Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received the snail mail today and it was a taped and ripped envelope...quite funny :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I received the snail mail today and it was a taped and ripped envelope...quite funny :laugh:

indeed, mine was also taped, but not ripped, just hadn't been sealed.

anyone else do a double take at the tuition? i almost couldn't believe it, until i saw the "/semester" :laugh:

Has anyone had a shuttle from the triangle apartment to the pharmacy building?
I am going to live in the triangle apartment during the fall semester. However, I don't know whether I will bring my car or not. As I know, the pharmacy building is far from the TA. So, what if I miss the shuttle????? Also, how many times does the shuttle go back and forth? Can anyone give an idea for this? I know that if I bring my car I have to buy the parking permit too. But, it will be convenient. Right??? ~~~I don't know how to do it.....

This is another question. When I am in the third year, can't I live in on-campus???

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I sincerely hope that those who are not planning on attending decline in reasonable time so that the rest of us on the alternate list may have a chance. I'm excited to attend DYC in buffalo even if it is a new school. (Because I feel blessed to even be attending pharm school at all this admission cycle!) However I live in Jersey and Philly is by far much closer then a 6hr trip to buffalo. In any other case I'd be thrilled to travel and experience a chance away from home I'd prefer to not be so far away from my husband. Either way I'm going to go if things don't pan out with Temple but I'm still holding on to hope, even if it's a long shot! :luck: However Congrats to all those that got accepted! You all should feel very proud all your hard work has paid off!! I hope to be classmates in the fall! :xf:

I got wait listed too. I'm pretty upset about it. My girl lives in philly and is waiting for me to move there.....

About how many people are put on the Alternate (Wait List)? and how many people actually get accepted?

well last year they said 80 were on the list and 60 paid the deposit. don't know how many got in but they predict 18-20 on the packet we recieved

well last year they said 80 were on the list and 60 paid the deposit. don't know how many got in but they predict 18-20 on the packet we recieved

My friend is student of pre-pharmacy at Temple, and she said the waiting list is always 30 people each year !!! Hope it's correct ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
well I hope it is thirty. At the tour after the interview the one student made it seem like if you were waitlisted that not to worry because you will get in just very late in the game (his case august) I guess that would make sense if there were only thirty people on the list!

What I can't stand about temple is that they love to make you wait. I looked at previous threads and others were accepted off the wait list around the beginning of august. I'm accepted into a new program in buffalo. Obviously I'd prefer Temple not only because its estamblished but really becuase its close to home but i'm not sure if I can up and dump the whole thing once I start because class at DYC starts August first! all I can hopeis that they start pulling people off the waitlist around june and july! But I am aware that most people who get in off the waitlist do so after orientation because those who don't show up are automatically kicked out! I guess I'm hoping people will be courteous and tell the school in advance that they will not be attending!

My friend is student of pre-pharmacy at Temple, and she said the waiting list is always 30 people each year !!! Hope it's correct ^^

this sounds a little low, i think its more around 60... just because most students pick the school that gives them the best option (financially most often). yea, youll find out really late if you get in (aug is what i hear), but i guess thats better than not at all?

I interviewed in the middle of February and got my acceptance email yesterday. I will be accepting the spot. I submitted my application Feb. 1, got an interview offer in the email the next day. I was waiting about 5 weeks or so. I'm a state resident so I get a little break on tuition and Temple is only 2 hrs from home for me. Best of luck to the rest of you.

3.24 GPA - B.A. Neuroscience, 70 PCAT

Temple - Accepted
LECOM - Never finished supp.
Shenandoah - Cancelled interview
U of Buffalo - Denied offer
Jefferson - Interviewed
Albany - Colchester, VT - Wait listed

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard most people on the waitlist usually get in (but my source came from someone who got into the Temple med school--which I assume would probably be harder than pharmacy?)
I don't know why it would take until august to find out though. I would have to take summer classes to fill prereqs without even knowing for sure whether my acceptance would be definite.

From all the acceptances in this thread it seems like Temple already got all the people for the program especially if they are putting people on a waiting list. what I don't get is what's the point of continuing interviews. Mine is this Wednesday and this thread is making me extremely nervous!!! I'll be very upset if I have too drag my butt to Philly if the program is already full.

I've heard people getting in from the waitlist earlier than Aug. (if you read previous threads about Temple, you'll see). I really doubt that everyone on waitlist must wait until Aug. It would make sense if when you get in depends more on where you are on the waitlist, though I'm not sure.

Also, even though ppl are already getting waitlisted, it doesn't absolutely mean that all seats are filled, at least from my understanding of other schools. Some schools have their own way of making their accept or waitlist decisions. You might want to find out from the office to get some confirmation.

hi
I am a first year pharmacy student and was going to sell of all my books form the first year.
if anyone is interested please let me know.
they are a total of 7 books (anatomy, medchem, infectious (immunology and microbiology), biochem) for 400$

I interviewed Feb. 20th and got my acceptance today!

One lucky wait listed person will get in though because I plan on declining their offer.

Good luck guys!

I interviewed on Feb 26 and I finally got my acceptance letter yesterday!!
Before I thought I was definately rejected by them because so many people, those who interviewed before me or after me, got in. So for those who are still waiting, good luck and don't give up too soon.:)

I received my acceptance letter on last friday. I am waiting on university of connecticut for an acceptance which I should hopefully be receiving in a few days. If that happens I will be declining this offer so someone will get in in my place. Good luck everyone.

This news is bitter sweet! I'm happy for all of you and I hope this is good news for me as well.

I interviewed Feb. 20th and got my acceptance today!

One lucky wait listed person will get in though because I plan on declining their offer.

Good luck guys!

congrats, where are you deciding to go?

Does anyone know wat time orientation is gonna end on the sixth bc i need to kno wat time to book my flight

I just wonder if all the alternative list emails are the same or different for different people!!! I got congratulated to be on a wait list and it said that if 10-15 people withdrew, I'd have a chance. Does everybody on the wait list have the same email like mine?

I had my interview this past Wednesday and it was not at all how I expected! It was terrible!!! I am having a huge panic attack, I hope they get back to me soon.

Now that we are in, what next? I'm kind of getting a cold feet.

We have to take advantage of the freedom we have now... i sent in all my tax forms so i can get the fafsa rollin

I have not yet withdrawn my acceptance to make sure my deposit makes it's way to my school of choice, so hopefully one of you get in when I do :)

Oh man! I got an alternative list email today, so upset! Do we have to put a deposit to be on a waitlist?

Really? It seems more than that though:( Are you on the waitlist too?

finally submitted my deposit today!
how many people held their seats?

I held mine!

Does anyone know wat time orientation is gonna end on the sixth bc i need to kno wat time to book my flight/QUOTE said:
Joan hankins massaquoi said its not all day, it should be over by three. But if i were you i wouldnt book it earlier than 7 just to be safe!

I had a one on one interview last weds because no one showed up for my group. I thought i did well, until i got a wait list e-mail...I am debating whether or not to sign up for the class i need until i get an official acceptance letter. The guy that gave us the tour told us that most people get off the wait list. We shall see...

Waitlisted!!!! sob...sob...sob...sob...hiccup...sob!!!

My friend whose GPA is just 3.22 is just accepted. He got BA degree anyway.... Higher GPA is less competitive than a BA degree....

Last edited:
I had a question for anyone really familiar with the school. As an incoming P1, where would you recommend that I stay for the first year?

IMO, the first year is the BEST year to build the friendships and connections that you'll carry with you for the rest of the Temple Program. I know that I would not have met many of my college friends and study partners if I didn't dorm in a freshman dorm.

I heard that Temple does offer dorming, but that most Pharmacy students live off campus? Any idea where most pharmacy students or most first years live?

Yep at my intervies day the student that showed us around said that you will leave with random people that aren't in the pharm program if you're dorming. He said he lives like 2 min away from school. He also mentioned that there's a bulletin board in the Pharm building where students post housing info and if anyone is looking for roommates.

did anyone get their temple id number yet after submitting their seat deposit?

I was waitlisted too :(. I don't want to call Joan or anyone because they specifically say "do not call to check your status" but I really want to know what number I am on the list! I have two electives I want to take over the summer but I don't want to spend the money if I'm not even going to be accepted in the fall.
Does anyone know how likely it is to get in if you're waitlisted. People who aren't choosing Temple...please decline your offer asap! lol. <3

Hi everyone! I am new to forum. I have sent my seat deposit. Called to confirm receipt today and received my ID number. At 36, I may be the oldest in the class. Looking forward to meeting my new classmates. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Hi everyone. I have accepted my spot and sent in my deposit. Has anyone received any additional information? I called and got my ID number, but do not have the password to log in yet. Thanks for the help.

For all those that received their TU ID number if u have not received your temporary password.... ur temporary password is the first four numbers of your birthday... ex- Jan 30---- temporary password is 0130... I cant wait to see you all in August!!

If you get accepted and decide to go to Temple, please join the facebook group Temple University Pharmacy School class of 2014 to network with your future peers