Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I met neither of those requirements and had an interview :D

Just out of curiosity what were your STATS GJLaw? and are you attending this school right now or are you enrolled in any pharmacy school at the moment?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity what were your STATS GJLaw? and are you attending this school right now or are you enrolled in any pharmacy school at the moment?

Thanks

I had a 3.22 science/overall GPA (with a degree in chemistry) and a 64 composite score. I am not currently attending any pharmacy school, but will be in the fall

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok.... so I called admissions and they said that the committee will be meeting in a day or so.... However last week they said that the committee met on Tuesday.... ummm.... so I have no idea what is going on.... This is absolutely rediculous :( It has been more than a month and a half... other schools got back to me in 2 weeks.... Snow or no snow it should not take this long.... This clearly means that they are only going by your academics... because honestly if they write nothing down during the interview then how will they remember anything a month and a half later.... So I guess we will here in a couple days.... if that....

Ok.... so I called admissions and they said that the committee will be meeting in a day or so.... However last week they said that the committee met on Tuesday.... ummm.... so I have no idea what is going on.... This is absolutely rediculous :( It has been more than a month and a half... other schools got back to me in 2 weeks.... Snow or no snow it should not take this long.... This clearly means that they are only going by your academics... because honestly if they write nothing down during the interview then how will they remember anything a month and a half later.... So I guess we will here in a couple days.... if that....

Your interviewer wasn't writing anything? :confused:

Not during the interview.... I dont know what happened during the day.... Our group was the first day of interviews and im pretty sure every group interviewer was different... So i am def not worried about anything if thas wat ur getting at.

Not during the interview.... I dont know what happened during the day.... Our group was the first day of interviews and im pretty sure every group interviewer was different... So i am def not worried about anything if thas wat ur getting at.

I'm not implying anything at all. I was just curious because the interviewer conducting my group interview was writing on a notebook. I'm sure the interviewer in your case wrote down things directly after you finished.

Grrr!!! I've already sent in $750 to hold a spot somewhere else since they are being rediculous! I scheduled this interview a week before the other school to avoid this and the other school got back to me in 4 days! lol Arg! Thanks for calling mercedes! Yea at my interview the lady wrote nothing down either! Although at the end when handing back a file she wrote something on a sticky note and stuck in on someones file.. . . dunno what that means?! I was just observing. I hate this its rediculous! "No please take your time, its only my future! No rush!" :eyebrow:

When I got interviewed at Temple is was by an older professor and he was writing tons of things down but I don't think he was writing what we were actually saying, just who could actually speak and communicate well. Because at the end he was like well now that we know who can communicate we can move on. Dunno if that helps anyone but I think its interesting.

could this all be part of "The Duncan Method?" ... well I AIN'T gonna crack! :laugh:

My interviewer didn't write anything. She didn't even ask us many questions. She only asked us to introduce ourselves, then it seemed like a Q&A about the university. She spoke more than we did.

They did tell us it would be at least two weeks until we know.

we must have had the same interviewer, she spent a lot of time "selling" the school. I was thinking the whole time. . "uh well I already want to go here so I know this!" Actually I was distracted by all the neat stuff in the mini pharmacy museum room! I kept telling myself "maintain eye contact stop wandering around the room!" hehe

umm yes I was told two weeks as well but its been a month for me and over a month for others! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview on Feb 12th, and still no news from Temple.
I'm kinda tired of waiting right now....

is anyone received any news after an interview???
how long does it take usually?? to get an final answer??

I had an interview on Feb 12th, and still no news from Temple.
I'm kinda tired of waiting right now....

is anyone received any news after an interview???
how long does it take usually?? to get an final answer??

I know of at least one person that has heard back

i interviewed amonth ago and haven't had a reply yet, what are they doing???

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I got an email today stating I was an alternate. I just keep telling myself that at least I still have a chance.:rolleyes: I have been checking my email like crazy every day and when I hadn't heard anything I always checked this thread next just to see if any one else had heard anything. So I figured I would let you guys know that it seems they are getting back to us slowly.

I interviewed on Feb 26 so I guess I didn't have to wait as long as some of you.

Good luck to the rest of you.

I just received an acceptance e-mail. I will be declining the acceptance so at least one person will get in from the alternate list.

I just received an acceptance e-mail. I will be declining the acceptance so at least one person will get in from the alternate list.

Ditto that. Only took two months. :laugh:

I got an alternate list email today also :( My interview was 5 days ago... Any chance for me??? I'm really sad to read that email today because Temple is my first choice and it just 45 minutes from my house ... Does anyone here know how many people they usually put on the waiting list?

I was accepted today too! I had my interview March 16th. :D

3.85 GPA, 93 PCAT.

Awe great job you guys getting accepted. Hey GJLaw wouldn't it be nice if I could just take your spot since you are declining. Makes me feel like there is a chance after all. I'm just a little frustrated because since I don't have a definite spot yet I guess I can't decline my inteview on Friday for another school which would save me 800 bucks. Dang it. I don't really know how the alternate list works though since it seems like they are still holding interviews. Those spot you guys just freed up might not go to the alternates but to those who just had their interview. :scared:

And question, in the email it said something about a deposit... do we still pay to hold our spot even though we are an alternate. If so this is surprising news to me.

They asked you to give a deposit for the alternate list... that is weird.... Did everyones acceptance say provisional acceptance?

They asked you to give a deposit for the alternate list... that is weird.... Did everyones acceptance say provisional acceptance?

Yes, I believe they just send a generic e-mail out assuming that some students still may have prereqs to complete and thus is 'provisional'. As long as you complete the things you receive in the letter you will be fine. :)

All that build up for nothing. . I got alternate listed. :( Looks like I'll be headed to DYC in buffalo

I interviewed on Feb 26 but I didn't get any email today. Does that mean I was rejected and I will only be informed by a regular mail? :(

Last edited:
I interviewed on Feb 26 but I didn't get any email today. Does that mean I was rejected and I will only be informed by a regular mail? :(

Wow Shiuan, now you've got me REALLY nervous. I interviewed on the 23rd and also didn't get anything from them. I've been telling myself that since they sent out e-mails at ~4:40 EST, maybe they just ran out of time and didn't get to my last name. :laugh:

Anyone else also not get any e-mails/contact or did anyone get rejected via e-mail today?

Sorry Auriel... just this thought really freaked me out. This is killing me... Hope we can hear some good news from them tomorrow.

Sorry Auriel... just this thought really freaked me out. This is killing me... Hope we can hear some good news from them tomorrow.

So I called Temple and spoke with Ms.Fitchett. Apparently they notify wait list and accepted students via e-mail, and rejected students via snail mail. She mentioned that they were still considering applicants from the February Interviews.
So No news isn't bad news... but it's not good news lol

Honestly, Temple was my number 1 choice, but I already got accepted to LECOM-Erie and 2 other places, and I believe that what you put into pharm school is what you'll get out of it. I'm confident that I'll be able to take advantage of what LECOM has to offer.

Let me know if you hear anything Shi!

I wasn't notified about an acceptane/waitlist either..my interview was in February so i'm really hoping I might still have a shot.

Has any of you guys been rejected after the interview? Or do you know any? I don't really know whether it is good or bad for not hearing anything after the interview but absolutely gives me a lot of stress! Thanks for sharing.

So I called Temple and spoke with Ms.Fitchett. Apparently they notify wait list and accepted students via e-mail, and rejected students via snail mail. She mentioned that they were still considering applicants from the February Interviews.
So No news isn't bad news... but it's not good news lol

Honestly, Temple was my number 1 choice, but I already got accepted to LECOM-Erie and 2 other places, and I believe that what you put into pharm school is what you'll get out of it. I'm confident that I'll be able to take advantage of what LECOM has to offer.

Let me know if you hear anything Shi!

Congratulations that you’ve already accepted to LECOM.:)

I called the admission office and I was told that the admission committee is still holding my file and they will meet tomorrow. Having no news isn't good news but I guess I still have a chance. :xf:

Shiuan, did you call the admissions office today(Thursday)?
I called them yesterday and Ms. Fitchett told me the same thing.

Shiuan, did you call the admissions office today(Thursday)?
I called them yesterday and Ms. Fitchett told me the same thing.

Ya I called earlier this morning. That doesn't sound good. lol

I guess we just have to wait...

Finally, the silent waiting is over for most. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! For those alternates/ still waiting, there is still hope. Based on PharmCAS, in '09, they accepted ~200 for a class size of 150, so for sure people have given up their seats and there's a chance for those on alternates. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys waiting. :)

at least u guys heard back from them. i havenot even heard from them. i havenot received the interview invites. :confused:

I got accepted.....I cant believe it....I interviewed on tuesday 23rd and got the letter this morning! I'm still in a state of disbelief!

For those who were accepted, how do we "accept" their offer? Or turn in our deposit? There was no address to send it to in the email...

You have to wait tilyou get the letter in the mail to send in your deposit i believe

acceptances received by email or snail mail?