Temple ACMS after an SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

not-rick

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am CURRENTLY in a 1-year SMP, and would really like to get the ball rolling in terms of beginning medical school, or at least have a semi-guarantee that I'll be in medical school ASAP. That's where Temple comes in. I realize that Temple's program requires a 3.6 throughout the next year for the automatic matriculation, but I'm quite certain I can manage that.

Do y'all think it's worth it to throw an application in there and see what happens? I'm in the process of applying to medical schools right now, and I'm on a post-interview hold for a state school for the next few months... Essentially, I want to know if I'm crazy or not for thinking of doing this.

I have a 3.3 cGPA and a balanced 511 MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I am CURRENTLY in a 1-year SMP, and would really like to get the ball rolling in terms of beginning medical school, or at least have a semi-guarantee that I'll be in medical school ASAP. That's where Temple comes in. I realize that Temple's program requires a 3.6 throughout the next year for the automatic matriculation, but I'm quite certain I can manage that.

Do y'all think it's worth it to throw an application in there and see what happens? I'm in the process of applying to medical schools right now, and I'm on a post-interview hold for a state school for the next few months... Essentially, I want to know if I'm crazy or not for thinking of doing this.

I have a 3.3 cGPA and a balanced 511 MCAT.

So you're saying you applied to med schools this cycle a few months ago and want to know if Temple's ACMS is worth a shot?

It's a great program; I thought about applying too. It's super competitive though so if you apply do so ASAP. Your plan is not crazy.

So you're saying you applied to med schools this cycle a few months ago and want to know if Temple's ACMS is worth a shot?

It's a great program; I thought about applying too. It's super competitive though so if you apply do so ASAP. Your plan is not crazy.

Yes, I've applied for the 2017-2018 AMCAS cycle to a handful of schools during my SMP year, just to test the waters out. My reasoning for doing this is just to have another back-up plan laid out in case I don't get accepted to the state MD school.

And of course, if I get into the state school I'd be matriculating to that one immediately.

If you are doing well in your current SMP you'll likely be competitive at many schools. Two SMPs sounds unnecessary.