Tell me about yourself....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That picture sucks. You only show the carbon chain and I can barely tell what's going on. It isn't a cephalosporin or pen. derivative due to lack of B-lactam ring. The structure is similar to that of a quinolone, but I can't tell if it really is or which one.

Of course, I'm assuming it's an antibiotic...

Members don't see this ad.

As a way to help prospective pharmacy students on this board, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves, old timers and new comers, by mentioning a little something about yourself. And it would be a great way to meet your future classmates in pharmacy school, if your applying to the same school. If you think this is corny, just skip the thread.

for example:

school you attend:
pharmacy schools you want to attend:
extracurricular activities/services:
interests/hobbies:
what makes you stand out from the rest:

School attending - UCSD
Pharmacy schools I want to attend - UCSD, Colorado, USC
ECs - research currently (gonna volunteer at a pharm soon hopefully)
Interests - sports (basketball) and movies
Why I Stand out - idk, i think my life experiences and what ive gone through w/ my family are gonna make me standout. b/c of this, i have to give up alot of ECs.

Members don't see this ad :)
school you attend: CSULB
pharmacy schools you want to attend: USC, Western, UOP, Pacific U
extracurricular activities/services: Volunteer at pharmacy (300+hrs!), Clinical Care Extender Intern, Friendly Visitor Program
interests/hobbies: Eating out, baking, bearded dragons
what makes you stand out from the rest: Genuine concern/interest in pharm?

overall gpa: 3.56 :scared:

school you attend: WVU School O' Pharmacy
Pharmacy schools you want to attend: None
extracurricular activities/services: None.
interests/hobbies: Sleeping, going to WVU football games, going to Dave and Busters, trying to assassinate Zacksux.
what makes you stand out from the rest: Everything.

overall gpa: Who knows. Like 2.9-ish? Could be higher, lower, I don't know/care.

I still can't believe it! Out of the top 10 college football teams in the nation, WV has the easiest road to a possible National title game. Not fair! I just hope that Louisville can beat them!

I still can't believe it! Out of the top 10 college football teams in the nation, WV has the easiest road to a possible National title game. Not fair! I just hope that Louisville can beat them!

Jingle Bells, the Cardinals smell, Michael Bush broke his leg, Louisville lost it's wheels, now it's offense will lay an egg. Hey!

WVU's schedule isn't that easy. Louisville, Pitt (they are for real, seriously), and Rutgers are legit. Maryland will be a test as well.

It's just as hard as USC's schedule. Who do they play? Notre Dame, that's it. They almost lost to frickin' Georgia Tech. After that it's just a bunch of overrated Pac 10 teams. Unless you are in the Big Ten or the SEC, your schedule isn't all that bad, period. People just pick on WVU because they can. West Virginia is the redheaded stepchild of the US.

Hopefully they will go 12-0 and I'll be able to figure out a way to get out of a rotation for 2 days in January for a "job interview" in Phoenix.

I am currently attending a community college and will transfer to CSULB in Spring 07. I have already finished all of my prereqs at a community college (is that bad?:idea: :confused:
I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for about 6 months now, I will quit once i get a job as a pharmacy clerk somewhere.
um. nothing about me stands out im plain jane when it comes to my academic records. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 due to circumstances but I've been keeping up to around 3.6-3.7ish.
I am blind in one eye due to amblyopia and have high myopia in the "good eye" suffer from lots of "floaters" so lots of physical activities are not a good idea for me.
I want to attend any school that will accept me!!!!!!!! :mad: , preferrably all the schools in Cali: Touro, Loma Linda, Western, USC, or SUNY buffalo, Long Island U, Colorado U, or Temple.
thats about it. Also, I am attracted to tall handsome fit male doctors. :p

school you attend: Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne

pharmacy schools you want to attend: Purdue, Butler, whoever else will take me

extracurricular activities/services: Currently ranked 93rd in North America in Scottish Heavy Athletics (Highland Games), 8 years experience as an opthalmic technician/retinal angiographer, 6 years experience as a network administrator

interests/hobbies: Scottish heavy athletics, football, sleeping, eating

what makes you stand out from the rest: Member of MENSA, 6'3" - 280lbs.

Also served 6 years in the US Army.

Member of MENSA

I challenge you!!! Fill in the blank of my ghetto IQ test.

brainteaser-1.jpg

I'm really, really bored. It's either this or cruise around Wal*Mart at 2:30AM and I did that yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, you got me...what do you say?

I'm really, really bored. It's either this or cruise around Wal*Mart at 2:30AM and I did that yesterday.

I work 11 pm to 7 am and I will be walking around Meijer's (like Wal-Mart with less mullets) in about an hour on my lunch break.

So it's basically a sport revolving around throwing arbitrary objects down a field? That's freakin' awesome. I wanna join, I wanna join.

Although I have strong Scottish ancestry and all the events have historical significance, they even seem arbitrary to me. So yes, you are correct. Plus you get to wear a skirt.

And at 6'3" 280lbs, I am one of the smaller guys that compete in the sport. Most of the really good competitors are Division I O-Lineman size.

I have two words: Boomer Sooner

School you attend: California State University, Hayward
pharmacy schools you want to attend: UOP
extracurricular activities/services: Webmaster for the Vietnamese Student Association (VSA). Currently, volunteering at 2 hospitals
interests/hobbies: Females with big hmmmm........ brains
what makes you stand out from the rest: I'm good looking! :cool:

I am currently attending a community college and will transfer to CSULB in Spring 07.

See ya thereeeee =) Welcome to the 2nd most populated university in california... next to ucla of course...

Also, I am attracted to tall handsome fit male doctors. :p

I hear ya... especially the young residents at VA-long beach... :rolleyes:

*School you attend: USC '06
*Pharmacy schools you want to attend: USC, UW, UCSF, UCSD
*Extracurricular activities/services: Orientation advisor x2 summers, research, volunteered in pharmacies, currently working as a pharm tech
*What makes you standout: Uhm, my major? true interest in pharmacy? experience in clinical pharmacy? my gpa's average, nothing that stands out.

name: Jessica
Major: Chemistry with minor in biology
pharmacy school: hopefully UK
married, one son (turns 1 years old tomorrow) and currently living in Germany. :cool:

oh and i have 5 years experience working as a certified pharmacy tech :) not extra special though

Schools attended: Ohlone college and UC Berkeley
Pharmacy schools of interest: U of Southern Nevada, UCSF, Touro

Extracurricular: Biology Intern for Bridges to the Future program through Cal State Hayward, LAb assistant for Brun's Lab (Plant and Microbial Dept of UC Berkeley), tutor/mentor for the America Reads program (working with minority students from low income neighborhoods in oakland/berkeley), tutor/mentor for the prekindergarten enrichment program through YWCA (working w/low income children from Berkeley), VP of pre-medical club at Ohlone college, secretary of the Biology Scholars club at Ohlone College

Last edited:
Name: Nada (I'm not Spanish so my parents did not name me nothing :rolleyes: )
Sex: Female, last time I checked
School: Pharmacy At university of Florida, Orlando Campus
I'm 4th year, will Graduate in May 2007
inshalla

Name: Chris D.
Major: Bio-Med, but basically i'm just picking my classes to get the pre-req's done
Undergrad school: Grand Valley State University
Pharmacy school: Hopefully either University of Michigan or Ferris State University
Experience: Worked at a pharmacy in my hometown for the past summer and over school breaks.
Job: Chemisty Dept. Stockroom Ast.
GPA: 3.3 (yeah i know i'm on the low end.... no need to rub it in! :(
Also will be working on research this coming ('07) summer with my organic professor.

Stuff on the Side: I ran for my University (Grand Valley) as a freshmen for cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track. Then realized that i could never keep my grades up with a varisty sport in college. So i'm a sophmore and not running anymore, just playing I.M. basketball on the side and pick up games of hockey at a local rink.

Also I havn't seen anybody on this forum that is from Michigan or attending school in Michigan?.. Is there anyone else out there other than me?! :rolleyes:

Also I havn't seen anybody on this forum that is from Michigan or attending school in Michigan?.. Is there anyone else out there other than me?! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE said:
Hey Yooper,

I'm originally from Traverse City, born in Detroit. I'm also applying to UofM but decided against Ferris. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here, but I assume your from the UP?

Hi everyone I've been reading all your posts for a few weeks now and have learned alot from all of you thanks,
Thought I would finally post and say hello to all, I'm applying to midwestern CPG and as all of you hoping for the best, right now I just want to know PCAT results the wait is killing me!! anyways good luck to all

Name: Dennis
Sex: Male
Under Grad: College of Lake County (Also have a certification in Phlebotomy)
Pharmacy school: Undecided.
Jobs: Pharmacy Tech@Walgreens and Salesfloor/Pharmacy Cashier@Target
Extracurricular: Volunteering at a VA for phlebotomy.

Hey Yooper,

I'm originally from Traverse City, born in Detroit. I'm also applying to UofM but decided against Ferris. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here, but I assume your from the UP?

Hey, yeah i'm from the U.P. what year are you in college i have quite a few friends that are from T.C.! So you applyed to U of M and not ferris... any reason other than bigger school?.... Are you in the program at michigan?... If so what were your pre-req stats? I have the pre-req's done for Ferris for after this year and will be completing the rest for U of M next year.

Hey, yeah i'm from the U.P. what year are you in college i have quite a few friends that are from T.C.! So you applyed to U of M and not ferris... any reason other than bigger school?.... Are you in the program at michigan?... If so what were your pre-req stats? I have the pre-req's done for Ferris for after this year and will be completing the rest for U of M next year.

Not to sound too arrogant, but I didn't apply to Ferris because I don't believe it is a very good school or program. The application doesn't even require letters of rec. I just thought that was a good sign they wernt really looking at the whole person as an applicant.

Even though I am from T.C., I did my undergrad at Penn State. I got my BS in Biochem, BA in Philosophy, and a minor in Microbiology. I am in a Masters program right now at Johns Hopkins and working as a research tech. at the Institute for Cellular Engineering. I'll graduate in May with a MS degree.

What school are you going to now?

Attending CSU San Bernardino and San Bernardino Valley College (simultaneously)
BS-Chemistry, Biochemistry Option, Minor Biology.
Cum 3.57
Science 3.49
No PCAT
Taking Pharm Tech Classes at Valley, but unable to finish because Molecular Biology and Microbiology coincide with PHT classes.
IF accepted to multiple schools preference would be Oregon State, LLU, USC, Western (Order by preference not by prestige)

M/29
peculiarities: wife is Math major (it helps), salutatorian in high school class of 17 in Podunkville, AR.

Employment: Southern California Gas Co. Cust Svc Rep. (Like retail pharmacy only with different safety requirements.) E.G. message left on phone the other day "Hi my name is ...., my account number is (starts punching the numbers in on the phone without saying them) Please call me back (no phone #) click.:scared:

View attachment solution.bmp

Name: Andricia Mia
Schools attended: Ohlone college and UC Berkeley
Pharmacy schools of interest: Midwestern U-Chicago, UIC, U of Wisconsin, Purdue, U of Southern Nevada, UCSF, Touro

Extracurricular: Biology Intern for Bridges to the Future program through Cal State Hayward, LAb assistant for Brun's Lab (Plant and Microbial Dept of UC Berkeley), tutor/mentor for the America Reads program (working with minority students from low income neighborhoods in oakland/berkeley), tutor/mentor for the prekindergarten enrichment program through YWCA (working w/low income children from Berkeley), VP of pre-medical club at Ohlone college, secretary of the Biology Scholars club at Ohlone College

Interests/hobbies: Studying for my Pharmacy tech certification, myspace addict(checkout my profile www.myspace.com/andricia), indie movie buff( fear and loathin in las vegas is the best movie ever!), burning mixed cd's to fit my different moods/emotions, shaking what my momma gave me at the clubs, photography, spontaneous road trips

What makes me standout: Latina cutie with a pinchable booty(lol) just kidding....hmmm, I guess it would be the fact that I want to work for a pharmacy that provides assistance to low income communities even if it means that I will receive a smaller paycheck than my fellow pharmacists. I'm very connected to helping those from low income neighborhoods since I myself came from one.

I go to Ohlone too.. The pre-med club is soooo ghetto, I'd rather learn from Sdn, LoL!:laugh:

SEX: Female
UNDERGRAD: University of Kentucky
MAJOR: None
MINOR: None
PHARMACY: University of Kentucky '11
JOB: Fitness Associate and Pharmacy Technician

22 years old Female
Job: certified pharm. technician at Brooks Pharmacy- soon to be Rite Aid
2 years experience
Undergrad Major: Chemistry
Minor: Business and Biology
GPA: 3.59

Applied to: Mercer, U of Colorado, MCP- Worcester, Shenandoah U, Northeastern U

name: Tasneem or Taz
undergrad: cal poly pomona!! :)
job: pharmacy clerk at independant pharmacy
major: biotechnology, minor chemistry
grad: USC ....i think

name: Wynn
undergrad: DeAnza College/San Jose State
major: nutrition science/ minor-biology
grad: hopefully UWashington

Name: Anne
Age: 26 (as of 2-16-2007)...although, I wish it could just stay that way.
Sex: Female
Undergrad: Indiana University B.A. Telecommunications
Job: CVS CPhT 3 years
Hobbies: reading, watching birds, civil war, cooking, gardening, art history, going to zoos (elephant & penguins favorite), puzzles (jigsaw), computer games

Name: Ronalda but call me Ronnie
Sex: female
undergrad: Spelman College 2006 BS Chemistry
pharmacy: hopefully, Xavier or Mercer
Job: pharmacy tech at CVS/psychiatric counselor at a hospital

holla holla holla holla

Name: Shayla
Sex: female
undergrad: Florida State University 2002 BS I.S. Network Management
pharmacy: *crossing fingers* University of Florida (never thought i'd be attending my rival school...lol) or Florida A&M University
Job: science teacher

Name: Ryan
Sex: Male
Undergrad: Arizona State University: B.S. Kinesiology
Pharmacy: Have not applied yet
Job: Restaurant/volunteer at hospital pharmacy

Name: Kyla
Sex:F
Undergrad: University of Louisville; BA,Biology
Grad: University of Louisville; MS,Exercise Physiology