laurenem

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2006
NH
Status
Medical Student
So, for those of you filling out the Temple secondary, how are you choosing which clinical campus youre interested in? I've gone to the websites for each one, but since I have no preferance for a specialty right now it's nearly impossible to come up with a decent reason for why I am interested in a specific location... any thoughts? Anyone from the philly area have any advice on the hospitals?

AngryBaby

El Hefe
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2004
Somewhere in-between success and failure
Status
Medical Student
laurenem said:
So, for those of you filling out the Temple secondary, how are you choosing which clinical campus youre interested in? I've gone to the websites for each one, but since I have no preferance for a specialty right now it's nearly impossible to come up with a decent reason for why I am interested in a specific location... any thoughts? Anyone from the philly area have any advice on the hospitals?
Well they're all pretty far outside Philly with the exception of Crozer. Just take a look at their websites (their names in the app are hot links) and get a feel for them. I didn't put down a preference, the 2 I seem to like are not really near Philly and the one near the city seems to be a triage ctr. No good for EM!!

About the Ads

R.P. McMurphy

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
laurenem said:
I left that question blank, because it specifically asks you to explain why you would want to go to those clinical campuses......I would be happy anywhere so I skipped it.

swim2md

Ni.
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
outside your window.
Status
Pre-Medical
Just a side note--- even though the Temple website says they won't be updating status until Monday, I checked and they have already updated it.... application to Temple complete!

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i had another thread on this a week or so ago. i chose pittsburgh since i live here etc. there's no need to choose one and they don't tell us if it really affects anything. i think it's just an opinion poll or something. i would think people choose the campus base don if they're from the area or something (like me).

TSK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Isn't this question required? Was anyone able to submit without answering that question?

ironmanf14 said:
I left that question blank, because it specifically asks you to explain why you would want to go to those clinical campuses......I would be happy anywhere so I skipped it.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
TSK said:
Isn't this question required? Was anyone able to submit without answering that question?
I left it blank, and was able to submit it. Truth is, I would prefer to stay in Philly than go to one of the satellite campuses.

MDBBLk

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I have tried to leave it blank but I doint think you can submit it this way

jzyu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2007
Status
Medical Student
i chose the danville (geisinger?) hospital as my top choice. The other three choices i just made randomly

JackInTheBox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Well they're all pretty far outside Philly with the exception of Crozer. Just take a look at their websites (their names in the app are hot links) and get a feel for them. I didn't put down a preference, the 2 I seem to like are not really near Philly and the one near the city seems to be a triage ctr. No good for EM!!
Two of the sites are Level I trauma centers, and Geisinger has additional qualifications in pediatric trauma.

For people wondering where you talk about your clinical site choice, there's no separate essay, but they ask you to mention it in your essay about your interests in Temple.

lushmd

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Sorry for the late response and unsolicited advice. Having said that, as a recent Temple Med grad I'd suggest that you folks designate TUH as your first choice for MS3/MS4 rotations. I think that you'd get good training at any of these sites, but a big reason to choose Temple Med is the Temple clinical experience. Why deprive yourself of that? Besides, even if you choose TUH as your preferred site, you can always do rotations at the other sites.

About the Ads