Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

Started by SAMBAA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At what point can we assume we're rejected? Like does anyone have a timeline where we should give up hope? I recently uploaded an update letter and new grades on Postbac cas and I emailed them to let them know and all they said is that my application is under review.
 
24 including BCMS
Was told they take about 10 BCMS and 30 ACMS!

So assuming 75% of the FB group is ACMS, they have about 18 ACMS seats filled and about 12 (40%) seats still remain, though a good chunk of these remaining seats will be filled up from this Wednesday's interviewees. Still, this combined with the potential 06/15 interview (based on previous cycles) is basically the last bit of hope left for us non-interviewees.
 
At what point can we assume we're rejected? Like does anyone have a timeline where we should give up hope? I recently uploaded an update letter and new grades on Postbac cas and I emailed them to let them know and all they said is that my application is under review.

When did they tell you that your app is still under review?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed last week that my final transcripts were in and I updated my grades on PostBacCAS. Received an interview invite 40 minutes later. Interview on 6/2.
Congrats and good luck on the interview! Nice to know they might have interview slots in June.
If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats like?
 
What are your extracurriculars if you dint mind sharing?

Graduated in 2018. I've been a medical scribe for the past 2 years, promoted to chief scribe a year ago. I did one summer of developmental psych research, one summer interning at a medical museum. A few volunteering/mentoring things, about 200 hours total and nothing long term. Also did some research this year with a doctor I worked with and got my name on a (pending) publication. A few other random things as well.
 
Graduated in 2018. I've been a medical scribe for the past 2 years, promoted to chief scribe a year ago. I did one summer of developmental psych research, one summer interning at a medical museum. A few volunteering/mentoring things, about 200 hours total and nothing long term. Also did some research this year with a doctor I worked with and got my name on a (pending) publication. A few other random things as well.
That’s a hefty list, congrats! This is for amcs and not achs correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
App completed 5/13. Sent email about final spring semester grades on 5/27, received interview invite about an hour later.
When you updated your grades, did you also send in another transcript even though they already have one on file?
 
When we heard from LKSOM on 05/28, there were 22 ACMS students already in the class. They've been accepting 3-4 students per interview so after the 05/27 interview, I'd say there's prob one more remaining if they're trying to hit 30!

Yeah, that last interview slot is probably the one happening tomorrow. So it's basically either we obtain an interview invite today or it's almost certain rejection. Fair enough, better to know earlier.
 
We were told the committee wouldn't be meeting next until late this week. So it's possible there won't be any acceptances or rejections until after then. Hang in there for those of you who haven't had an interview yet, there's still some hope I'm sure!

Best of luck to those of you interviewing tomorrow btw!
 
What do you guys think are the next-best alternatives to this program?
I am personally waiting for Toledo and EVMS due to their conditional interviews, a master's degree, and potentially cost-saving nature if you do med school there.
 
For those that interviewed today did they mention about another possible interview session in the next couple of weeks.
 
What do you guys think are the next-best alternatives to this program?
I am personally waiting for Toledo and EVMS due to their conditional interviews, a master's degree, and potentially cost-saving nature if you do med school there.
I applied to EVMS 1 year and got in. Probably attending at this point since there’s little hope for Temple. Have not heard about Toledo but for EVMS the top half of the program is able to matriculate into EVMS without a gap year. Overall 70 something success rate after 1 year (since you apply to other schools as well) and 88 after 2.
 
I applied to EVMS 1 year and got in. Probably attending at this point since there’s little hope for Temple. Have not heard about Toledo but for EVMS the top half of the program is able to matriculate into EVMS without a gap year. Overall 70 something success rate after 1 year (since you apply to other schools as well) and 88 after 2.
Thanks for the stats; the other thing I like about EVMS is you get to prove yourself against M1 students. One advantage with Toledo is that postbac + med school there would actually save money in tuition compared to going to other places since you only have to live there 12 months to qualify for in-state tuition. But do you know if this applies to EVMS as well? If you live there 12 months for the postbac, does that qualify for in-state tuition there? If so, that might be an even better choice since you can opt out of M1 coursework too.
 
I emailed them last friday with my updated grades and update letter and I haven't received a response yet. I'm assuming i'm rejected at this point 🙁
 
Thanks for the stats; the other thing I like about EVMS is you get to prove yourself against M1 students. One advantage with Toledo is that postbac + med school there would actually save money in tuition compared to going to other places since you only have to live there 12 months to qualify for in-state tuition. But do you know if this applies to EVMS as well? If you live there 12 months for the postbac, does that qualify for in-state tuition there? If so, that might be an even better choice since you can opt out of M1 coursework too.
I know someone told me the 2 year program lets you go in state I am not sure about the 1 year
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I submitted my PostBacCAS app Jan 3rd and was told it was verified by Jan 7th. I was also told by the admissions department that my application was still under review on Feb 13th. Should I just assume that I was rejected? Haven't heard a peep from them since then...
 
Has anyone received an update yet? I'm assuming it's an R if we haven't gotten anything at this point
 
Did anyone submit their transcript directly to Temple prior to interview? I am assuming I am Reject. I contacted Temple early may but haven't heard anything yet.
 
Just also got my R haha, its a relief honestly so I can know for sure where I am going now. Good luck to everyone interviewing, and congratulations to all that got in! You guys are gonna kill it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here, just got a rejection. Agreed it's a relief to know that earlier rather than later in the summer. But still a bit disappointed; thought I had good enough stats, ECs, and a high degree of interest in this school.
Congrats to those who got accepted; best of luck in the program. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming cycle!
 
Any accepted students have info on Orientation, first day of classes, any other important dates?