Temple ACMS vs Tufts MBS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbrown2048

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I was fortunate enough to be accepted by my top 2 choices Temple ACMS and Tufts MBS, but I'm having a really tough time deciding where to go.

As of now Tufts is my clear number one due to the location, proximity to family (I live right there), and the fact that I can come out of the program with an MBA (should I decide medicine isn't for me). Also, TUSM is my number one choice for med school, so I'm hoping maybe the linkage will help me get in. I know that Temple is pretty much a medical school acceptance, given that I just need to get a 3.6 in the program. However, I'm not sure if I want to commit myself to Temple for the next 5 years as I'm not too excited about the area the school is in. And during the interview (4/5), I wasn't too excited about being there.

I just wanted to know if I choose to got to Tufts instead and apply to medical school using AMCAS, will adcoms from other schools know that I was given a "conditional acceptance" to LKSOM/will this hurt my chances of getting into another medical school in the future. I know that turning down an acceptance seems to be the "kiss of death" so I don't want this to affect my future applications. But I'm not sure if conditional acceptance = acceptance. My stats are cGPA 3.5/ sGPA 5.3/ MCAT 514. Thank you guys so much!

Members don't see this ad.