***Temple Class of 2013***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
Has anyone heard back regarding Financial aid?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Has anyone heard back regarding Financial aid?
Thanks!

No, I keep checking owlnet & it just says pending. I'm thinking about calling the financial aid office to get an idea of when to expect an award letter. I hate being annoying though...

I'm also waiting to hear about financial aid... will it definitely be posted on owlnet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also waiting to hear about financial aid... will it definitely be posted on owlnet?

Yea, if you went to second look day, they gave out a financial aid checklist that says on page 2:

"Award letters will be mailed to students as FAFSA applications are processed on a daily basis beginning late March. Letters are also available for viewing via the Owlnet student information system"

so hopefully we'll hear from them soon! :xf:

Yea, if you went to second look day, they gave out a financial aid checklist that says on page 2:

"Award letters will be mailed to students as FAFSA applications are processed on a daily basis beginning late March. Letters are also available for viewing via the Owlnet student information system"

so hopefully we'll hear from them soon! :xf:
Cool, thanks for the info. It would be nice if they sent that type of thing to those of us who can't afford to fly back to Philly again...

Cool, thanks for the info. It would be nice if they sent that type of thing to those of us who can't afford to fly back to Philly again...

Yea I know, it seems like they expect us to know everything... I called the financial aid ofc to check on my app, & they said I wouldn't get an award letter until I mail them my tax return/w2. Which is a little weird because Owlnet doesn't say anything in the documents required spot :confused:

Is anyone in the class of 2013 considering HPSP?

I noticed today on Portal that it listed the Stafford loans I will be recieveing. If I were to get scholarships would that be listed on this page as well, or will it only be in the award letter?

I'm not quite sure where I'm going to be next year yet, but I am doing HPSP if I chose Temple :)

I'm in the same boat.. slight chance I may wind up at NYU and I'm taking a second look at NYMC but Temple is really looking like it's the right school for me.

I just got back from the VIP trip in Portsmouth/Norfolk. Get a chance to do one of those?

I noticed today on Portal that it listed the Stafford loans I will be recieveing. If I were to get scholarships would that be listed on this page as well, or will it only be in the award letter?

I am wondering the same thing. An award letter is posted on my OWLnet, so I'm not sure if scholarships should be there or not.

Does any1 know if there is a projected budget for this year? Or do we have to make an appt in the fin. aid office to determine individual budgets?

I'm not sure the stuff posted on Owlnet is full. In fact, it can't be in my case - I only have stafford loans, and they don't add up to the full amount of cost of attendance. So surely they are leaving something out, right?

I think I'm going to have to call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I also got this (in my temple mail), which makes it seem like that should be complete:

This is to notify you that your initial 2009-2010 Financial Aid Award Letter is available on-line. You can access the information on OWLnet through the TU Portal with your Accessnet username and password.
Access your award using the Financial Aid Tab on OWLnet . Please review the award carefully. You will have 21 days, from the date of this email, to make and submit on-line revisions to the award. After that, any changes or revisions must be made in writing or in person to the SFS office.
This is to notify you that your initial 2009-2010 Financial Aid Award Letter is available on-line. You can access the information on OWLnet through the TU Portal with your Accessnet username and password.
Access your award using the Financial Aid Tab on OWLnet . Please review the award carefully. You will have 21 days, from the date of this email, to make and submit on-line revisions to the award. After that, any changes or revisions must be made in writing or in person to the SFS office.

Let me tell you, if Temple is giving me only loans, and only for less than half the cost of attendance, that sucks.

Well, I also got this (in my temple mail), which makes it seem like that should be complete:

Let me tell you, if Temple is giving me only loans, and only for less than half the cost of attendance, that sucks.

I spoke with Fin Aid. According to them this is just the federal aid available to you, this does not include your University based aid, scholarships, grants, loans. She said to wait a few weeks in order to receive the rest of the aid

i can't remember -- does anyone know specifically where (and when) the online housing forum will be posted? i've started apartment shopping but am definitely interested in living with a medical student, preferably from temple.

they're putting up the housing blog on tmo.temple.edu, but not after may 15th or whenever the deadline is to relinquish multiple acceptances. join the facebook group "temple university school of medicine class of 2013" -- people on there have started a small informal housing forum already.

Is anyone in the class of 2013 considering HPSP?

I am too, for Navy. I really like Temple and wouldn't mind the GMO thing. Also don't want to rack up 300,000 debt (after residency, with interest)!

I spoke with Fin Aid. According to them this is just the federal aid available to you, this does not include your University based aid, scholarships, grants, loans. She said to wait a few weeks in order to receive the rest of the aid

Awesome, good to know. Thanks for the info.

Although, by in a few weeks they better mean soon here...

Hey guys
I recently found out i was accepted on the webpage status. When I tried to make the tuition deposit, however, it says ,"Are you sure you want to submit your application. Information can't be changed once submitted."

I thought that was a strange message to click "yes" or "no" to before submitting the deposit. Did everybody else get that message or is something wrong with the system?

Thanks for your help!!

I am too, for Navy. I really like Temple and wouldn't mind the GMO thing. Also don't want to rack up 300,000 debt (after residency, with interest)!

Cool, I'm also going Navy - do you know when you're going to ODS?

Cool, I'm also going Navy - do you know when you're going to ODS?

Well, I haven't signed on the dotted line yet. If I do, ODS won't be until next summer because it will be too late to get me in this summer.

Well, I haven't signed on the dotted line yet. If I do, ODS won't be until next summer because it will be too late to get me in this summer.

That's kinda what I was getting at - I was surprised at how fast ODS classes fill up. I'll be doing it next summer too.

***HOUSING***

Looking for a potential third roommate for a very affordable townhouse in East Falls. Shoot me a message, or preferably, facebook me if you can figure out who I am.

Did anyone ever get a full financial aid package?

because I haven't...

nope.

have you sent in your signed federal tax forms yet?

I'm trying to figure out which neighborhoods to look into for housing near other Temple med students.

So far I've got:
1. Roxborough
2. Manayunk
3. East Falls

Anyone else know of other popular neighborhoods or does this area cover most students?

I'm trying to figure out which neighborhoods to look into for housing near other Temple med students.

So far I've got:
1. Roxborough
2. Manayunk
3. East Falls

Anyone else know of other popular neighborhoods or does this area cover most students?

I lived in Roxborough and it was quite nice. Another significant chunk of students live in Center City, although I never tended to visit there much. Those neighborhoods that you mentioned were quite popular for Temple students, it seemed to me.

Anyone heard anything from Financial Aid? I've been calling and getting no where. May 15th is looming...

Whatever happened to the MD MBA program with Fox?

hello future classmates, I don't usually post on networking sites but i just thought i'd spread word. this is my last summer of touring before i start at temple med in august. we'll be playing your city or somewhere near it most likely. if you're bored that night, check out the show. maybe we'll get a drink and speculate about our future doctory lives. you can even meet my wife. my name is chris. -peace

show dates and cites:
www.myspace.com/mewithoutyou

Do you know the address to which these need to be sent? Thanks
Health Sciences Campus
Student Faculty Conf. Bldg-LB41
Broad and Ontario Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19140

Anyone heard anything from Financial Aid? I've been calling and getting no where. May 15th is looming...
i THINK merit-based scholarships have been sent out. dont quote me though.

Hi There Temple Kiddies, 2013,

I received my acceptance this past week. I'm going to be moving from LA to Phili, and I'm trying to do this in a methodical manner. Do any previous out-of-state students have a checklist as to what needs to be done (financial aid packages, housing, etc.)? Basically, where to start with all of this?

I will receive my financial aid package this week. What's the first step for those of you who've already been here?

Thank you! And can't wait to see all of you in anatomy class!

Does anyone know when we can expect updated financial aid awards to be posted to owlnet?

When I was filling out my secondary, the only options that were given to me for rotations were Pitt, Dansville and another middle of nowhere location. I assumed that this was a "back-up" in case for some reason they were unable to schedule me for the Temple Hospital Campus. When I got my acceptance, it said that I was accepted to the Pitt campus. Is there anything I can do at this point to change it to Philly? Thanks!

When I was filling out my secondary, the only options that were given to me for rotations were Pitt, Dansville and another middle of nowhere location. I assumed that this was a "back-up" in case for some reason they were unable to schedule me for the Temple Hospital Campus. When I got my acceptance, it said that I was accepted to the Pitt campus. Is there anything I can do at this point to change it to Philly? Thanks!

Yes sir, the person to contact is :
Maria M. Demmler,
Associate Director for Admissions,
215-707-3656
Email: [email protected]

Good luck its not guaranteed that you will be able to switch.

Does anyone know where we get this magic "Pin" to log-on to Owlnet?

Hi, can anyone tell me about the summit park apartments. It seems like a resort for grad students. Is it a common place to live and do people seem happy there?

Hi everyone. I was recently accepted and as an OOS resident I have to pay the higher tuition price. I was wondering if anyone knew that if after the first year I can apply for in-state residency so that I would be able to qualify for the lower tuition price?

Also, for those who have received fin aid awards already, did anyone get scholarships from the school, or it mostly just government loans? Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know where we get this magic "Pin" to log-on to Owlnet?
i usually use the first option... "log on using your AccessNet Username and Password" -- the username is just the first part of your email address and the password is your email password.

Hi everyone. I was recently accepted and as an OOS resident I have to pay the higher tuition price. I was wondering if anyone knew that if after the first year I can apply for in-state residency so that I would be able to qualify for the lower tuition price?

Also, for those who have received fin aid awards already, did anyone get scholarships from the school, or it mostly just government loans? Thanks for your help!
i would contact fin aid [email protected]

Anybody hear anything in the past couple of weeks?

The only financial aid info I have received is that from the gov't. Did temple send anything else out yet? Also, any information regarding orientation?

Congrats all on your acceptance! I'm a 4th year at drexel, and I am moving into center city with my girlfriend. I am looking to rent my house in manayunk to another medical student or a couple. Here is the posting I just put up on craigs list:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/reo/1210446069.html

The only financial aid info I have received is that from the gov't. Did temple send anything else out yet? Also, any information regarding orientation?
yeah not sure about the fin aid stuff... which is why im going to see my fin aid counselor on tuesday.
here are some of the important dates:
orientation -- 8/3 - 8/7
FIRST DAY OF CLASS -- 8/10
white coat ceremony -- 10/30

check out the temple 2013 group on facebook... a lot more active than on here

Does anyone have advice on choosing a Stafford loan lender from the suggested list? I don't know much about the lenders in PA at all.