Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When was your app complete?

App completed 5/13. Sent email about final spring semester grades on 5/27, received interview invite about an hour later.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
App completed 5/13. Sent email about final spring semester grades on 5/27, received interview invite about an hour later.
When you updated your grades, did you also send in another transcript even though they already have one on file?

Any information on whether or not they're still interviewing?
When we heard from LKSOM on 05/28, there were 22 ACMS students already in the class. They've been accepting 3-4 students per interview so after the 05/27 interview, I'd say there's prob one more remaining if they're trying to hit 30!

Reactions: 1 users
When we heard from LKSOM on 05/28, there were 22 ACMS students already in the class. They've been accepting 3-4 students per interview so after the 05/27 interview, I'd say there's prob one more remaining if they're trying to hit 30!

Yeah, that last interview slot is probably the one happening tomorrow. So it's basically either we obtain an interview invite today or it's almost certain rejection. Fair enough, better to know earlier.

i don't think they're trying to hit 30. The class size from previous years has been about 35.

We were told the committee wouldn't be meeting next until late this week. So it's possible there won't be any acceptances or rejections until after then. Hang in there for those of you who haven't had an interview yet, there's still some hope I'm sure!

Best of luck to those of you interviewing tomorrow btw!

Reactions: 1 user
What do you guys think are the next-best alternatives to this program?
I am personally waiting for Toledo and EVMS due to their conditional interviews, a master's degree, and potentially cost-saving nature if you do med school there.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed today did they mention about another possible interview session in the next couple of weeks.

What do you guys think are the next-best alternatives to this program?
I am personally waiting for Toledo and EVMS due to their conditional interviews, a master's degree, and potentially cost-saving nature if you do med school there.
I applied to EVMS 1 year and got in. Probably attending at this point since there’s little hope for Temple. Have not heard about Toledo but for EVMS the top half of the program is able to matriculate into EVMS without a gap year. Overall 70 something success rate after 1 year (since you apply to other schools as well) and 88 after 2.

I applied to EVMS 1 year and got in. Probably attending at this point since there’s little hope for Temple. Have not heard about Toledo but for EVMS the top half of the program is able to matriculate into EVMS without a gap year. Overall 70 something success rate after 1 year (since you apply to other schools as well) and 88 after 2.
Thanks for the stats; the other thing I like about EVMS is you get to prove yourself against M1 students. One advantage with Toledo is that postbac + med school there would actually save money in tuition compared to going to other places since you only have to live there 12 months to qualify for in-state tuition. But do you know if this applies to EVMS as well? If you live there 12 months for the postbac, does that qualify for in-state tuition there? If so, that might be an even better choice since you can opt out of M1 coursework too.

I emailed them last friday with my updated grades and update letter and I haven't received a response yet. I'm assuming i'm rejected at this point :(

Thanks for the stats; the other thing I like about EVMS is you get to prove yourself against M1 students. One advantage with Toledo is that postbac + med school there would actually save money in tuition compared to going to other places since you only have to live there 12 months to qualify for in-state tuition. But do you know if this applies to EVMS as well? If you live there 12 months for the postbac, does that qualify for in-state tuition there? If so, that might be an even better choice since you can opt out of M1 coursework too.
I know someone told me the 2 year program lets you go in state I am not sure about the 1 year

Hey everyone. I submitted my PostBacCAS app Jan 3rd and was told it was verified by Jan 7th. I was also told by the admissions department that my application was still under review on Feb 13th. Should I just assume that I was rejected? Haven't heard a peep from them since then...

Has anyone received an update yet? I'm assuming it's an R if we haven't gotten anything at this point

At this point I am assuming an R and that they just forgot to send the email.

Did anyone submit their transcript directly to Temple prior to interview? I am assuming I am Reject. I contacted Temple early may but haven't heard anything yet.

No surprise. Received an official rejection email (pre interview) from ACMS just now. Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Congrats!

Speaking of which, just got my R lol.

Best of luck to the rest of you guys and congrats and good luck to those accepted! Grateful this thread was here :) .
Same here, it’s a R for me. Good luck to everyone else that got an R. Onto bigger things in life!

yep, just received my rejection email after emailing them about my application lol

Just also got my R haha, its a relief honestly so I can know for sure where I am going now. Good luck to everyone interviewing, and congratulations to all that got in! You guys are gonna kill it.

I just received my R. GL to the ppl who got in!

Same here, just got a rejection. Agreed it's a relief to know that earlier rather than later in the summer. But still a bit disappointed; thought I had good enough stats, ECs, and a high degree of interest in this school.
Congrats to those who got accepted; best of luck in the program. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming cycle!

Any accepted students have info on Orientation, first day of classes, any other important dates?

Any accepted students have info on Orientation, first day of classes, any other important dates?

The orientation will be on August 20th and the classes will turn online for the rest of the semester after the week of Thanksgiving. And it seems that the spring semester will start on January 4th.

Did you have to email them? Also, was this before or after interview?
I didn't email them asking for my application status, but I emailed them with updated grades about 2 weeks ago. Before interview

I emailed Temple and they said that continued consideration is still under review, and that there is no timeline for us to find out lol tysm