch 10, passage 14)

Started by brrenters
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brrenters

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Was wondering about the BR gen chem ch 10 passage 14, question #90. The passage states that solution 4 ends with a lower mass than solution 1, yet the answer key chose the graph with solution 1 ending in a lower mass than solution 4. I was wondering if anyone else was confused by this. Perhaps the answer key is mistaken?

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2460/photounz.jpg
 
Another question I had an issue with was #92. I chose answer D, thinking that a good choice would be a metal that would be preferentially oxidized as a sacrificial metal due to the discussion in the chapter. However, the answer is A. What scenarios do sacrificial metals apply to?