Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email today! Gonna call tomorrow to schedule an interview! Woot!

Question, how do you pronounce " .Fitchett"? That's the person we are supposed to call.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips on choosing where to live, as well, from any current or past students. I spoke to the housing office the other day, and was told that they were making some changes to the housing plans, hence the applications were not yet available. Anyhow, it seems that there are two grad apartments available- Triangle and Podiatric Student Residence Complex- I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations? How has your experience been living there- ie. is it pretty safe, clean, quiet? I don't plan on bringing my car to Philly, considering traffic and driving would be too scary for me. Would it be convenient to commute from the apartments to supermarkets and stores via the bus or subway?

Any tips on housing/living would be appreciated. Thanks so much.:)

well i have a friend who is a grad student at temple, and currently lives in temple's grad housing. she says that it is really bad.. terrible, actually. the best advice she could give me about living there, was to live in center city. it's in the heart of philly where most of your classmates will probably be living. everything you need is there. also, it's inconvenient to be outside and a lot safer than north, south and west philly. when you do decide where you want to go, visit the apartment yourself before signing the lease. apparently, philly has a BIG problem with rodents. if you have any specific questions about housing, let me know and i'll ask.

Guys, dress code tip: Avoid the white dress shirt.

Everyone looks like they are going to a funeral, and it's a shame when all the guys in an interview group look exactly the same, all in a white shirt, black suit, and black tie to go with it. When you wear an unusual dress shirt color, that's one factor that will help an interviewer remember you (can't argue that you won't stand out). And by "unusual" I don't mean ugly or crazy.

Get a dress shirt that is stylish - try green, blue, red, orange, whatever. Just a thought.

And make sure you have dress socks lol not sporty socks that come up just a little and reveal your ankles as you sit down.

I disagree. If the only thing the interviewer remembers about you is that you wore a blue shirt, that's probably not a good sign.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email today! Gonna call tomorrow to schedule an interview! Woot!

Question, how do you pronounce " .Fitchett"? That's the person we are supposed to call..

I just scheduled. . .I spoke with ms Fitchett ( I pronounced it fitch-ett . .. fitch like abercrombie and fitch and ett like the beginning of ettiquiete. it must have been right she didn't correct me) She's a very sweet lady. I'm going Feb 10th (next week! Eeekk :scared: lol) I'm very nervous. . .my first interview!

ps- how long after the interview to find out if you were accepted or not?

Last edited:
Just scheduled mine! 2/26

Wish they had weekends though. Really hate to miss class!

Just scheduled mine! 2/26

Wish they had weekends though. Really hate to miss class!

I had to take off from work, but I was done in time to get home for my night class.

Hi, I am also currently PY1 from Temple School of Pharmacy.
For those of you who need the hotel to stay for the interview, you should rent the hotels around center city or city hall for safe...(I chose Windsor hotel around city hall last year). Then you can take the Orange Subway toward Northbound (Fern Rock Station with local subway not express) and exit at Allegheny, you just walk only one more block heading North go get to Pharmacy building. Or you can take the taxi to Temple hospital (make sure tell the driver Temple Hospital). It is cost you around $10-$15 from city hall.

And for those of you want to know about apartment for living. There are many apartments behind the pharmacy building for rent (but it is little bit "ugly" cuz I am living there now). Or You can rent some apartment little bit further and take the subway or bus to school. For the rent behind the school around $500 or less for 1 bedroom and it is around $700-900/ bedroom for nice apartment.

Good luck for school....
To RihnoRX:...are you one of our reps...??

I disagree. If the only thing the interviewer remembers about you is that you wore a blue shirt, that's probably not a good sign.

Ok, you know I didn't mean that it's the only thing they'll remember about you, come on.

When you interview a dozen people in a day, and they all dress the same, it gets boring. If you look at least semi-stylish and not like you just walked out of a funeral, you at least get noticed before you even say anything. But hey, wear whatever you want lol

Hi, I am also currently PY1 from Temple School of Pharmacy.
For those of you who need the hotel to stay for the interview, you should rent the hotels around center city or city hall for safe...(I chose Windsor hotel around city hall last year). Then you can take the Orange Subway toward Northbound (Fern Rock Station with local subway not express) and exit at Allegheny, you just walk only one more block heading North go get to Pharmacy building. Or you can take the taxi to Temple hospital (make sure tell the driver Temple Hospital). It is cost you around $10-$15 from city hall.

And for those of you want to know about apartment for living. There are many apartments behind the pharmacy building for rent (but it is little bit "ugly" cuz I am living there now). Or You can rent some apartment little bit further and take the subway or bus to school. For the rent behind the school around $500 or less for 1 bedroom and it is around $700-900/ bedroom for nice apartment.

Good luck for school....
To RihnoRX:...are you one of our reps...??

Nahhh not one of the reps lol. It would have been a good idea on their end to help out here, but maybe they don't know about the forum. I just got help on here last year and from a lot of people I knew, and so I'm kinda repaying that because it was very helpful and most of the questions I got at my interview were the same ones I've heard of prior, even the unusual ones.

You joined to try and help out, too?

well i have a friend who is a grad student at temple, and currently lives in temple's grad housing. she says that it is really bad.. terrible, actually. the best advice she could give me about living there, was to live in center city. it's in the heart of philly where most of your classmates will probably be living. everything you need is there. also, it's inconvenient to be outside and a lot safer than north, south and west philly. when you do decide where you want to go, visit the apartment yourself before signing the lease. apparently, philly has a BIG problem with rodents. if you have any specific questions about housing, let me know and i'll ask.

aww, that is so nice of you. Thanks for the helpful info. It's a bit of a hastle having to look for apartments, since Philly is so far from Cali, which is why I'm hoping housing will work out for the first year at least. Rats- yikes! I think I'll have nightmares now. :scared: The thought of having a nice and clean apartment is indeed ideal, but of course there's the question of cost and commuting to school. Housing seems more convenient, but I hope it's not terrible to the point that I'll be living in a "rat hole"? haha :oops:
Center City would be where the Main Campus is right? I think housing is terribly expensive in Phily! You'd think paying $750-1000 (what it appears to be costing) would mean a decent living space. :( I'm worried my loans will stack up real quickly due to all the living expenses.. So I notice that you'll be attending our neighbor school, Jefferson - are you looking into housing too? :D

(I'll send you a PM with some specific questions- thanks :))

Thanks Tily, for your input as well. :)

Last edited:
in Philly, craigslist is one of the better places to look for rental leads

i think UPENN also has a site where students can look for posted rentals, not sure if you need to be a UPENN student to access it. i was able to use it as a landlord, but craigslist got by far the most reponses

Congratulation to those of you who got an interview invite or have got accepted already! I am currently a 2nd year student from California. There are actually many people in my class that are from out of state, so don't worry too much on the interview. Mine was pretty relaxing, just asked to talk about yourself, why you pick temple, what book do you like the most. He did ask us "how does a drug typically work?"
Anyway, as for the dorm, I lived at the Triangle Apartment, which is the graduate housing at Main Campus, during my 1st year. I, personally, would not want to live there again. It is a pretty old complex and have a lot of problems. Most my classmates live in Center City (not the same as main campus), some in South Philly, some in Manayunk, and some in North Philly in these two student apartment complex (York North and Academia, which have free shuttle to school)
Hopefully these information help! Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the reassurance pinkdream. I'm litterally shaking like a leaf thinking about my interview wednesday. I really want to go to Temple.

aww, that is so nice of you. Thanks for the helpful info. It's a bit of a hastle having to look for apartments, since Philly is so far from Cali, which is why I'm hoping housing will work out for the first year at least. Rats- yikes! I think I'll have nightmares now. :scared: The thought of having a nice and clean apartment is indeed ideal, but of course there's the question of cost and commuting to school. Housing seems more convenient, but I hope it's not terrible to the point that I'll be living in a "rat hole"? haha :oops:
Center City would be where the Main Campus is right? I think housing is terribly expensive in Phily! You'd think paying $750-1000 (what it appears to be costing) would mean a decent living space. :( I'm worried my loans will stack up real quickly due to all the living expenses.. So I notice that you'll be attending our neighbor school, Jefferson - are you looking into housing too? :D

(I'll send you a PM with some specific questions- thanks :))

Thanks Tily, for your input as well. :)

no prob, i'm happy to help out. i have the same worries about living in philly and being so far away from home. i sent your questions to my friend and i'll PM you when i hear back. i actually just sent in my housing application for the on campus residence halls at jefferson as an option. i've heard that some apartments share the same problems with rodents; while others do not have this problem at all. i guess it's also just a matter of keep the room clean and vacuuming often. since i wouldn't really know anyone there, a part of me wants to stay on campus so i can meet new people who also attend the same university.. but i'm also open to finding an apartment in center city, which is about 1.5 mi south of the temple's main campus.

there was a list of off-campus housing recommended by the school so i'm going to go through those. let me know if you want a copy. i've had some good experiences with craigslist, but these were rooms i rented out for short period of times (maybe a couple of months max) before the lease expired in the summer. also there's facebook marketplace..? maybe a little more comforting to know that the person is affiliated with the school..

umm sorry to ask again. .but once again. . . typically how long after the interview do you hear back from them?

autumnsteps, i sent you a PM with my friend's response to your questions but i don't know if it went through. hope it helps with your housing decisions.

THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ITNERVIEWS THIS WEDNESDAY:

Philly is expecting anywhere between 6 inches and 2 FEET of snow. Plan accordingly. Call the admissions office if you have to.

I got the interview invitation and scheduled an interview on Feb 26. Now I find out that my spring break is a week later than Temple's and I want to reschedule to a date between March 15-19. One reason is I won't miss any classes, the other one is I will be better prepared for the interview.

Will this affect my application in anyway? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ITNERVIEWS THIS WEDNESDAY:

Philly is expecting anywhere between 6 inches and 2 FEET of snow. Plan accordingly. Call the admissions office if you have to.

ok so I called Ms. Fitchett and she said you can call tomorrow before 5 to see how the snow is effecting them there. Its only a two hour drive for me and I still plan on going. HOWEVER she said that they completly understand about the snow and you can call ahead to say you won't make it and reschedule without any penalty to the admission process! She said even if it snows a foot they will most likely still be there. lol

I got the interview invitation and scheduled an interview on Feb 26. Now I find out that my spring break is a week later than Temple's and I want to reschedule to a date between March 15-19. One reason is I won't miss any classes, the other one is I will be better prepared for the interview.

Will this affect my application in anyway? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

I doubt it! The woman (Ms. June Fitchett) I've been in contact with has been nothing but sweet and so far its been a real laid back vibe I've been getting!

eggnacho- yes, I received it- thanks a lot. And good luck to you with interviews and finding housing. :)

To those who have interviews, best of luck!!! :luck:
RhinoRX has been really helpful in sharing great tips. I totally agree that one of the most important things in the interview is time and confidence. Be clear, concise and thoughtful. My interview experience at Temple was very pleasant. We didn't get grilled in any way, rather, we had a sharing, relaxing and intellectual conversation. As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's better to be more prepared than under prepared, but don't stress over the highly technical questions. I think they assess you as a whole person, your maturity and motivations, rather than how technically correct you are or how much you know (although it doesn't hurt to know more of course). Also, my interviewer made a point that they look over our entire application very carefully before making their final decision.

Shiuan- I think that those are valid reasons to consider rescheduling an interview; however, keep in mind also that they accept students on a rolling basis. I am not entirely sure about their selection process, but the earlier you interview, the more seats are still available and so one would think your chances of getting in would increase. Nonetheless, people still get accepted later. You want to make sure you'll be able to do well enough during the interview, so that depends on you and how much preparation you still need. Either way, on the interview day, keep your classes and worries at home and fully focus on what's in front of you. Good luck! :)

Oh about the snow... Stay safe driving in the snow, Kitsune and everyone. For those from warmer climates like myself, remember to dress extra extra warm- bring muffles, a beanie, and mittens too!

Last edited:
She called me to reschedule :( I know safety is key but I just wanted to go already! lol

She called me to reschedule :( I know safety is key but I just wanted to go already! lol

Oh wow, storm must be pretty bad there. :( I was starting to worry about you guys driving in the storm. So it's probably for the best. :) When is the interview now?

tuesday . .. but with rolling admissions I feel like with every interview before me a seat closes. I'm just stressing, I really want to go to temple but don't want to admit it to myself because if I don't get in it will just hurt even more! :(

Autumn. . . not to beat a dead horse but you said you got in. . .after the interview how long before they contacted you?

Last edited:
Kitune and Autumn- thanks for your suggestions. I decided not to reschedule and have booked my flight.

though it is two weeks away I still worry about the weather...hope it won't affect my schedule...flight tickets are expensive!!:(

Sorry, forgot to say thanks to Duc888, for the tip too- shall look into those. :)

Kitsune, I heard back within a week; but I interviewed in December and on the last day of the December group of interviews. It may vary depending on when the committee meets for your group, so don't expect it to be so soon. It's safe to say within 3-4 weeks, because you'd be in for a nice surprise if it comes earlier, or won't be disappointed if it takes longer. ;)

Shiuan, Yes, I hope the weather and everything will work out. If something does come up though :)xf:), you might have the option of rescheduling your flight (some airlines such as Southwest lets you transfer your ticket fees). Good luck.:thumbup:

Don't worry guys, you will be fine. I understand the stress and anxiety of interviews, but don't beat yourselves up because it won't do you any good. From my experience, sometimes my own anxiety gets the better of me on interviews. Now I try to think, I will give it my best and whatever happens is what's meant to be. :)

Another tip for the interview day: they will provide a tour, but it takes place either before or after your interview appointment. I didn't quite like that idea, wished it was a part of the interview day schedule and wished they included a Q&A session as well, but oh well. Take the opportunity to ask your student tour-guide questions if you have any. If you're interested in the tour, call Ms. Fitchett to ask when it will be so you can arrange accordingly. If it's before your interview, be sure to get there about 25-30 minutes early. They are pretty informal over there, but if you communicate with them, they're pretty good at addressing our questions and concerns.

Last edited:
This is like snow from hell...

We have about a foot out there, with another foot expected by 9pm to midnight today lol

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE INTERVIEWS ON THURSDAY (tomorrow) YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, TOO... Because this thing won't get cleaned up in a day, no plowing at all yet in my area.

My friend found out her about her acceptance 3 days after her interview. :D

When did your friend interview luckyphooey?

She interviewed on December 18, 2009 and got her acceptance on December 20, 2009 (so I lied, it was only 2 days! :laugh:). I think she made a very good impression at the interview.

Greetings, everyone. I am also a PY1 student at Temple. Rhino has provided some great info, and I agree that giving back to the SDN network is key since I was on here all the time while applying a year ago. I am an out-of-stater, a non-traditional student AND I live offcampus, so I can offer a different perspective towards some of your concerns you may have about Temple. I have a thread that I resurrected that deals primarily with questions about the school, so I would refer you to go there, however I would be happy to answer questions here as well. Cheers.

Temple just cancelled all its classes for Thursday. Just letting you know, people who have interviews on Thursdays - forget about it.

So my new interview is tuesday and its supposed to snow monday night into tuesday.. . . .. .Who is doing this to me?!? lol I swear I have the worst luck ever! I'm going snow or not! lol

I rescheduled my interview for April 1st...anyone else have this one?

I had my interview today and the gentlemen who gave our tour said they all found out in about 2 weeks so I'm guessing every two weeks?

i think they meet once a month or so.... because they told me id find out around spring break (March 8-16)

I just had my interview yesterday at Temple...I'm from outside the Philadelphia area but currently go to Pitt for pre-pharm.

I was the only one in my interview group that was still an undergrad. It was a little intimidating because the other 4 people already had their BS in a math/science and were ALL originally from different countries, but I hope I'm still not out of the running.

I didn't get to go on a tour of the school, but I was a little disappointed at how small the Pharmacy School was. I love the location in Philly because Pitt has become a huge inconvenience these past 2 years, but I'm hoping to get accepted ANYWHERE! I applied to Temple, USP, Pitt, Jefferson, MCPHS, Rutgers, and Maryland.

Did anyone get accepted to Temple yet this year? & how long did it take after the interview to find out? I know they said 4-6 weeks but I've heard that the time frame is not so reliable.

Thanks!

Oh wow I hope we don't have to wait till spring break!! I'll go insane!

Were you in my interview needsluck2010? I had mrs. Walker.

No I don't think her last name was Walker, but my interview was at 1pm..

I interviewed on Feb 1.... they said 3-4 weeks but she also said that we may get it in 2 weeks... The secreatary said they interviewed 40 people in december and they got their acceptance two weeks later.... This wait is killin me :(

Since I got into my top choice school, I am going to call tomorrow and cancel my interview. I hope this opens up an opportunity for one of you guys that hasn't heard anything back yet to get the much anticipated interview invitation! Best of luck to all of you!!

Since I got into my top choice school, I am going to call tomorrow and cancel my interview. I hope this opens up an opportunity for one of you guys that hasn't heard anything back yet to get the much anticipated interview invitation! Best of luck to all of you!!

congrats! was that NOVA that was your #1?

And make sure you have dress socks lol not sporty socks that come up just a little and reveal your ankles as you sit down.

Ridiculous...I saw one guy with white sock in black suit and shoes. LMAO:laugh:

Ahh this wait is killing me! I want to attend temple so bad I'll be heart broken if I don't get in! :( I'm hoping they review today and send out monday! :xf: