***Temple Class of 2013***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone. I was recently accepted and as an OOS resident I have to pay the higher tuition price. I was wondering if anyone knew that if after the first year I can apply for in-state residency so that I would be able to qualify for the lower tuition price?

Also, for those who have received fin aid awards already, did anyone get scholarships from the school, or it mostly just government loans? Thanks for your help!

You can change your residency. Basically, you have to appeal to the committee and prove to them that you have moved to PA and give some indication that you will be staying. I did a google search of temple in-state tuition and find the page before. Some things taht could help were, making a an address in PA your permanent address and transferring license and registrations to that address. Buying a place in PA. Accepting a job in a PA for after graduation. This website did say that everything was case by case and do xyz would not garauntee that they accept change of residence.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have advice on choosing a Stafford loan lender from the suggested list? I don't know much about the lenders in PA at all.
i actually went to see them about this today... my counselor told me that they all have the same terms (ie 6.8%, 6 mos grace period, etc) since it is a federal program. some schools automatically choose a lender for you, but temple decided to let the students choose their own.
i think im just going to choose the bank that i have an account with.

EDIT: after posting this and browsing sdn some more i found the following http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=637856

Last edited:
So I was thinking my immunization records should be clear since I was tested several times in my childhood for public school and college. Since my insurance didn't cover it, I was going to wait till before school starts to do the titers if they don't accept my most recent 4 year old lab reports.

Then I looked up my records and realized regardless, I tested negative for HBV antibodies so I have to do immunization course shots for HBV. :( Last shot is 6 months after the first two...

Edit: Just called and asked them, the nurse in charge said it won't stop me from matriculating. I'll just get alot of letters telling me I'm not immunized for HBV until I get the 3rd shot.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a finalized result of their PA Child Abuse Clearance from the organization yet? I sent my payment and application in two weeks ago, and still have heard nothing.

in from the waitlist! be there this fall for sure.

Do you really have to do the child abuse memo if you don't have kids?? :confused:

Do you really have to do the child abuse memo if you don't have kids?? :confused:

yeah, I think you do. It's to ensure that you haven't been convicted or involved in any child abuse (ie babysitting, etc.). It's really easy...just send in the form with the $10 money order and they get back to you in 2-3 weeks.

So I was thinking my immunization records should be clear since I was tested several times in my childhood for public school and college. Since my insurance didn't cover it, I was going to wait till before school starts to do the titers if they don't accept my most recent 4 year old lab reports.

Then I looked up my records and realized regardless, I tested negative for HBV antibodies so I have to do immunization course shots for HBV. :( Last shot is 6 months after the first two...

Edit: Just called and asked them, the nurse in charge said it won't stop me from matriculating. I'll just get alot of letters telling me I'm not immunized for HBV until I get the 3rd shot.
good to know. im in that between-school, insurance-less gap too and trying to postpone turning in my health forms til temple's kicks in.

Anyone get the full financial aid package yet? I faxed in my and my parents' tax forms/w-2s last Friday, saw it was confirmed on Owlnet and and now I'm waiting.

Don't need to turn in anything else besides FAFSA right? I also accepted their initial award letter of Stafford Loans so I can get it done and pick a lender before tuition's due. Hope it doesn't preclude me from university aid.

Last edited:
yeah, I think you do. It's to ensure that you haven't been convicted or involved in any child abuse (ie babysitting, etc.). It's really easy...just send in the form with the $10 money order and they get back to you in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, I see what u mean... guess it's these things that keep "craigslist killers" from getting into med school :)

Yeah, I see what u mean... guess it's these things that keep "craigslist killers" from getting into med school :)
good thing they dont require maritime piracy clearances... argh!

Yesterday will be 3 weeks since I mailed the child abuse form, no return mail yet...

1. They're really slow
2. I have a secret life as a pirate that I did not know about
3. I never should have handed it directly to that post office worker that I got the mail order from.

EDIT: Of course the instant I post this, it comes in the mail today. Watched pot never boils... unless you ***** about it.

Last edited:
For all those out-of-staters still looking for housing...I flew into Philly to do a housing blitz in 3 days and the Philly Apartment Company was so incredibly helpful!!! www.phillyapartmentco.com basically one of the only placement agencies I could find

Hey,

I'm only a sophomore in college now, so I'm not entirely sure if I should be here,
but I am thinking of going to Temple Med school, and so I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers in how to get accepted there.
Theoretically, I will have a 3.68-ish science GPA and a 3.73-ish overall GPA by the time I apply, (hopefully I'll have those stats)
but I was thinking of doing that dual-degree program they have and that's what I really want to get into.
When I went on the website, they said that for dual-degree, you should have a "significantly higher" scores than for "just" the med school.
When I looked up Temple in the MSAR, its ovll and science GPA were both 3.7. So I'm thinking my stats won't be good enough to get into the program?
anyone please can help me????????
Thanks!

Has anyone rotated in Pittsburgh from Temple?

I'm thinking about that option and would like some opinions.

And a related question - does anyone know how hard it is to switch clinical campuses? I picked main but I am now thinking I want to switch to Pittsburgh for the last two years (some family in the area). Is it even possible?

During interview day they said that it is usually easy to switch out of main into one of the others, but difficult to switch into main. Most people want to be at main, so it is easy to find someone to take your spot.

So I got the email for the second look - next month on the 18th!

And a related question - does anyone know how hard it is to switch clinical campuses? I picked main but I am now thinking I want to switch to Pittsburgh for the last two years (some family in the area). Is it even possible?

Hey Lokhtar,

Just saw this. I'll be attending Temple next year. I originally had Temple Main as my clinical campus but decided I'd rather be in Pittsburgh because my significant other just got a job there. I called admissions and asked and they directed me to the clinical campuses coordinator who changed it over the phone, then sent me a confirmation email that it had been changed.

It's definitely possible! :)