Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

Started by SAMBAA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the timeline for those waiting for an interview for ACMS? I applied and was marked complete in Feb, but haven't heard anything since
From the last email they sent out, I believe they’re interviewing through May. If they don’t respond to me this month regarding an interview, I’m going to assume it’s a rejection 🙁
 
If May 15th was the deadline to apply I feel like they're gonna have at least two more interview cycles. They for sure send rejections though right?
Have you looked at the other application cycles?
If May 15th was the deadline to apply I feel like they're gonna have at least two more interview cycles. They for sure send rejections though right?
they deff do send out rejections based on posts from earlier years. I’m going crazy by refreshing my email like every 10 mins
 
Have you looked at the other application cycles?

they deff do send out rejections based on posts from earlier years. I’m going crazy by refreshing my email like every 10 mins
Same here. I just got an email from ABC network (for some reason) and freaked out for a second when I saw the letters A and C in the same word lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any idea how many more interview invites they're going to send? I was complete over a month ago and haven't heard anything since and this is really stressing me out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got complete couple weeks ago. Is it a good idea to send a LOI? I'm hugely interested in this school and feel I could expand a bit more on exactly how I can contribute to LKSOM (e.g. public health projects in North Philly, etc.).
 
Has anyone gotten accepted in ACMS with a low/no Mcat but 3.7ish cGPA? I feel like all of the accepted applicants have a competitive MCAT, but temple also offers mcat prep like what?!

I was complete March 26th. I applied with a 3.64 GPA (although currently a 3.68 GPA) and a 506 MCAT, and I haven't gotten an interview.
I am still hopeful about Temple ACMS. It's a wonderful program. I'm trying to stay positive, my friend.
 
If you haven't gotten either a rejection nor an interview, should we expect to get a rejection email sometime soon?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone familiar with them, how does the Temple ACHS compare with Georgetown SMP? From what I see Temple is easier coursework and you get linkage interview if you meet certain standards, and Georgetown is much harder coursework and is well-known, so if you do well it can have an influence on multiple different schools during the app cycle, but there are no guaranteed interviews/acceptances.
 
3.63 cGPA. 511 MCAT. 2000+ hours as a medical scribe/MA. 40 hours shadowing. 100+ hours of clinical volunteering. 100+ hours of community volunteering. 200+ hours of research.
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you just apply straight to medical school? Your stats seem pretty amazing and I'm sure you would have gotten in! Did you have a lower sGPA or was there some other factor?
 
If we applied w/o an MCAT, is it worth sending an update with practice MCAT score reports from AAMC full lengths lol? i know at least another SMP that's accepting / asking for this. I'm testing on 6/27, so i can only get an actual score in July (was originally scheduled for April)

I did also start a new clinical job, but I already mentioned it (not as an activity, but in the what are you doing until the beginning of the program prompt), so i doubt it'll be seen as meaningful / worth sending an update letter.
What's the other SMP accepting this? Just wondering cause I was supposed to retake in April too lol 7/7 gang now
 
Hey everyone, I was perusing through the previous year threads, and it seems they interview through May and once more in mid-June. And depending on whether you are in the "continuing candidates" list (i.e. interviewed but not accepted/rejected yet), they give out acceptances into mid-July. Having said that, some people also expressed frustration of not being notified about rejections - it seems some didn't find out until they actually emailed/called the admissions office. So I guess if we don't get the interview happening later this week, we might have some hope of getting on in June.
Also, this is not really much of an extended timeline in the context of past deadlines; I think it was pre-2019 where due dates were in the May 15 - June 1 range.
It also seemed like people who got in tended to have pretty decent stats, though much higher than the typical postbac. Many were 3.6+ GPA (with some even 3.7 and 3.8) and/or MCAT in the 510-515 range.
 
Hey everyone, I was perusing through the previous year threads, and it seems they interview through May and once more in mid-June. And depending on whether you are in the "continuing candidates" list (i.e. interviewed but not accepted/rejected yet), they give out acceptances into mid-July. Having said that, some people also expressed frustration of not being notified about rejections - it seems some didn't find out until they actually emailed/called the admissions office. So I guess if we don't get the interview happening later this week, we might have some hope of getting on in June.
Also, this is not really much of an extended timeline in the context of past deadlines; I think it was pre-2019 where due dates were in the May 15 - June 1 range.
It also seemed like people who got in tended to have pretty decent stats, though much higher than the typical postbac. Many were 3.6+ GPA (with some even 3.7 and 3.8) and/or MCAT in the 510-515 range.
Thanks for taking the time out to share this! I believe it is a relatively new program, so that might be why the deadlines have not been constant every year. It really is the best Postbac program in my opinion. Hoping they get back to us all soon!
 
Hey everyone, I was perusing through the previous year threads, and it seems they interview through May and once more in mid-June. And depending on whether you are in the "continuing candidates" list (i.e. interviewed but not accepted/rejected yet), they give out acceptances into mid-July. Having said that, some people also expressed frustration of not being notified about rejections - it seems some didn't find out until they actually emailed/called the admissions office. So I guess if we don't get the interview happening later this week, we might have some hope of getting on in June.
Also, this is not really much of an extended timeline in the context of past deadlines; I think it was pre-2019 where due dates were in the May 15 - June 1 range.
It also seemed like people who got in tended to have pretty decent stats, though much higher than the typical postbac. Many were 3.6+ GPA (with some even 3.7 and 3.8) and/or MCAT in the 510-515 range.
Yup and this is what drives me crazy. The people applying with those stats don’t need a postbac. The whole point of a postbac is to address academic weakness. People with stats like that just need to apply more broadly and work on other parts of their application that are weak. If this what postbaccs are turning into then it’s going to be a serious waste of money in the future.
 
Has anyone written an update letter to the program? Do you let them know by email, or just hope that they see it on postbaccas (I think we're supposed to upload updates there)
I just sent them a letter of interest and updated my grades on postbaccas. How do we put a letter on postbaccas?
 
Anyone else annoyed with Temple at this point? Just heard back from gtwon within 2 weeks.
At this point I am wondering if I was a reject that they never sent the email too. Just don't know how to ask without it hurting me
 
How many people on here are interviewing today? I remember there was one post from a few days ago indicating a 05/27 interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that updated their application did you guys also send another transcript?