Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an email 2-3 weeks ago and scheduled an interview for March 19.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh gosh my apologies. . I'm so worried I forgot to mention when. It was a week ago (2/16). And before anyone calls me impatient, I was just monitoring the trend and it seems that they answer within two weeks (what they told me) however its around the end of the month for thier interview cycle so thats why I was inquiring as to whether anyone has heard anything because I seen that most people get an answer around this time?!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh gosh my apologies. . I'm so worried I forgot to mention when. It was a week ago (2/16). And before anyone calls me impatient, I was just monitoring the trend and it seems that they answer within two weeks (what they told me) however its around the end of the month for thier interview cycle so thats why I was inquiring as to whether anyone has heard anything because I seem that most people get an answer around this time?!

I interviewed about two weeks before you and have still not heard back.

i intervied on the 3rd, but i think we should find out near March 6.... but dont hold me to this exactly. the pharmacy school seems to follow temple's main campu schedule and thats when we have spring break

So my interview is this Friday. Driving from the DC area, leaving at like 6am.

Where exactly is a good place to park?

So my interview is this Friday. Driving from the DC area, leaving at like 6am.

Where exactly is a good place to park?

i parked right in front of the door at the meters on broad st. this is probably your best bet. if there's no space, i'd continue up north a little and park at the hospital garage (right onto ontario?).

Arg SNOW! Again!

I'm heading from school tomorrow night, I hope I don't drive that far just to have it be canceled or something. Arg.

Ms Hankins just called and canceled. Rescheduled not until 2/18. :(

Hate missing classes. Arg.

Stupid snow. Now just hoping I hear good news from my first interview and just cancel the rest.

Last edited:
Congrats to those who have interviewed.

I'm so sorry to hear about the snow situation, guys. I can imagine how troublesome and frustrating it is to have your flight and interview canceled, when you've been planning for it for so long. But I guess it's an unfortunate thing about the North East winters, and safety is always most important. I guess, we can't predict the future, so "we've gotta be prepared for anything."

It is tough having to juggle interviewing with our everyday busy schedule, not to mention the emotional stress that comes with it. Hang in there, everyone. In tough situations, may our endurance and strength prevail. Let's hope everything comes to place at the end.

Just an update. I called today to see when the adcom is meeting. She said they were supposed to meet but the snow prolonged the process so they are meeting sometime next week like lilmacprincess said. She didn't know what day though. Just thought I'd share!

Just an update. I called today to see when the adcom is meeting. She said they were supposed to meet but the snow prolonged the process so they are meeting sometime next week like lilmacprincess said. She didn't know what day though. Just thought I'd share!

thank you for sharing!

I have an interview for March 16th; anyone else have this day?

Hey, how you doing guys?
i applied in end of January and i havent heard back from Temple Adcom. well My Math and Science GPA is 3.2 and my cGPA 3.11. i have recently took the PCAT in January and i did awful. i got 88 percentile on chem 80 percentile on my math and 50 percentile on my bio. i did really bad on my English parts because i recently moved in United States. do you guys think that i have opportunity to get in Temple Pharmacy school?.

And Btw i am temple undergrad student.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips on choosing where to live, as well, from any current or past students. I spoke to the housing office the other day, and was told that they were making some changes to the housing plans, hence the applications were not yet available. Anyhow, it seems that there are two grad apartments available- Triangle and Podiatric Student Residence Complex- I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations? How has your experience been living there- ie. is it pretty safe, clean, quiet? I don't plan on bringing my car to Philly, considering traffic and driving would be too scary for me. Would it be convenient to commute from the apartments to supermarkets and stores via the bus or subway?

Any tips on housing/living would be appreciated. Thanks so much.:)

well i am current undergrad student. i live at the main campus which is 1 mile away from pharmacy building. Also, u will have bus service from main campus to pharmacy building. If u wanna find the safe place to live consider Kardon/Atlantic apartment which is 570 month with everything.

Hey, how you doing guys?
i applied in end of January and i havent heard back from Temple Adcom. well My Math and Science GPA is 3.2 and my cGPA 3.11. i have recently took the PCAT in January and i did awful. i got 88 percentile on chem 80 percentile on my math and 50 percentile on my bio. i did really bad on my English parts because i recently moved in United States. do you guys think that i have opportunity to get in Temple Pharmacy school?.

And Btw i am temple undergrad student.

Since we are both Temple undergrad applicants, I'm sure yo know Neida Perez's viewpoint on everything-so i wont go through that again. According to stats the "min GPA" is 3.0 but the average actually hovers around a 3.5. Also its important to not score below a 50% in any subsection of the PCAT and a overall score of at least 50th percentile. Since your GPA is near the "cutoff", you will need extracurriculars, volunteer experience and basically show them how bad you want to be a pharmacist on paper, and if an interview is offered- in person as well. You def have a shot, since you did well in the math and chem portions of your pcat, but if you scored lower than a 50 on the verbal/reading, you should really cross your fingers. Good luck! And i havent heard back either- i interviewed the first week of Feb, and applied in mid Jan

Since we are both Temple undergrad applicants, I'm sure yo know Neida Perez's viewpoint on everything-so i wont go through that again. According to stats the "min GPA" is 3.0 but the average actually hovers around a 3.5. Also its important to not score below a 50% in any subsection of the PCAT and a overall score of at least 50th percentile. Since your GPA is near the "cutoff", you will need extracurriculars, volunteer experience and basically show them how bad you want to be a pharmacist on paper, and if an interview is offered- in person as well. You def have a shot, since you did well in the math and chem portions of your pcat, but if you scored lower than a 50 on the verbal/reading, you should really cross your fingers. Good luck! And i havent heard back either- i interviewed the first week of Feb, and applied in mid Jan

Well, i am aware of everything. Neida Perez has told me everything. but, i am recent immigrant from India and I am not great at English. I have low GPA because my bad Grades on English classes and i got 49 percentile on My PCAT because my bad grades on verbal and reading:(. btw what do you mean by show them how bad do i want to be pharmacist on paper? btw i am sure u have great GPA and PCAT, u will definetly get in. i think i saw u around the campus.

Last edited:

To correct LilMACPrincess.... the minimum overall gpa is around a 2.5... but her average is correct.... Also u can score below a 50% in the subset but she is correct u do need a composite score above a 50%... Please dont let SDN discourage u trust n believe I have friends that got into Temple with less than a 3.0 gpa and a biology percentile of 40%.... so anything is possible... Goodluck!!!

FYI one problem that you may find is that you will probably get a late interview if any.... When I called to schedule my interview the secretary said that they sent out all interview invites for feb to april.... So i dont know the next time they will be sending out invites... But for those that are waiting to see if they got in I heard adcom met yesterday... Goodluck!

Oh Mersades8711 don't play with my heart like that! lol I've been driving myself nuts waiting to hear back from them! Are you sure they meet yesterday? I've had no word yet today. . . . =(

Oh Mersades8711 don't play with my heart like that! lol I've been driving myself nuts waiting to hear back from them! Are you sure they meet yesterday? I've had no word yet today. . . . =(

Yea they met yesterday and we will be notified by email first... then receive the mailing.... Fingers are crossed for the both of us :):xf:

Lmao, i called them today and they have not reviewed my application. i am so sad:mad:

When was your interview? I didn't get an email yet today .... I'm so bummed

Anyone hear anything today?

Last edited:
aaaahh this is killing me lol. . . . can't imagine how you guys feel too because you've interviewed earlier then I have. I interviewed on 2/16. Well as long as no one else heard anything yet then I can still hold on to hope! I'm pulling for all of us!! :xf::luck:

Well, i am aware of everything. Neida Perez has told me everything. but, i am recent immigrant from India and I am not great at English. I have low GPA because my bad Grades on English classes and i got 49 percentile on My PCAT because my bad grades on verbal and reading:(. btw what do you mean by show them how bad do i want to be pharmacist on paper? btw i am sure u have great GPA and PCAT, u will definetly get in. i think i saw u around the campus.

Basically, if your essay, extracurriculars, and volunteer/work experience display the passion you have for pharmacy it can counter some of the PCAT and GPA stuff...i really wish you well- but theres always another year
Im so worried that i wont get in....i check my email 3 times a day :xf:

Im so happy I got an interview today for March 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so excited!!!
Anyone have any suggestions???

I don't mean to be a stickler but if you read the previous pages there should be more then enough info for you to feel comfortable with. With that said don't be too worried it is a VERY relaxed interview!!

I still haven't heard anything folks. . . .this is getting depressing! I can't imagine they would have met on Tuesday and still have not sent out one email. I know they are backed up since the beginning of feb but I can't relax till I hear back from them!

I don't mean to be a stickler but if you read the previous pages there should be more then enough info for you to feel comfortable with. With that said don't be too worried it is a VERY relaxed interview!!

I still haven't heard anything folks. . . .this is getting depressing! I can't imagine they would have met on Tuesday and still have not sent out one email. I know they are backed up since the beginning of feb but I can't relax till I hear back from them!

Well until other people start saying they have heard back (myself included) you shouldn't really stress out over it :thumbup:

I know GJLaw but thats just how I feel. . . .this whole process has been very stressful for myself as well as probably all of us. I'm a very "take things into your own hands" type of person so when people tell me to relax and "if its meant to be its meant to be" I go crazy! lol But the truth is we really don't have much control over any of this after our part is done. I've worried so much I've been battling a bout with shingles since january! So I'm hoping the news will help me stop stressing.

Where in jersey you from GJLaw? I'm from morris county. . .Roxbury.

I know GJLaw but thats just how I feel. . . .this whole process has been very stressful for myself as well as probably all of us. I'm a very "take things into your own hands" type of person so when people tell me to relax and "if its meant to be its meant to be" I go crazy! lol But the truth is we really don't have much control over any of this after our part is done. I've worried so much I've been battling a bout with shingles since january! So I'm hoping the news will help me stop stressing.

Where in jersey you from GJLaw? I'm from morris county. . .Roxbury.

I live in Bergen County near Hackensack, but I work in Morris County (Flanders)

So far for work? Yes I live close to flanders as well.

Good luck to all I hope we hear back today!

Just wanted to address some questions... According to the PharmCAS directory, Temple's minimum GPA required is 3.0 for both overall and prereq, not 2.5. Whether or not they make an exception, I haven't an idea. I do know that they emphasize the prerequisite GPA the most- that's the GPA that would be computed from grades in just your prerequisite classes. In response to inquiries of chances for an interview offer, an admissions counselor told me that if you have at least a 3.3 PREREQ GPA and above a 65 or 70 PCAT (I can't remember which), then you are considered competitive and "you will get an interview." I really appreciated their straightforward answer, and as it turned out, they stood by that. I can't say that this is how they decide on interviews all the time, but that was the answer they gave me at the time that I asked them.

In your case, infamous, your GPA should be alright, but the PCAT, just b/c it's a 49 composite, is a bit borderline. There's still a possibility, but you should talk to a Temple admissions counselor to truly find out your chances and possibly get a head start on the preparation for a plan b; or, just sit back and wait for that invitation which might come later just because you applied later. Retaking the PCAT might be a good idea as well because it shows that you are working to improve upon your weak areas. My best wishes to you and everyone who's still waiting. :luck: :luck:

Last edited:
Just wanted to address some questions... According to the PharmCAS directory, Temple's minimum GPA required is 3.0 for both overall and prereq, not 2.5. Whether or not they make an exception, I haven't an idea. I do know that they emphasize the prerequisite GPA the most- that's the GPA that would be computed from grades in just your prerequisite classes. In response to inquiries of chances for an interview offer, an admissions counselor told me that if you have at least a 3.3 PREREQ GPA and above a 65 or 70 PCAT (I can't remember which), then you are considered competitive and "you will get an interview." I really appreciated their straightforward answer, and as it turned out, they stood by that. I can't say that this is how they decide on interviews all the time, but that was the answer they gave me at the time that I asked them.

In your case, infamous, your GPA should be alright, but the PCAT, just b/c it's a 49 composite, is a bit borderline. There's still a possibility, but you should talk to a Temple admissions counselor to truly find out your chances and possibly get a head start on the preparation for a plan b; or, just sit back and wait for that invitation which might come later just because you applied later. Retaking the PCAT might be a good idea as well because it shows that you are working to improve upon your weak areas. My best wishes to you and everyone who's still waiting. :luck: :luck:

I met neither of those requirements and had an interview :D

Thank you GJlaw.... i kno alot of ppl that didnt meet tht requirement.... Although they may say that on the website it def is not true and they could pretty much tell u nething over the phone to make the school look very competitive. That was my reasoning for saying above a 2.5 and above a 50%.... I def dont think that these are exceptions getting in either....

I met neither of those requirements and had an interview :D
Well good for you. :) Which requirements are you referring to- the 3.0 GPA and 50 PCAT? B/c I just got curious and looked at your Pharmapplicants link, and it looks like you did meet those requirements from what you posted. :D :thumbup: If you're referring to the 3.3/65-70 stats, then by no means are they requirements, they are just stats that Ms. Fitchett said would almost guarantee an interview. I didn't get the impression that they said that just to make themselves look competitive; they just gave me a straightforward answer of what would secure an interview. But as I now learn, there are probably a fair number of people who don't meet those stats and still got invited. I think it was nice of you guys to let us know of these cases so that those in similar situations will have hope. I'm sorry I personally don't have experience with that, so I could only share what the advisers had told me. :)

As for the min GPA, also please note that it's 3.0 overall/Prereq not 3.0 science GPA that's required; perhaps some of those people might have below 3.0 in science GPA?? If people do get in with below 3.0's then I'm sure they have proven themselves worthy in some other way, since GPA is not everything, and I am happy for them. It's just puzzling to me why a min GPA is set if indeed it's not implemented, unless it's extremely close. For some schools, not meeting the min is an automatic rejection. Anyhow, I guess there are many scenarios, and it's nice of a school to take an applicant's entire file and person into consideration. If you have any doubts or concerns, I think it's smart to ask around, but don't disregard what the advisers or admissions directors or dean have to say because they know the ins and outs of the interview pool and could also give you constructive advice on your file. Good luck. :)

I totally understand what your saying autumnsteps..... other factors do come into account.... nextyearrx a composite of 41% is not above 50% so i cant speak on that..... sorry

Alright I just joined this because I'm sort of freaking out. I had my interview at Temple on feb 12th and I think I did great because I've had so many interviews in life. I have a 3.2GPA and got a 59 on the PCAT but still haven't gotten a letter. I played div 1 basketball, I even played against Temple. haha I know that doesn't matter but I wish it would. I know it hasn't been a full 6 weeks but I want to knowwww.

Last edited:
Alright I just joined this because I'm sort of freaking out. I had my interview at Temple on feb 12th and I think I did great because I've had so many interviews in life. I have a 3.2GPA and got a 59 on the PCAT but still haven't gotten a letter. I played div 1 basketball, I even played against Temple. haha I know that doesn't matter but I wish it would. I know it hasn't been a full 6 weeks but I want to knowwww.

I do not think they have gotten back to anyone. I interviewed on Feb. 4th and have still not heard anything.

I don't know. They said the adcom would meet last week on spring break when I called. Then we had word that they met last Tuesday like promised but still none of us have heard a word. . :(

I hope you all hear from them soon. I can imagine how nerve wrecking the wait is! I am super nervous about my interview too!
I know this question might have been answered somewhere before, but I just want to know from people that have interviewed at temple, what is the general dressing like? I dont want to be under or over dressed. I'm a girl and I'm thinking to wear pants.

I wore a PANT suit.. . . no collared shirt just a nice red tank under a black suit. That way I was sure to be dressed enough and not over just in case. The interview was so relaxed I think as long as you don't go looking like a bum they aren't going to really care.

Can someone else give the admissions office a call? I called two weeks ago and feel deperate to call again. . . .

congrats on everyone who got into Temple !!!
I'm a PY2 student here at TUSP so feel free to post questions if you want to know more abt the school !

Does anyone else have an interview on March 24 and wants to share a hotel the day before? Please PM me!